Friday, October 02, 2026

{ Blogtober 2026 - Day 2 - A quick catch up }

 
*sighing heavily*
 
September has come to an end and October is here.  I can tell you with the utmost honesty that I am very happy to see the month of September come to and end.
 
That big sigh is a release of the stress I felt the past few weeks. 
 
A lot has happened in the four weeks that just went past, a lot of things that shook me to the core, that tore me down, that pushed me to draw closer to God and forced me to look at me and my siblings not as the young kids we were, but the older adults that we are.  With that comes the realization that we're all getting closer to the ages where our bodies start aging and those things that we used to think only happened to the old folks, are now things that we are facing ourselves.
 
My brother Paul is doing extremely well after his triple bypass.  Everything about his surgery and recovery has been supernatural and led by God.  It's been incredible seeing this happen right before our eyes.  
 
We also had my stepmother here for the month, we visited different places, tried to show her around as much as we could while going through the whole family stress.  She is now back home and safe and sound, and routine is back in full swing here.
 
I have yet to start my fall decorations, I actually need to pull out the box in the closet and start pulling out all my pumpkins.
 
I have no read, or rather, have not finished the book I had started before she arrived.  I picked it back up two days ago and am loving being back into my reading routine.
 
I have had issues with my computer and email.  Why does Microsoft make everything so difficult?
 
Curt is back at work.
 
I am back to doing my daily steps and starting tomorrow back at the gym, something we didn't do for three weeks because the gym is only open to military, retirees and dependents and my stepmom couldn't go with us and we didn't feel right leaving her.
 
I did not do my daily workouts and am really feeling it.  I have managed to not put on weight thankfully, but also mainly because three weeks ago, Curt and I started going for morning walks at 7:30am with Kaia, and then bringing her home and going back out for a 2 mile run.  It's been amazing doing that together, unfortunately he is now back at work, which means those walks are over.  Bummer!!!
 
Nicholas is starting college on October 12th.  He has always wanted to go but we didn't have the means to until now.  He will be using the VA school benefits that Curt does not need anymore.  He is thrilled and will be attending a Christian college and taking some theology classes as well.
 
Jasmine is doing very well, she is thriving at work and is loving the new freedom she has after the ugly break up 3 months ago.
 
So there you have it, our month of September in a nutshell.  
 
At the moment, I have a load of laundry and one in the dryer.  I also have a pile of sheets, pillowcases and a duvet cover to be ironed, which will be done sometime this weekend. 
 
I hope you're having a blessed Friday, I certainly am enjoying my quiet cooler one.  The temperatures have been wonderful and we have also been blessed with rain showers.  
 
And with that, I am signing off, going to switch the laundry around, fold it, finish getting my steps in and actually doing a workout today.  
 
See you all later :) 

No comments: