Thursday, August 16, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!!!



Thank you to all the ladies who participate every week, I can't tell you how much I enjoy your recipes.

Here's mine for today, don't forget to leave a comment and your name on Mr Lin
ky so the rest of us can come save your recipes to try them out :)

Today's recipe is one which we really enjoy, I like making it on the weekends when we're not looking to have a sit down meal but just a light lunch or dinner.


PULLED JERK PORK SANDWICHES



2 1/2 lb pork boneless shoulder
1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning (dry)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 cup cola
2 cups barbecue sauce
8 sandwich buns or flour tortillas (8 to 10 inch)

1 - If pork comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Rub jerk seasoning over pork; sprinkle with thyme. Place pork in cooker. Spirnkle with onion. Pour cola over pork.

2 - Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.

3 - Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Remove juices from cooker and reserve. Remove netting or strings from pork. Use 2 forks to pull pork into shreds. Return pork to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved juices. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.

4 - Spoon pork onto buns. You can heat up the remaining juices in a pan and use it for dipping.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just been recently introduced to jerk seasoning and I really like it! Thanks for this recipe.

Anonymous said...

sandra,that sounds yummy i got to try that.

Mari said...

I've never used jerk seasoning, but I think now is the time. Sounds good!

Mrs.T said...

Sounds delicious, Sandra! Thanks for sharing... and hosting!

Have a wonderful week!

Annie said...

I'm hungry and this recipe sounds so good Sandra! Have a great Thursday!

Michelle said...

I think this recipe yours will be a keeper .Thanks for hosting this every week.Have a great day.

Michelle said...

I finally found a recipe :) Those pork sandwiches do sound good!

Renee said...

The pulled pork sandwiches sounds delicious! Thanks for hosting this meme.

Courtney said...

Oh gosh that sounds so good right now. I think I may have to change my whole menu for next week to fit this in! LOL!!

Eleisia said...

This pork sandwich sounds yummy. I will definitely prepare this for my crew.

This is my first Slow Cooking Thursday. Stacy and I are from Two Moms in a Blog/In the Kitchen
http://twomomsinablog.com/inthekitchen/

Sandra, thank you for hosting this meme.

Jen said...

I made something like this on Monday...yummy!

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing.


MJ