Monday, August 17, 2026

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/17/2026 }


Good morning.  Hello everyone, welcome back to my little blog.  I hope this Monday morning finds you all well.  
 
It is another scorcher here in Texas.  I am actually going to stop talking about it, because there is nothing I can do to change it and constantly complaining is not exactly making me feel any better.  It just is what it is.
 
I had a good weekend, usual gym, church, having our girl over for dinner and family games.  Although, I always feel like when Monday morning rolls around, I haven't quite had enough weekend, if you know what I mean.
 
Right, let's get on with our post for today, let's see what is happening around our homes. 
 
God Bless,
Sandra
 


 
*** The Weather *** 
Here, I'll just leave it and walk away defeated LOL 




*** Right now I am *** 
I just finished the row I was on in my crochet blanket, and have started the new row.  I have set it aside now so that I can sit at my desk and get this post up for you all.  
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
All the home projects that I still have to finish before my stepmom arrives in two weeks, yes, just two weeks time, I can't believe how fast the days have flown by.  
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I am feeling good, although quite sore from the gym.  I have started doing deadlift weights and those have really upped my workout but also have left me hurting, which is a good thing.  I've been on this health journey for two years and need to change it up a bit, so this is perfect.  
 
Also feeling hot, already, at 7 in the morning. 
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I just had a cup of coffee at 4:30am when we got up, with 2% milk and a tiny splash of chobani hazelnut creamer.  I like using the creamers as just a tiny flavor enhancer, so I do milk and then literally a little splash of whatever creamer just for the taste.  Doing it this way helps curb that craving for a flavored coffee, but also keeps the fat and calories under control.  I often see people making coffee with just creamer and I don't know how they handle it, it's far too much cream and sweetness for me, but to each their own.  
 
I also had a bowl of oatmeal with some shredded coconut.


*** On the lunch plate ***
I'll be having a Tuna Tzatziki Cucumber Salad. 
 
 
*** On the dinner plate *** 
Beef Curry, Rice, Garlic Naan   
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
 
Monday -   Beef Curry, Rice, Garlic Naan 
 
Tuesday -  Baked Fish in tomato and onion sauce, Garlic Parsley Potatoes, Sauteed Kobucha Squash 
 
Wednesday -  Greek chicken and lemon rice, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
 
Thursday - Turkish Pasta, Salad
 
Friday - Turkish Gozleme
 
Saturday - Turkish Kofte with Potatoes, Chickpea Salad
 
Sunday - Slow Cooker White Beans and Sausage, Roast Veggies   
 
 
 
*** What I am wearing *** 
Still in my nightgown, and since today is my rest day from working out, I will throw on a cool summer dress. 
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Still reading in 1 Samuel in the Bible.  
 
I have a few Christian non fiction review books from Thomas Nelson, arriving over the next few weeks and the first just arrived this weekend.  It is called A Sacrifice of Praise and Thanksgiving by Wendy Speake.  I am planning on starting this 30 day Devotional on September 1st.
 


Finished Summerhaven by Tiffany Odekirk and absolutely loved it, it is one of my favorites that I have read this year.  I am now in book one of Liz Curtis Higgs Lowlands of Scotland Trilogy.  It is a biblical retelling of Jacob and Esau.  I will say it is really slow right now and I have debated setting it aside until I am more in the mood for it.  I have a lot of new books in that I would rather be reading right now, so I may go ahead and do that.   
 

*** On my TV this week *** 
YouTube:
Homemaking 
Christian book vloggers 
Quiet and simple living 
Homemaking  
 
Turkish series:
Doganin Kanunu - just as I got into it, it has been cancelled.  Bummer.
Muhtemel Ask - loving this one right now
 
 
Netflix:
Still watching The First 48 Hours.
 
Apple TV:
For all Mankind
 
Paramount Plus:
Star Trek Strange New Worlds 
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
I need to do the usual carpet cleaning, dusting, vacuuming and so forth.  
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Today:
Water inside plants
Water inside plants 
Water plants and veggies outside on the patio
Daily bible reading 
 
This week: 
Daily 15k steps
Homemaking chores
Pay bills
Pain the hallway
 
 
*** What I am creating ***
I picked up the crochet blanket again and finally got past the difficult Part 5.  I have now started Part 6 and I'm finding it a little frustrating as well.  This isn't my first blanket by Dedri, but it's my first blanket by her that is pushing me to my limits and testing my patience, for sure.  Hahahah
 
Anyway, we will get it done eventually.   I will get a picture of the progress this morning and come back and add it here, for you all to see.
 

*** From the camera *** 
I just love this book read counter.  I want to climb right in there and become that girl, sitting at that gorgeous window reading.   ♥   
 

 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
At church our message was about our role as Christians, and the role of the church as well.  It was quite interesting and one thing our Pastor said, which I have always agreed upon and believed myself, is that we need to be sharing the gospel, sharing God with everyone around us, but it is not up to us to save anyone, that is God's job and responsibility.  It is not on us. 
 

1 comment:

Luludou said...

I like the read counter too! I'm so glad our temperatures are cooler this week, will try to send you some cool winds (with no smoke!), You are so consistent with your workouts, good for you. Have a good week