Monday, April 17, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/17/2017 }


Good morning, how are you all doing?

Well a new week is upon us, we are now halfway through April, already. What on earth?
I kind of want to go back to when I was a kid and the days would drag, but only because my kids are growing so fast and I want to slow it all down. But, alas, I can't do that.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend, mine was glorious, lots of family time, good food, and unfortunately a pulled back/neck muscle.  I swear it is always something with me, I can't remember the last time I woke up and was completely fine for the whole day.  Is this a *getting older* thing, cause good gravy, enough already LOL

Anyway, let's get going with our Happy Homemaker Monday for today, and I WILL be by later to see all of yours, I haven't had a chance lately but because I'm literally being forced to slow down and do nothing much all day, I'll be taking advantage of that to come by and say hi :)



The weather:::
Around 3 am we had the craziest storm/lightning/hail ever.  It came completely out of nowhere.  I won't say I didn't like it because truth be told, that's when I sleep the best, when it's pouring outside.  Looks like we'll be sitting with clouds most of the day and the possibility of  a little more rain later.  The rest of the week looks wonderful though with sunshine and upper 80's. 


On my reading pile:::
Diana Gabaldon's Lord John Series.  Also have an insane amount of books to review over the next few months, and when I say insane, I mean INSANE.  I think there's at least 10 coming my way, I'm excited.     


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
I've been absolutely obsessed with the ID Discovery channel and all the crime shows, I don't know why they fascinate me so much, I just find them very interesting to watch.  My TV has been tuned to that channel pretty much nonstop unless one of the kids is playing a game or hubby is watching one of his shows.




On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil
Fear Thy Neighbor
See no Evil
Murder comes to Town
Reasonable Doubt

This week I'll be trying to catch up on some shows I stopped watching a really long time ago as well as ones I'm currently watching, so here's the list:
 
Once Upon a Time Seasons 3 through the current one.
Game of Thrones Seasons 2 through the current one.


On the menu for this week:::

Monday
Cod Fish Lasagna (Making this one up as I go, trying something new)
Tuesday
Deep Dish Sausage Pizza  
Wednesday
Fettucine with Turkey Sausage, Foccaccia
Thursday
Spicy Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
Friday 
Roast Chicken,Potatoes and Butternut Squash 
Saturday
Jasmine's Birthday Party (Cake, Mini Sandwiches, Taco Ring, Chicken Ring, Frosted Cherry Drops)
Sunday
Asian BBQ Chicken Legs, Rice


On my to do list:::
Monday - I need to clean up from our Easter get together yesterday.  With my back hurt I don't know how much I'll do or should do, I need to not exacerbate it.
Vet Appointment with Marley - weigh in, getting more heartworm medicine and flea meds
Tuesday - Birthday shopping for my girl
Wednesday - School work with kids, trying to knock out as much as we can
Thursday -
Friday - Bake Cake and cookies for party
Saturday - Jasmine's 18th Birthday get together


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nuts About Squares is coming together nicely.  I have to make 2 more squares for week 3 sometime over the next few days.  Week 4 will be out on Thursday.



Looking around the house:::
Need to finish picking up the table from Easter meal, there's no food or dishes or anything, but I still have my tablecloth on there so have to put that away and get my usual decorations back on.


From the camera:::
Just a little photo I quickly snapped before Easter meal yesterday.  I need to get better about picking up my camera and recording all these memories, but I get so busy with hosting and cooking and talking and visiting that I often forget to grab the camera.




What I'm wearing today:::
Shorts and a tshirt.  


One of my simple pleasures:::
Picking flowers from my own yard.  The pretty yellow and purple flowers above were from my front yard, they definitely say Spring :) 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 


12 comments:

Pamela said...

Hard to believe Jasmine will be 18 already!

Jean said...

Hope your neck/back feels better soon. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter, I do know what you mean about forgetting to take pictures. I remembered to grab my camera yesterday but then had to sit it down to go help someone and somehow never picked it up again. Hope you have a wonderful week and your daughter has a great birthday get together!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

The hot cross buns you made look delicious! Your crocheted squares are so beautiful and detailed. You are very talented!

Row. said...

Oh no Sandra, I'm sorry to hear about your neck, I know how painful and frustrating that is. I hope it heals fast. you hot cross buns look amazing. and I love the colors in your squares!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Poor HOney! Hope you feel better soon!! ;)

I always sleep so well when it rains too. Why do you think that is? Just that pitter patter sound I guess.

It's good to just enjoy the moment too...I know what you mean and I didn't get shots of our dinner with family either.

Did you see the series The White Princess is starting (taking up where The White Queen left off)? Going to start watching that one now too!

Yay for your sweet Girl's bday coming up!! And I love how your squares are coming along. So pretty. ;)

Blessings on your week Sandra. xoxo

Unknown said...

Hope you get to feeling better. Do you have a hot water bottle or something to apply to help soothe the injury? It may sound old fashioned but I have an old time water bottle I picked up at CVS and it helps soothe my pulled muscles so much whenever I pull something. It was under ten dollars. I love it.

Happy Birthday to your little girl! Time sure flies by!

Sounds like you had a good Easter! I will be eagerly awaiting all your reviews coming up! I am looking for some great new reads!

Hope you and your family have a great week! :)

Shellie Almond said...

I am so sorry you have pulled a muscle! Praying for you...
I love The ID channel, honestly I am not sure why either lol... Hope your daughter has an amazing Birthday and you week is blessed as well!

Jodi said...

Hope your neck pain heals quickly!! I love, love LOVE your crochet squares!!! Have a great week!

Sherry Jolly said...

Funny you mentioned watching ID lately - I watched it for the first time in a long time - the Casey Anthony Documentary. I kept making my opinion known to my computer screen!!!! lol Happy birthday to Jasmine! We share the same birthday week <3

Simply Quaint said...

Good morning Sandra.....oh boy I know way to much about neck and back problems, it's my life.....I pray yours is healing......I know my only cure is my chiropractor....use ice on both 15 minutes on and then off periodically through the day, stretch, easily, try not to use heat, it causes swelling, it seems to make it feel good but actually it's just swelling it....believe me, I've been dealing with this for 10 years from a horrible fall......I hope it helps.....

Yourcweekend otherwise sounds like it was fun and busy.........didn't get to see any birthday boy pictures.....I bet has grown tremendously.......

Have a good day....feel better......

Blessings
Rhonda

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sorry about those pulled muscles. I would be happy with a day with out a headache and neck pain! LOL! Sounds like a very good week for you all. The crochet is awesome!

Pamela said...

Hi Sandra! Hope all is well, you've been very quiet this week.