Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My First Arizona Rain!!!!

Since we've been here I've seen the skies get a little cloudy and with the threat of rain, but never really got to witness it....until yesterday afternoon and man did it come pouring down.

It was 4:30pm and I had all the lights on in the house, it was THAT dark. It honestly felt good to see the rain after the awful heat we've been feeling. The picture above was taken from my front door, if you look closely you can see how powerful the wind was.

Curt came home about 20 minutes after the rain started and he was soaking wet, this is what happens when you work on the flight line with all the jets, if it rains you get soaked, if it snows you get frozen, if it's hot you get a bad sunburn.....poor guys. I already have a huge amount of respect for the troops but when you live on a base and deal with them day to day you get to see a whole new side to them and a whole other part of their job that shows just how much they sacrifice daily.

My wrist is still killing me and I think I've pushed myself into a corner because there's no way around getting the cysts removed, it's just not possible to keep going like this. It's painful, it throbs constantly and it's just nasty to look at. What's really keeping me from doing this is the fact that I won't be able to do much at all and with little ones it's not easy, but I know that the Lord will see me through this too, so no worries.

I don't have much to talk about today, I can't type a lot and I don't feel like sitting here doing a post with ONE finger, it will take forever LOL

So I'm leaving this one short and sweet and ending with one of my favorite songs right now....Avril Lavigne and "When You're Gone"....enjoy!

7 comments:

Mari said...

Looks like quite a storm. I really like the new picture of you!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I have to say - it's kind of weird to not see any grass! Looks like it was a good storm.

Hope you are able to get your wrist fixed without too much trouble. I wouldn't be looking forward to it either. I hate pain with a passion. (Said from a woman who has had both her children at home which equals less than no drugs ;)! The things we mothers do for our kids.)

-Andrea

Quiskaeya said...

Prayers and good thoughts for your wrist. I hope you can avoid surgery. However, if it's the only option, God will give you the strength to get through it. I'm in florida and for the past 2 weeks we have been getting thunderstorms every afternoon around 3-4pm. It looks just like that.

Annie said...

We've had lots of rain too!
I gave you an award today.

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to say hello :) Hope you are doing well.

Bridget

Anonymous said...

I pray that your wrist will be sorted poor Sandra. And rain, rain, rain, it does nothing but rain here in the UK.

Hugs.

Susanne said...

Ouch, praying that your wrist will feel better. You might just have to bite that bullet and get it fixed and be done with it, Sandra. It will feel better when it's all over.

The average person really does have no clue how hard those men and women work and what they endure. We should be very grateful.