Saturday, March 22, 2014

Bird watching, Errand running and House cleaning!

Hello my friends, how are you doing today?

I can't believe it's already Saturday night, the past few days just seemed to have gone by at lightning speed.

First, I wanted to show you my fence, the one that got knocked down by the crazy winds last week. The rental company had someone come out and fix it on Friday, thank goodness because taking the pugs out to potty was becoming quite a chore. I had to get their harnesses and leashes on every single time and then take them both and they each want to run in different directions. Quite the sight I tell you.

Fence

So, I've been pretty busy today, this morning my hubby had to go to work for 2 hours, so I had my morning coffee, checked my email and blog, watched a few Vlogs and waited for him to return.

Once he was home, I quickly got dressed and ready for the day and then we both headed out for some errands, which included the thrift stores, the dollar tree and Walmart.  We also made a quick stop at McDonald's to pick up some lunch.  We're not big fans and it's not something we get very often, but once in a while we do enjoy a cheeseburger and fries.

Dollar Tree Haul

I went there for the cleaning products, which is what I usually do because they're cheaper than buying elsewhere. I picked up my ziploc bags, aluminum foil, some cinnamon bread and then one of those organizer trays for the drawers. You know the junk drawer that everyone seems to have in the kitchen? Well I'm sick of seeing it and I've tried to keep it organized but to no avail, so I think this organizer will work wonderfully.

Dollar Tree finds

I also picked up this cute little pink expandable file folder. I'm going to use it as my envelope system. Remember I mentioned a few posts ago about how I am determined to get my budgeting organized too? Well instead of just plain envelopes, I thought this would be cuter.  It has colored tab dividers which will be perfect for what I need.

I will show you all in detail once I get it set up, which I'm hoping to do tomorrow.

Thrift Store Haul

I didn't really find much I wanted, well aside from a beautiful credenza at my husband's thrift store, but I can't justify that expense at the moment, no matter how much I've wanted one for so many years.  We'll just wait and see, if it's still there by payday, I may just cave.

I did find a beautiful cake stand and lid which I'm thrilled with.  Tomorrow I'll bake a cake and place it in there, but I'm thinking cupcakes, brownies and so forth will look good in there too right?

Cake Platter

The only other thing I grabbed was another of the Taste of Home Cookbooks, I think from 2005, I'm not entirely sure on the date and I don't have it in front of me right now. But it's one I didn't have and for 50c I couldn't pass it up.

Walmart Haul

I had to pick up toilet paper and my hair dye, yes my hair colorist is Walmart.  Hahaha
I also picked up what I needed to make my Homemade Laundry Detergent.  I haven't had any for the past 8 months and I've missed it sooooo much.  I already used it today in my laundry and what a huge difference it makes.  If you've never tried it and would like to give it a go, I show you how to make it in this post.

Laundry Detergent

Prices have gone up since I first made it, and it now costs me about $25 to make it.  But, it lasts me about 6 months, so I think it's well worth it's cost.

I also picked up some of my new favorite snacks. They are much healthier than regular chips and I am getting my servings of veggies in. The best part though is that my kids LOVE them too and munch away happily on these Veggie Chips. Yum!

Favorite snack

So those were my hauls, just a few things.

I spent the rest of the day busy with housework, got all my laundry done except for one last load of towels which I will have to finish tomorrow.  I also got all my ironing done and the clothes put away.

I did a bit of tidying up and cleaning here and there, nothing major though because my Spring Cleaning is going to be done next week while the kids are on Spring Break.  Perfect time for it, I think because I won't have people in and out of the house constantly.

Tomorrow, I have quite a few things on my to do list, or rather on mine and hubby's list.

-  Move his computer and school books into the Office/Craft Room.  I want to set up an area for him up there where he has everything at his finger tips.  It will make his school work much easier and he will be where we all are instead of downstairs in the bedroom by himself.
-  Give the back yard a good cleaning, take bulk items to the dump.
-  Move shelf upstairs to the Office for the DVD's and school books.
-  Bake a cake or cupcakes, not sure which yet.
-  Work on the blogs, change a few things, put up a recipe, check on reviews etc.
-  Do some filing, paperwork.
-  If I have time, work on my envelope filing system.

So yeah, quite a few things that I'm hoping to get done.  In between these though, my hubby has to go to work at the commissary, it doesn't take too long but he does have to make a trip out there tomorrow.  I think I'll probably work on my own things while he's gone.

It's pretty late right now, 10:30pm and I'm quite tired.  My allergies have been just horrid lately so I took a little pink pill which will most likely knock me out here shortly, so I am guessing this is a good time to end this post.

I do leave you with some photos I took of the birds around my house, do hope you enjoy those.

Have a beautiful, restful, blessed Saturday night, or Sunday morning, whichever time you happen to stumble upon my post....and I will see you all back here tomorrow :)

Bird watching
Bird watching
More bird watching
Quail

5 comments:

Lulu said...

its always so good to see a post from you Sandra..
enjoy the day..

Wendi said...

Pretty cake stand. I might have to pull mine out and make something yummy.

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Love your birdie pictures! Oh how I love a cakestand! I have a beautiful one from my husbands grandmother...I think I need to pull it out now!

Reshma said...

A very well written post. and as always comes right from the heart..
Love to see your daily like blog posts , Wish you could do your daily blogging as earlier and let us into your daily life with your wonderful pictures..
looking forward to see your organized home..

Samuel Harry said...


Errand Runner For You is now serving Brisbane. we run Prescription, Grocery,Charitable donation drop-offs, Taking car in for repairs, Courier service, packaged mail, Organization – files etc. check when you're away. check our website for more info. Errand Runner Services For more available services.