Sunday, July 16, 2006

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!

If I hear these words again I am going to puke. Really, I'm going to loose it for good.

For the past two weeks, Nicholas has been on a Toy Story kick....and when I say that I don't mean just watching it once a day and being happy........I mean, watching Toy Story II, asking to watch it again once it's done, and then again, and then again, and then repeating the words they say.

I have nothing against the movie, it's actually my favorite kid's movie, both Toy Story 1 and 2, but there's only so much Woody, Buzz and "To Infinity and Beyond" a person can take, right? Please tell me I'm right and I'm not just being weird. Before if he would have walked up to me and sang "You've got a friend in me", I would have been all excited and happy, but now I am actually trying to tune it out, I just can't TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! LOL

I've been trying to watch what I eat, and by that I don't mean eating less I guess my body takes it as actually WATCHING and LOOKING at what I'm eating. It's disgusting, I'm absolutely annoyed with myself for all the stuff I'm putting into my body. What is wrong with me???
I always find something or someone else to blame too, I can never just admit that I was being a pig and eating stuff I shouldn't, it's always "Oh but the kids were eating it and it looked so good", or "No, really, I AM hungry".
Anyway when I went grocery shopping yesterday, I picked up some more Special K, I keep hearing how it's supposed to be great for weight management and they even have a plan.



Starting tomorrow I'm going to give this a try. It says I'm supposed to drop a Jean size in 2 weeks. I'm all for that, I'll give it a try. The reason I'm bringing this up is because if I do it alone I'm bound to push the cereal bowl aside and grab some junk food instead. BUT if I blog about it, I can have the motivation to do it, and besides if I don't follow the plan one day, you can all yell at me and get me back on track ok??? Deal???

While watching tv yesterday I saw a show that I hadn't noticed before......how could I have missed it?!?!?! It's called the "Take Home Chef" show. There's this really cute surfer-kind Aussie dude named Curtis who goes to the grocery store and picks anyone from there, usually the unsuspecting mom (hasn't been hit on in a while kinda thing) buying something for dinner. Then he takes her home to HER house, flirts with her a bit, they both have some wine and he cooks a gourmet meal for her and hubby. It's really very cute, I love his accent and he's hot (although at my age who knows what hot means right?).

But I've often wondered what my hubby would think, coming home from work at the end of the day and finding me holding a glass of wine, tipsy and giggly, with a surfer dude in the kitchen LOL
What do you think??? Think the hubby would be happy with that if he was offered a good meal??? Because for some reason, I just don't see my husband being that down with it (yes I used some slang, don't really know what it means, but anyway).
Me, I would be in dream land, a cute guy, good wine and FOOD.....did I mention the FOOD?!?!?

BTW, my husband just informed me that he would use his size 10 1/2 combat boots on some part of his anatomy, he won't tell me which, he's just mean like that. LOL Guess the "Take Home Chef" is NOT going to work in this house.
But I think I also just realized that my husband is NOT like me, he won't be bought for a good gourmet meal.....who knew?!?!?!

I hear Mount Laundry beckoning me, "Sandra, oh Sandra, we're here, we're queer dirty, and we're waiting". I have at least 2 loads to do, which means there will be 4 loads to put away tonight, yes, I haven't put away the previous 2 I did. Go ahead, shake your heads at me, all I have to say is that sometimes I like not worrying about laundry and just letting it go. It's not a long lasting feeling though because then I need something to wear and have to go dig through the baskets of clean, neatly folded laundry. I'm sure my stepmom is cringing just reading this LOL

I have this really cute ring binder thing from Barbara Johnson, it's filled with daily insights, so every morning I flip it to that days date and read the quote. She has the funniest things on there. This is one of them:

If women ran the world....
The hem of men's pants would go up or down depending on the economy.
Men who designed women's shoes would be forced to wear them.
Men would bring drinks, chips, and dip to women watching soap operas.
Men would sit around and wonder what we're thinking.
All toilet seats would be nailed down.


Isn't that just the funniest thing??? I personally like the drinks and chips with dip. lol

Well I better get out of here, want to ge my sunday started and get that laundry under way. I hope you're all staying out of this crazy heat. I'll be back tomorrow morning with more craziness from this house.

God Bless,

11 comments:

Jen said...

THAT SPECIAL K DIET WORKS FOR MEN AT LEAST. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A WOMEN SUCCEED ON IT. BUT...THAT SHOULD ONLY GIVE YOU NOTHING BUT CONFIDENCE THAT YOU WILL SUCCEED ON IT. I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF MEN LOOSE 20 POUNDS ON IT..BUT MEN CAN GAIN AND LOOSE ON A BLINK OF AN EYE. WOMEN JUST DEAL WITH IT. LOVED YOUR POST ON TOY STORY...MY DAUGHTER USED TO LOVE BARNEY SO MUCH SCOTT AND I MEMORIZED ALL LINES TO JUST ABOUT ALL SHOWS. NOW WITH MILLER WE ARE STARTING OVER. KEEP ME UP ON THE SPECIAL K I WILL HELP YOU ALONG THE WAY...THAT RHYMED.....JEN

Beck said...

I would love to lose 20 pounds, and yet I still can't bring myself to eat Special K - if you can do it, I'll give it a try too.
That Take Home Chef show sounds too funny. The husbands must get some advance warning!

Looney Mom™ said...

Yup... those kids and their favorites. How can they just keep on and on!?!

BTW, this whole "diet" thing is tripping me up lately. I just need to do what I know works and do it. Good luck. Have a great Sunday.

Kate O'Brien said...

Just wanted to post a comment and let you know I love your blog. We have a lot in common - I can relate to a lot of what you write. And you seem crafty too! I look forward to reading more. Do you mind if I put you on my favorites list on my blog?

mom of 2 said...

Love, the blog! I can totally relate to the Toy Story thing, except with my son it was the Wiggles. A little better than Barney, but annoying after days of it over and over again!!

I've never known anyone who did the Special K diet...keep us updated on that!!

As for mount laundry...I have one of my own. I've been working on it for over a week and it seems I can't get the whole thing done. Today I keep attempting to make a dent (I've actually been doing laundry all day), but the children are upstairs cleaning their rooms and they keep throwing down more dirty clothes. I'm not sure where it is all coming from, but it's impeding my progress! Good luck with yours!!

rena said...

When my kids were little, it was "American Tale" and "Land Before Time" that got watched dozens and dozens of times a week...they had all the songs and words memorized.
I've not seen that cooking show; sounds interesting. I've watched the Jamie Oliver one where he goes to Italy. When his wife showed up, I almost started crying. I'm such a baby.
Enjoyed your post. You always make me smile and laugh.

Laura said...

Hi, just popping in out of lurk town to say hello and tell you that I also love the Take Home Chef! Great show and yes he is definitely HOT! Love looking forward to your blog each day!

Toni Anderson said...

Oh--we do that with every movie!! Argh!!! They get over it. Eventually!! LOL at the surfer dude in the kitchen. I think my hubby might be happy with the meal :)

Christina said...

Oh boy do I know how you feel about the eating thing. I try to make my kids eat all good for you stuff and then I hide junk just for me. The other day my 8 year old said "so we aren't buying anymore junk cereal or eating much candy?" I said "that's right." He opened my drawer, dug through it, and held out a box of snowballs. You know the marshemllow stuff covering chocolate cake? Then he says "Guess you won't be needing these?" I think I might try the diet you are going to try. I like the Smart Start best and I think you can use that cereal also. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the diet! I'm so not one to follow any kind of eating plan lol

MaR said...

Tell me about results of the diet. I actually eat these Kellogg's ' All Bran every morning and I will be happy to loose 4-5 pounds. Hey, even 2 pounds would do it. But I am rather light weight, that's why it is hard for me...Happy day!