Monday, April 10, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/10/2017 }

Good morning everyone, how was your weekend?

Mine was, once again, busy.  Folks, I'm so ready for a relaxing quiet weekend of doing absolutely nothing.  I think I can count on one hand, how many of those I've had since moving to Texas.  Good grief.

Anyway, let's see what is going on this week.   




The weather:::
We've had wonderful warm spring/summer like weather, and I'm very much enjoying it.  There's some rain expected on Wednesday and Thursday but nothing too bad, at least for the moment they're not expecting anything bad, but in this State you never know.


On my reading pile:::
I actually started Diana Gabaldon's Lord John Series.  I wanted something along the lines of Outlander since I have to wait so long for the new season to come out.  I've heard very good things about this Lord John series, so hopefully I enjoy it.   


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I've been catching up on Reign, also tried to watch a few on the DVR list so I can clear that out.


On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil (if it's a new one)
Recorded the first part of the new Casey Anthony documentary that started last night.  I remember this case very well, I followed it closely, watched the trial and bawled my eyes out when she was found not guilty, so I'm interested in what this new documentary may show.


On the menu for this week:::

Monday
Hamburger Noodle Bake
Tuesday
Meatballs in Brown Gravy, Mashed Potatoes  
Wednesday
Olive Garden Minestrone Soup and Breadsticks
Thursday
Chicken with tomatoes and carrots, Rice, Butternut Squash
Friday 
*Grocery Shopping....new menu will kick in* 
Saturday

Sunday
Easter....Deviled Eggs, Honey Ham, Potato Bake, Vegetables, Fried Fish, Pickled Fish, Hot Cross Buns


On my to do list:::
Monday - Clean the house from yesterday's get together
Tuesday - Finally continuing with spring cleaning, Den.
Wednesday - Spring Clean Living Room
Thursday - Spring Clean Kitchen
Friday - Grocery Shopping, Running Errands
Saturday - Yard Work


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Plodding along with the Nuts About Squares blanket.  Have all 3 squares for the first week done, and the first square for the second week, have to make 2 more squares before Friday.


That's week one on the left and week 2 on the right.  I'm using blue, green and tan for the squares and grey for the outer 2 rows.




Looking around the house:::
Needs major picking up today, have all the remnants of yesterday's get together, just laying around.  Have tables to pick up, dishes to do, vacuuming etc.  Aside from that the rest of the house is clean.


From the camera:::
Nick's birthday is not until tomorrow, but yesterday was the day that some family could come up and see him, one of them being my mother in law who is battling breast cancer again and going through treatments.  I wasn't planning on doing anything this week but when I heard she would be able to come see us, I threw a really simple get together.  I needed to get a cake done and made my usual marshmallow fondant, but it didn't go very well, it wasn't smooth, it was lumpy and bumpy.  I wasn't too happy with it, but the cake still turned out ok.  Nick liked it and that is what matters :)



What I'm wearing today:::
It's pretty nice here today, should see a high temp of 76 and since I have cleaning and such to do, I will probably throw on some shorts and a tank. 


One of my simple pleasures:::
Having family over for a get together.  It is a lot of work, and I'm exhausted by the time everyone leaves, but I just love having people over. 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
John 19:30
30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.


11 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Your crocheted squares are so beautiful with the color of the yarn and textures of the multi-dimensional stitching. I had not heard about Casey Anthony. Looked her up. That's such a sad situation about her daughter; and maddening that she was found not guilty. It seemed pretty straight-forward what happened based on the limited reading I did this morning. Looks like a delicious week of food ahead!

Pamela said...

Looking forward to your review of the Lord John series. Have a great week!

Jodi said...

Love the squares! Happy early birthday to your son! Hope you have a great week!!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Loving the new crochet project - gorgeous. The cake turned out great from the pictures. Happy birthday Nick!

Have a great Easter week.

Jean said...

Sounds like you had a nice get-together, happy birthday to your son. I think your cake looks great! Hopefully you get a chance to relax very soon!

Lulu said...

praying for your mil...

Row. said...

Your Squares are beautiful! I loved how your MIL made a visit-Prayers sent.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I know what you mean about having family over. ;) Prayers sent to your MIL. And Happy bday to Nick!!

Love your crochet squares! Have a blessed Easter week ahead. xoxo

Unknown said...

Love your crochet squares! I love to crochet (but I am not very good at it haha). I just stick to really simple things for myself.

Happy Birthday to Nick! I have been a follower of your blog and remember pictures if him really small. Isnt it so crazy how fast time goes? My boys are growing so fast and my daughter is as well! It reminds me of that saying about motherhood: "The days may be long but the years are short".

Prayers to your MIL.

I know just what you mean on family gatherings. We have been having family over quite a bit and while it is exhausting (and leaves plenty to be done) it does leave my heart full and content. :)

I hope you and your family have a great week ahead! :)

Simply Quaint said...

Another wonderful post....beautiful crochet..your work is amazing....prayers to your MIL...bless her heart......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Nicholas......hope you have a wonderful day.....

Blessings
Rhonda

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sounds like a full week for you. Happy birthday to Nick too!