Monday, September 16, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/16/2013



The Weather:::
66 degrees this morning, it feels so good outside.  We've had lots of rain the past week, some low temps, and some cold mornings and evenings.  Here's what is ahead for the week....

 

Right now I am:
Enjoying a cup of Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee, sitting in my cozy pj's and thinking about what I have planned or on the to do list for today. 

Thinking:
About my life, about the big changes we've been going through and how I need to adapt.  It's not easy when your whole life takes another course, but it's up to us to make it through and push forward and not dwell on what was. 

On my reading pile:::
Freud's Mistress which I'm reviewing this afternoon on the blog.  Also have a few others on the list.  I've mostly been reading crochet and knitting patterns though. 

On my tv:::
Why is it that everything we want to watch on TV comes on so late in the night???  I can't keep my eyes open until 11pm waiting for something to start.
But anyway, this morning while everyone is asleep I plan on catching up on last night's Breaking Amish and whatever else I've been missing. 

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Chick Pea Tuna Salad
Tuesday - Roast Chicken and Potatoes
Wednesday -Crockpot Italian Sandwiches
Thursday - Chicken Fricassee with Spaghetti
Friday - Fish and Chips
Saturday -Portuguese Pepper Steak with Rice
Sunday -Chili Dogs

On my to do list:::
Laundry - one load to iron and put away
Homeschooling
Book review on blog
Pay electric bill
Take kids to Tae Kwon Do
Take niece to dancing

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
This weekend I made some easy quick knitted boot cuffs for winter.  I can't wait to wear them :)  Also started a pair of cute crochet slippers.  Have some crochet Halloween projects started that I'm hoping I'll be able to sell at the Harvest Festival in town. 

_MG_8615


Looking around the house:::
The kitchen is mostly clean, except for the small bowls in the sink from last night's dessert (Arroz Doce - Portuguese Rice Pudding).  Hubby is downstairs doing school work, my nephew Colby is on the couch playing on his laptop and the rest of the folks are all still fast asleep.
The living room needs some tidying up and I have to run the dishwasher shortly, but other than that I only need to give the house a quick sweeping and mopping and it's done :)

From the camera:::

_MG_8537



On my prayer list:::
My stepmom and dad.
My brother and sister in law for jobs.
My friend Jen.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. —Psalm 37:23

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Monday Sandra.

Love the boot cuffs!

Enjoy a wonderful week. :)

~Carla~ said...

Beautiful photo, Sandra! And those boot cuffs... ***LOVE***!! I'd love a pr. for my boots.. now to just learn how to knit/crochet! hahaha!

I'm sure your handmade creations will sell, you're so talented!! :)

Miss Ruthie Aileen said...

Sorry I am posting so late ladies. I got bogged down this morning with a slow internet connection and had to walk out the door for work before I could upload! Have a blessed week Sandra!

lndwhr said...

Make those boot cuffs to sell! I would love a pair!!

Conny said...

You used one of my favorite verses....
Lovin your boot cuffs too.

Susanne said...

Pumpkin Spice Coffee, mmm, yum!

Fave shows on late at night is precisely why I love our PVR! I rarely watch anything anymore at it's broadcast time. I watch it when it suits me. Love it.

Mycorner said...

I have been reading your blog for a year, but haven't had my own blog so that I can comment. Just started one today. Thanks for being an inspiration to a stay at home mum in australia. I hope to partake in your happy homemaker monday soon!