Monday, August 03, 2026

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/03/2026 }


Good morning, happy Monday!
 
I have had a week of just stress and frustration and really wish my weekend had been longer, but alas, here we are.  Monday!!!  A start of a new week and hopefully a better week for us all.
 
Let's see what is happening around our homes.
 
Sandra
 
 
*** The Weather *** 
It's been disgusting, and I was all excited because on my phone it showed this coming week we would be in the 90s.  That happiness was short lived because it's now showing triple digits again.  Lord help us!    
 


 
*** Right now I am *** 
At my desk working on this post, also talking through Whatsapp with my stepmom and my niece.  
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
Just things that I want to get done this week, blog posts, sewing and crafting and getting ready for Fall.  I am just going to remove all thoughts of heat and summer and pretend it's cooler temperatures.  Fool that I am!  
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Tired.  Last week as I said, was a bit stressful for Jasmine.  She had a few things going on, it feels like the enemy is directing an onslaught against her and as parents, it's sad to see and know that we can't do anything.
 
She had a situation on Tuesday, and then Friday morning woke up with ear pain in her left ear, and a horrible vertigo attack that came and went for hours.  I ended up taking her to urgent care, and it turns out she has fluid in that ear.  She was prescribed some medication and is starting to feel better, the spinning and vertigo has stopped but she still feels a bit light headed and dizzy.  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I just had a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal.  


*** On the lunch plate ***
Not sure yet, but will probably be a tuna salad.     
 
 
*** On the dinner plate *** 
Skillet Sausage and Potatoes, Salad  
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
 
Monday -   Skillet Sausage and Potatoes, Okra and Tomatoes 
 
Tuesday -  Cowboy Lasagna, Salad 
 
Wednesday - Shrimp Fajitas, Mexican Rice, Beans  
 
Thursday - Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
 
Friday - Homemade Pizza
 
Saturday - Baked Ziti with Sausage, Garlic Bread, Salad
 
Sunday -  Turkey Burgers, Potato Wedges, Sauteed Cabbage  
 
 
 
*** What I am wearing *** 
Still in my nightgown and will change into a dress later.  
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
I am reading in 1 samuel in the Bible.   

Finished Rachel Fordham's A Life Once Dreamed, last night.  I really enjoy Rachel Fordham.  
 
My next read will be All the Forgiveness by Elizabeth Hardinger. 
 

 
 
*** On my TV this week *** 
YouTube:
Homemaking 
Christian book vloggers 
Quiet and simple living 
Homemakers in Brazil, Portugal and Mexico  
 
Turkish series:
None at the moment
 
Netflix:
I watched the new Idaho Four Documentary.  I wasn't going to because I've seen so many already but decided to go ahead and it was quite good.  Lots of videos and interviews and bodycams that we hadn't seen before.  
 
Apple TV:
For all Manking
 
Paramount Plus:
Star Trek Strange New Worlds 
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
I have to do the usual Monday cleaning.  I would love to have my windows and patio door open but this heat does not allow that.  I just feel that the house is stuffy and needs some fresh air, so I'm going to open everything up this morning for at least 30 minutes.  
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Water inside plants 
Water plants and veggies outside on the patio 
Daily bible reading and devotional/bible study 
Daily 15k steps
Homemaking chores
Pay bills
Make bread for the week
Carpet clean  
 
 
*** What I am creating ***
I have been looking up some crochet fall potholders that I want to make.  Will start looking through my yarn and seeing if I have the colors I need.  Something like this below, and if you have any patterns or ideas for Fall inspired potholders please send them my way.  
 



*** From the camera *** 
Home ♥   
 

 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Isaiah 40:31: "Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."






1 comment:

**Syl said...

I hope you'll feel better soon. And your daughter.

The weather here has turned tropical again.
Wanted to do things outside, but it's too hot. Almost 40 celsius in the garden.

The neighbours now have airconditioning, and we have the noise.

I hope for all of us the weather normalises soon.

Have a quiet day!!