Friday, August 03, 2007

It's Friday already?!?!?!?!


Michael W. Smith - Healing Rain

Morning everyone, I can't believe it's friday already, I feel like I've been on a never ending race this week, I'm tired and I still didn't accomplish all that I needed to get done.

I'm starting with one of my favorite songs "Healing Rain" by Michael W. Smith, isn't he just amazing??? He's actually going to be on tour in South Africa and my brother and sister in law are dying to go see him, I told him to go because it's worth it. Can't wait to hear about it :)


Last night I fixed the Rigatoni and Sausage for dinner, it was really good, the family loved it and the kids even had seconds.....now that is when you know you have a winner.


When I was at the library a week ago, I picked up this book called "Saving Dinner", it's from the Saving Dinner site and the Food For Thought Column at Flylady.net, who doesn't know the FlyLady??? The great thing about this book is that it's separated into the 4 seasons and has menus/shopping lists and recipes for every week. BUT it gets better because each week has one crockpot recipe.....how cool is that???

If you happen to see this book at your library or bookstore, be sure to pick it up, I think you'll enjoy it.

I still haven't made it out to your blogs, things have been hectic to say the least.

Two days ago we had another of the good Arizona rains, so much so that I walked into my laundry room only to realize I was splashing water........yeah, the water was coming in from the outside and flooding my laundry room. THEN my toilet in my bathroom started leaking....when it rains it pours right????

One of the great things about living on base is being able to just pick up the phone and call Housing Maintenance, having them come in and fix or replace whatever is needed and we don't pay a single thing. I love it.

Oh I have to tell you, I walk into the commissary the other day and almost threw a party, I was at the bakery and see Portuguese Bread Rolls....do you know HOW long it's been since I had one of these beauties???? I couldn't believe that they make them just like the original ones and every day. Guess where I go for my bread every morning???? LOL

Well ladies I have things to do, hopefully get caught up on everything soon so I can spend the afternoon visiting your blogs.....please stop posting for a while so I can catch up. LOL No???? Oh well, it was worth the try wasn't it???

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. God Bless,

11 comments:

Mari said...

I love Michael W Smith. I went to one of his concerts last year and it was great. On another note - you are lucky to be getting rain. Where I live in Michigan, it is extremely dry. We are way below average for the year and the farmers around us are in trouble. Healing Rain has extra meaning in this situation.

someone else said...

The Rigatoni looks yummy. I may have to try that one.

Jen said...

That dish looks wonderful. I will have to put it on my meal plan next time...and I'm going to the library to look for that book. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

just stopping by to say have a great weekend!
and I email ya too thru the email linked on this site. thanks tasha

Kelli said...

Hope you had a great day, Sandra! I'm never caught up on everything either!! LOL

Kelli

Susanne said...

You can send some of that rain up to Alberta. We sure can use some.

I'm so behind reading blogs too, that I just have to take it one day at a time. I don't think I'll ever catch up. :v)

Courtney said...

I also love Michael W Smith!
I have actually met him many times. He's from my home town (5 minutes from me now) His parents still live there. Actually across the stree from my parents. They are all wonderful people. We even got him to come sing at my graduation lol!
I hear ya with the rain. It's been hot as ever here with t-storms every evening. It's gettin real old!

Barb said...

Boy, I'll bet I'm not the only one out here who thinks Housing Maintenance would be a great little thing to have! That must have been some rainfall you got!

You sound like you're feeling better. :-)

Lulu said...

that looks so yummy..

Ladybug said...

I am going to go look for that book today...my library books are overdue anyway and they keep calling me to tell me to bring them back!! LOL

Karyzma said...

That rigatoni looks delish! And, I LOVE pasta! I also love living on base.... though it seems like a little Mulberry at times, the perks are wonderful!