Monday, October 05, 2026

{ Blogtober 2026 - Day 5 - Happy Homemaker Monday 10/05/2026 }

Good morning dear friends, welcome back to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. ♥
 
I hope you've had a wonderful weekend.  Ours was very quiet, very much relaxing and filled with laying about, watching tv, reading, naps and downtime.  I looked at Curt yesterday and said "You know we just had the weekend that we used to love back in the day, quiet, nowhere to go and nothing to do."
 
It was very much needed, and kind of forced upon us too because Curt came down with a horrible cold on Saturday morning, and actually stayed home from work today because he does not sound good at all.  Must be the change in the weather. 
 
So, it is going to be another quiet slow day here at home, and I am all for it.
 
I hope you have a blessed week.  Let's get right on with our post for today.
 
Sandra
xoxoxo 




♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It has been wonderful, we had a weekend full of rain, cool temperatures and pure bliss.  I loved it, of course because I'm a huge rain lover.  We have a sunny week ahead, temperatures in the lower 80s, so should be a nice week.  
 
Monday - Sunny, 83
Tuesday - Sunny, 84
Wednesday - Sunny, 86
Thursday - Cloudy, 85
Friday - Cloudy, 85
Saturday - Sunny, 85
Sunday - Sunny, 86


♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
The sun is just starting to come up.  It's getting brighter later in the day and sun is going down earlier at night too.  Sure signs of Fall.  Right now I can just start to see the trees against the mornings sky.   


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
I am at my desk.  In the background is a crime documentary, Elliott is asleep on my bed, Kaia is with Curt in the office.    
 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
Have to work on my new meal plan, and want to look up some recipes to get back to healthy eating.   
 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥
I am doing well, not feeling 100% which makes sense since Curt is sick and it will obviously head my way next.  
 

♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I have had a cup of coffee and just had a bowl of oatmeal with a teaspoon of brown sugar, cut up date and shredded coconut.  I only had half the bowl though, just not feeling super hungry. 
 

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
I will be having a Tuna Chickpea Salad.  
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers, Potato skins, Salad.   


♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Still in my summer pajamas, pant and short sleeve top.  Pink with black polka dots.  It is one of the Joyful Spun pajamas that I love so much.   
 

 

♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥
I finished 1 Samuel finally, and am now in 2 Samuel.    

Finished A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham.   I was going to start The Shadow of the Gods by John Gwynne, but read two pages and set it aside because I'm not in the mood for it.  I told you I'm a mood reader and will often pick up a book thinking I want to read it, and then set it aside.
 
I picked up Arabella by Georgette Heyer instead.   
 

Also starting What to Do in a Valley by Jabin Chavez, for a book review. 
 


♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Youtube - 
Homemaking and book vlogs
Vlogtober
Crochet and Knitting podcasts 
 
Netflix - 
I Survived a Serial Killer
Drew Binsky
 
Turkish Soap -
Mercan Kosk
Cirkin
Guller ve Gunahlar
Muhtemel Ask
Halef
Sevdigim Sensin
Gunesin Dogdugu Yer
Anne Yarisi
Sevdan Bir Ates
 

♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Will start working on the new meal plan today.  This is what I have planned until I get groceries on Wednesday.
 
Monday - Carne de Panela, Rice, Sauteed Greens  
Tuesday - Baked Catfish Nuggets with Garlic and Parsley, Curried Quinoa, Roast Vegetables 
Wednesday - Mediterranean Chicken Bake, Roast Potatoes, Salad
Thursday - 
Friday - 
Saturday - 
Sunday - 


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I have really enjoyed getting back on track and in my usual routine.  I've given the house a good clean, good organize and am now working on finishing the painting projects and decorating.   


♥♥ To Do List for the week ♥♥
- Carpet clean, vacuum, dust
- Normal daily cleaning, kitchen, bathroom, living spaces
- Meal plan, grocery shopping
- Budget and bills  


♥♥ What I am creating ♥♥
Will be picking up the Universe in Bloom Blanket.  I want to finish it as soon as possible because I just got in the mail a crochet book and am planning to make every single little cut animal in there, starting with Puss in Boots.  Can't wait.   
 
 IMG_1206


♥♥ Something fun to share ♥♥
Just recently found a new YouTube channel and I'm loving following her.  She talks about faith and slow living, which are two of my favorite themes to follow in a YouTube creator.
 
Go on and check out Ese, she is so sweet and I just love her gentle soul.  Her channel is called The Little Light Journal.  She lived in the USA for 9 years but has recently returned to her home in Nigeria.  



 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
One of the stray kitties outside is a tuxedo.  She has the sweetest personality and is constantly at our door.  Jasmine wants her, so we need to try and get her to the vet to check her out and hopefully she is then adopted by Jasmine.  She lets her pet her, pick her up and is always pawing at the door and will do this with our hands when we go near her, I think she wants to be an inside cat for sure.  How sweet!!!
 
We call her Pepper.  ♥ 
 
IMG_1269


♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
I am starting a new bible study today from Daily Grace, called When Fear Meets Faith.  One of the first quotes in the book say:
 
The only one who can truly calm our fears is the one who will eventually rid us of our fears forever.  
 
Love it! 
 


No comments: