Thursday, October 13, 2011

{ Slow Cooking Thursday }


Good morning, hope you're all having a great week so far :)

Here is today's recipe:

Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Root Beer Pulled Pork

2 lb boneless pork roast
1 can of root beer (or 12 oz.)
1 barbecue bottle (18 oz.)

Put everything into the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
When ready, just shred the pork and serve on buns, or whatever bread you wish, we actually like it on sliced bread.

What I like doing is leaving some of the pork in chunks, so I don’t shred it all. Then I pile it on one half of the bread, then take the other half and dip lightly into the sauce in the slow cooker, now don’t DUNK it in there, just a quick, gentle dip, you just want to get that side of the bread nice and covered with the sauce.

This is SO good!

1 comment:

AshleyBeth said...

I wanted to let you know that this was the first thing I made in my new slow cooker this week. I loved it! I think it will be my only recipe from here on out for pulled pork! Thanks so much!