Monday, July 31, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/31/2023 }

 

 
Good morning everyone.  It's super late, so I'm going to get right on with the post.
 
Life has been very busy here, we have my brother in law staying with us, and on Sunday, my stepmom arrives from South Africa and will also be staying with us for a month.  There's lots to do.
 
A week after her arrival, we have our yearly family reunion at my house as well.  I feel like I'm running around, with no rest in sight.  Actually looking forward to September to rest.  
 
Hope you all have a blessed week!
 
 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Extremely hot, I can't handle more than 10 minutes outside.  We desperately need rain again, and for these temps to cool down. 
 
Monday -  108
Tuesday - 109
Wednesday - 109
Thursday - 108
Friday - 108
Saturday - 107
Sunday - 104



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
My grass is yellow.  We have had so much heat and not a single drop of rain, in a couple of weeks.  I didn't even get a garden this year.     
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Trying to get this post up as quick as possible.           
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
I have so much to do this week, and then the next.  Also, one of our chickens has started laying eggs, and I am soooooooooo thrilled. 


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Nothing at the moment.              

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
A bit stressed and overwhelmed, to be honest.  
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Had coffee and some toast.           
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure, I will either have a bowl of fruit or I will make a lentil salad.   
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Seafood Curry  
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Shorts and a tshirt.                     

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
I'm quickly getting through all these amazing Turkish shows.  At the moment I'm watching Yali Capkini.  But I have to say, no show has frustrated me and irritated me as much as this one is.  My word, the writers are really working on my last nerve.  Hahahha   

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Seafood Curry
TuesdayBifes de Cebolada, Rice, Antalya Bean Salad
Wednesday -  Cottage Pie, Cretan Zucchini in Tomato Sauce   
Thursday - Chicken in a Bag, Fries, Broccoli
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
So much to do......send help.  hahahah                   
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Carpet Cleaning
- Clean house
- Pay bills
- Make new meal plan
- Prepare for reunion, meal plans, who is sleeping where, games and so on

 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
Behold, the wicked man conceives evil and is pregnant with mischief and gives birth to lies. He makes a pit, digging it out, and falls into the hole that he has made. - Psalm 7:14-15


9 comments:

Joanna Unbehaun said...

hello, my friend! Praying for relief from the heat soon and some good rain too. Sending love!

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Oh, it's still a long time until September. Nevertheless, I wish you some small 'me' moments. You have to create them yourself because no one else will do it for you. Will you manage that? I feel so sorry that it's so hot in your area. If only I could send some rain your way. Here, it's raining abundantly, and I would love to see the sun. But we don't control anything, right? Let Him take control, watch over us. Its wisdom in what He does. I will pray for rain for you. And also for fewer feelings of stress. Warm greetings from a wet, very wet, small country in Europe. ☔🌍

Mrs.T said...

As always I am amazed at the creativity of your menus!

We have had lots of rain here and are thankful for a little break in the weather. Will certainly pray for rain and less stress for you.

Elisha said...

The weather has been crazy this year. I hope you get some relief from the heat soon. We didn't do a garden this year either; but for the opposite reason. We've had so much rain there wasn't really a chance to get one in and now I'm thankful we didn't try because everything would have just rotted/drowned on us.

Jackie See said...

Happy Monday! Another hot week! Have fun with the family!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Sandra! Prayers for rain and safe travels for all of your loved ones. I hope it's a wonderful reunion and that you take some time during it all to just rest and enjoy the gift of family. Blessings. xo

Cara said...

Geez it's warm where you are! Hopefully all the visits go well and you feel peace.

Jean said...

Hope you enjoy all your wonderful time with your family! Hope it cools down for you soon and you get that much needed rain, those temps are crazy high. I keep saying I'm going to just sleep the whole month of September, ha. Have a wonderful week!

Fresh Maple said...

In this modern era, your house's carpet narrates the events of your life. It conveys microscopic particles from the outside world and the foot activity of each individual who has passed by. If you want a spotless carpet, you have to call Fresh Maple for carpet cleaning in Milton.