Friday, July 07, 2006

EVERYDAY THINGS!!!



It's time for another "Everyday Things". Jules came up with this great feature every friday. It really makes us stop and think about something that brings us contentment in our everyday lives.

What brings me contentment? You may be expecting something huge, ground breaking news, but no, it's actually the sound of laughter coming from the living room. The laughter of my kids and daddy playing after he gets home from work. Is there anything better than that???

They do get loud, but in just that hour that they run around the house and wrestle on the ground, or play tag, it's the best time of the day for me. You hear laughs, you hear squeals of happiness and then you always hear some "I love you's" thrown in the mix. Either from the daddy or the kids, most times from both.



They bring me contentment and they remind me of how lucky I am, no matter how bad things may seem that day, the sound eminating from the living room, is enough to wash all the bad away.

For a list of other Everyday Participants, head on over to Jule's :)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I'd say that's a great "everyday thing!"

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great post - that IS a wonderful thing!

Beck said...

Beautiful! I love that, too.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

A very good everyday thing. Is it just me or does anyone else have this happen: crazy day with the kids- no one happy, satisfied, etc. but when daddy (the hero!) gets home it's as if nothing was ever wrong and he MUST be wondering why I am so frazzled and got nothing done all day!?

Susanne said...

Great everyday post! Something heartwarming about hearing small kids wrestling around with their Dad.

Glass Half Full said...

Yes - its more than just "the kids are out of my hair". I am so thankful that my boys' blood races when their dad comes thru the door. Is there anything better?

Tennessee Mama Duck said...

Don't ever take this for granted! It is rare that I get to witness this in the evening, since Papa has to work so late! I wish my little ones had it more often!

Malissa said...

super good blessings to count:)