Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Cleaning 2014 - Bathrooms and Office

Spring cleaning

Day 3 of my Spring Cleaning and it's coming along very well.  I apologize for not putting up the post yesterday, but I had the best of intentions to do my Bathrooms and Office cleaning yesterday, unfortunately some unexpected errands and appointments came up.

I was in and out of the house most of the day so had to put off the cleaning until today.

No worries though, I'm still going strong, and all that is really left to do are the bedrooms and the living room.

Let's get started, here is what was on my to do list:

  1. Clean windows and window sills.
  2. Shine mirror
  3. Wash walls, doors, trim and switch plates if
  4. needed. And door knobs too!
  5. Wash exterior of cabinets and vanities
  6. Clean sink, tub or shower, and toilet. Shine
  7. faucets.
  8. Dust floor registers and other vent covers.
  9. Sweep and wash floors.

Spring Cleaning

I guess it's not that bad, but definitely needed some spring cleaning.  I got right to work and it didn't take me much time to whip it into shape.

The laundry was thrown in the washer, the towels were all taken down and replaced with fresh clean ones.  (I change my towels out every 2 days, I just can't stand to see them in there for too long).

I did the usual cleaning that I do in the bathroom, toilet scrubbing, vanity wiped down, mirrors  shined.

The bath tub got a good cleaning too, my favorite thing to use in there are the magic erasers, they do wonders for soap scum.

I also washed down the walls and all the base boards, and swept and mopped the floor.

Spring Cleaning

Better :)

Spring Cleaning


Right???  :)

Next I did the downstairs bathroom and completely forgot to take photos.  But I did the same in that one, it's not really used much at all, so it wasn't very hard to give it a quick clean.

Spring Cleaning

Next, I moved on to the Office. Now I didn't need to do much in there because we just got it set up this weekend and had already been organizing and moving things around.

Spring Cleaning

But still, it needed some finishing up, some tidying up, and some things moved around.

Spring Cleaning

My husband's desk wasn't completely clean, there were still some books and things that needed to be put away.

I got everything in it's place, fixed my crochet pillows on my chair and dusted everything.

Spring Cleaning

Doesn't that look nice and clean?

There really isn't anything better than a clean and organized room, is there?

I do think that the reason it doesn't take so long is because I keep up with the cleaning and really do my best to stay on top of things. Every room gets some sort of cleaning on a daily basis, for example in the bathroom, I keep Lysol disinfectant wipes and every morning and night, after I brush my teeth, I give the sink a wipe. I also squeeze some of the Lysol toilet bowl cleaner into the bowl every night, and then in the morning I give it a quick scrub with the brush.

It's just some quick things I do but they help.

Tomorrow I am not sure if I'm doing the living room or the bedrooms, I'll have to decide in the morning. But there you go, 3 rooms done in one day is not bad :)

Hope you're all getting along well with your own Spring Cleaning, or if you haven't yet started, I hope these posts inspire or motivate you to get going.

14 comments:

Anna said...

I may have to try a magic eraser in the shower.

when I was pregnant with my oldest hubby worked on big trucks and would come home greasy every night. I couldn't stand the smell of cleaning products so I used SOS pads to scrub the tub every night. It worked :-)

Have a great day!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra!

I LOVE your blog and have been following it for some time now. As a fellow SAHM the fun and practical parts of your life really hit home with me. You really inspire me to think about starting my own blog. Please continue to share your life, tips, recipes etc.
Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

You're making a whole lot of progress this week! I wish I was as organized as you :)

Sherry

Susanne said...

You are just zipping right along! I love the way the house smells after this kind of deep cleaning!

Unknown said...

Neat and organized rooms are the best! An organized room lets you maximize the space you have, and also allows you to locate things easier. There's les mental noise brought on by actual clutter, so it really helps in the home living experience, and everyday experience in general.

Bo Tolbert @ HJS Supply

jade said...

Our One Time Cleaning is suitable for moving to a new home or spring cleaning before festive season. office cleaning


Lucy Andrews said...

Wow! Spring cleaning seems so easy for you. Well, anything will be easy if you are really dedicated and willing to do it. Hahaha! Your bathroom and office look so great. I can just imagine how happy you are with the success you had in spring cleaning. Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best to you!

Lucy Andrews @ Safe Clean Westminster

Gregory Snyder said...

You seem to be fully prepared when it comes to cleaning your house, with all the tools and supplies you got there. Those cleaning materials should be tailor made for all the areas that must be kept tidy. Anyway, that should be good news for both your bathroom and your office. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

Gregory Snyder @ Executive Image Indianapolis

Unknown said...

Thank you for your good service. our official and residential environment always will be fresh using commericial cleaning services. so use this services always keep fresh your environment.

geelongcommercialcleaners said...

Really good article. Thanks for taking the time to explain things in such great detail in a way that is easy to understand.
school cleaning geelong
furniture cleaning geelong
bedroom cleaning geelong
windows cleaning geelong

Alex Burke said...

I am getting ready to do a lot of cleaning in my home, since the holidays are right around the corner and my house has become the "party house". I am sure that following these instructions will have my home family and friend approved in no time. I too love the smell of a house after it has been deep cleaned and I am looking forward to the finished product.

Alex Burke @ ICA Supply

japscleaning said...

Very Awesome and useful blog post. must use this trick. office cleaning services Melbourne.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunshine House Cleaners said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.