Monday, April 24, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/24/2017 }


Good morning friends, hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.

Here we are yet again, another Monday that seemed to have come straight out of nowhere.  Is anyone else feeling like this year is flying at a turbo speed?  It needs to slow down, like seriously.

I'm going to get this post up pretty quick as I have my daughter's boyfriend visiting and need to get some breakfast going, so let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday :)




The weather:::
Beautiful weather, not much rain the past few days so it's been really nice.  We have a high of 82 predicted for today so that will be good and warm. 

On my reading pile:::
Diana Gabaldon's Lord John Series.  Still going through that one, I'm enjoying it but just wish that I found more time to read, it always seems like the moment I get that time, I am so tired that I read a few lines and fall right to sleep.


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I've been catching up on Once Upon a Time so every single spare moment I have, or while I cook, or clean or do dishes, I've been watching.  I've on Season 4, about halfway through. 


On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil
Fear Thy Neighbor
See no Evil
Murder comes to Town
Reasonable Doubt


On the menu for this week:::

Monday
Salisbury Steak and Rice, Salad
Tuesday
Asian BBQ Chicken Legs, Sesame Noodles  
Wednesday
Burgers on the Grill, Fries 
Thursday
Not sure, might be a leftover day.  My meals got all switched around this time so I don't know what I still have meat wise or what I'll be making. 
Friday 
*Grocery Shopping*  (New menu will kick in, I still haven't made it up yet though)  
Saturday
 
Sunday
 


On my to do list:::
Monday - Jasmine's boyfriend drove 7 hours last night to get here just to spend the day with her for her birthday, then has to drive right back and has work the next morning.  I offered to do his laundry for him to save him some time, so I'll be working on that today.
Tuesday - Rearranging my bedroom.  Going to switch the bed back to the other wall because with summer coming, the fan is right above and we don't get good air flow back in this side of the house. 
Wednesday - School work with kids
Thursday - Work on Menu Plan
Friday - Grocery Shopping, Base Pharmacy to get more Motrin for me, I'm completely out
Saturday - Yard work



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still working on the Nuts about Squares.  I have to make 2 more of Week 4 before Thursday, so I'll try to fit those in some time.  Here's the Week 4 Square, how neat is it?
 


Looking around the house:::
It's clean, I actually went on a cleaning rampage yesterday because I was feeling good and it was a gorgeous day.  Hubby worked on mowing the yards, back and front, all 3 acres, and I worked inside.              
 

From the camera:::
Beautiful flowers from my garden.  I just love bringing Spring inside :) 





What I'm wearing today:::
In my pjs at this moment, but as soon as this post is up, I'll be throwing on some jeans and a tank. 


One of my simple pleasures:::
Sitting in bed, early morning, with the curtains and windows open and listening to the birds chirping outside.  That's the only sound I hear and it's glorious.   


Bible verse, Devotional::: 

9 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Your crocheted square is beautiful! It has so many different textures and components to it. The flowers are lovely! It's summer-like where you are with the hot temperatures and gorgeous flowers.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I your inspirational this week! Gorgeous new square too. And yes this week is flying by! I cannot believe we're a quarter of the way through the "new" year already! Have a great week and a super HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jasmine!

Jodi said...

Oh how beautiful is that square!!! What an awesome boyfriend! Have a great week!!

Pamela said...

Love the color combination on the crochet square! Happy Birthday to Jasmine.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy birthday to Jasmine!! Love seeing the photos from your family gathering in the prior post too. She's such a lovely young woman. It sure does seems like time has flown! ::sigh::

Prayers for safe travels for her boyfriend. Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day ahead. And I love your spiritual inspiration today! xoox

Unknown said...

I know what you mean on finding time to read! I have been struggling with that too. By the end of the night I am always so tired! LOL

Gorgeous flowers! Love the color combo of your crochet square also.

That was very nice of Jasmine's boyfriend. I bet it made her day! Happy Birthday to her! I hope you all have a great week! :)

Jean said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Wow, that was super nice of her boyfriend. And yes, this year is going by super fast. I almost feel like I can't keep up with it. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I love the nuts about squares that you've been doing. The colors are so fresh together.
Thank you for listing Harvest Lane Cottage in your sidebar! I am honored.
Do enjoy your week,
Laura

Row. said...

Happy Birthday to you daughter. What a sweet boyfriend to drive all that way! Your square is beautiful, love all the detail and the colors. Hope you have a great day.