Sunday, October 09, 2016

Sunday Meanderings


It is Sunday morning and I'm actually still in bed trying to get a relaxed and easy start to my day.

Last night before I fell asleep, I was laying in bed and as usual, my mind was racing with what I have to go today, numerous tasks and chores to be ready for the kids to come in tonight.   My Jasmine spent another week in Arkansas with her boyfriend and his family.  His grandma had some eye surgery done and my girl was there to help her.  They will be arriving back home tonight and we will get to spend tomorrow with Nick before he has to make the long drive back home again.

But as I sat there thinking about what all needed to be done, my mind also drifted into our current situation, wondering what was going to happen, what was to come, where we would be in a month or two or a year from now.

I tend to do that at times, to focus on the what if's and what's coming instead of concentrating on the what IS, and when this happens, is when I reel myself back into reality and remind myself to stop, breathe and be thankful.

But how can I be thankful when we're faced with such uncertainty?

It's very simple.  All the energy spent on the worry and fear, needs to shift to what I do have around me.

All the bills are paid.
I have a beautiful house in the country, a roof over my head, electricity, running water and gas.
My fridge is full.
My husband and children are healthy.
I have amazing family and friends who are constantly watching out for us.

So I'm thankful, for all of that and much more.




Today, I will step outside and enjoy the fresh air.  I will top and listen to the birds chirping above me.  I will wash my dishes by hand and enjoy the feeling of the warm water and the bubbles slipping through my fingers. 
I will do my housework with a smile on my face, because it means that I actually have a home to take care of.

Most importantly, I will thank the Lord for everything, including the rough patches we face, because they're all part of life and all incredible lessons we need to learn.  Here's the kicker, we may not think we need to learn a certain lesson, after all as humans we tend to think we know it all.......but when I'm hit again with a problem or an obstacle, it usually means God is reminding me that I got off track and I need to relearn or remember certain things.

I for one choose not to challenge His word, He knows what's best for me.

So thank you God, for everything, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart :)

8 comments:

Lulu said...

so happy to see a post from you on this sunday..
praying for you and your family sandra..

Nikita said...

I truly enjoy reading your posts. I often find myslef coming in and just looking to see if you have posted anything. They are a great encouragement!

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Wonderful post. I, too, have so much to be grateful for and have to remind myself of that. That is why one of my favourite verses is Jeremiah 29:11. I have to remember that God has plans for me that I cannot comprehend and may never understand this side of Heaven.

Simply Quaint said...

Wonderful to see you posting more.....can't wait to see how your crocheting is coming along.....how sweet of jasmine to help out I bet it was really appreciated.....

Blessings
Rhonda

Row. said...

Beautiful post Sandra. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Liz said...

You are such an amazing woman! Continued prayers for you and your family.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Catching up on your posts dear Friend! I love this one so much and you're so right about it all! It's funny that no matter what age we are or life experiences we've been through...God still needs to give us these reminders at times. ;)

Please know I'm continuing to pray for you all too. And as far as any recipes you share - I love it all! Feel free to keep any of that coming any time. You share such fun things in the food world!!
Blessings Hon. xoxo

Christal said...

God bless you, prayers for you with many hugs♡♡♡