Monday, October 19, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/19/2015

Good morning friends, well, yep, another Monday.

I am absolutely knackered today, insomnia is something I've been struggling with the past year, I never had problems with it before, never had issues sleeping but now it seems that if I get woken up in the middle of the night for anything, I just can't go back to sleep.

2am this morning I woke up to go to the bathroom, and that was it. It is now 6:42am and I haven't been able to get shut eye again, I have given up and decided to just stay up for the rest of the day.  It's going to be a very long day......

HHM

The weather in my neck of the woods:
50 degrees right now and it's been pretty nice all week long, temperatures have cooled down a lot and we haven't even had to use the air conditioner, which is a huge plus because it gets so expensive during the summer.  We are going to get some rain, and some more sunshine this week.  Here's what it looks like.....  


Things that make me happy:
Reading a good book, finding a series I really enjoy and just shutting out real life and immersing myself into the story.


Book I'm reading:
Nora Roberts "The Dark Witch"


What's on my TV today:
New Downton Abbey episode 5
Vlogs on Youtube
Working through my DVR list


On the menu for dinner:
I really have no clue right now, I need to get some groceries but my husband just recently switched contractors and we are in that limbo phase, waiting for the new company to pay him and so far nothing.  I really need the money to come in so I can get groceries. I do have some chicken in the freezer so I'll probably do something with that.


On my To Do List:
  Laundry, small load to iron
Homeschooling with the kids


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
No new recipe but I did remake an old one just to try and get some new pics for the blog


In the craft basket:
Fall Scarf, still working on it


Looking forward to this week:
The rain, not even going to lie, the prospect of rain two days makes me very happy


Looking around the house:
It is so dark and quiet at the moment.  The kids are still asleep, hubby is at work and it's me and the pugs.  The sun is starting to rise though and it looks beautiful.  I need to tidy around the house a bit today, nothing major but just a bit here and there.  


My favorite blog post this week:
Did not get any blog reading done, but I do watch vlogs every day and I absolutely am in love with the SacconeJolys.  They are the sweetest couple ever and their little ones Emilia and Eduardo have got to be one of the most adorable kids on earth.  My word, they make me want to have more babies.  If you've never watched one of their vlogs, you simply don't know what you're missing out on.  


A newly discovered blog or youtube channel you would like to share with the readers:
One of my favorite vlogger channels is Donal Skehan.  If you've never heard of Donal, he is a young food writer from Dublin, and he always has some yummy recipes to share. 


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:
That if I can't stop thinking or wondering about something or someone, then it means that something is unresolved.  Lately I've been kind of struggling with the notion that no matter how hard I try with some people, they are either just not interested, or I may have to keep trying to break through the wall they have put up.
But when is enough enough?  How much can a person take before getting fed up and tired and just not care anymore, or should we push through those feelings and continue on waiting for the breakthrough?
I've been praying a lot the past week for God to show me exactly what I should be doing, whether it's time to accept the fact that this certain person just doesn't care and is not interested, or if what I'm doing is not falling on deaf ears but through perseverance will eventually bring them around.  I have no clue what the right answer is here, but I do know that God knows what it is, so I've put it in His hands.  


On my mind:
Many friends and family needing prayer at the moment.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:


4 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sorry sleep has been so evasive. I was having that problem and the Dr. suggested I try a combo of Melatonin and Magnesium supplements and things seem back to normal now. Love your inspiration and ironically I believe it s your answer to the questions in your Lesson learned section or as my aunt always said "PUSH, pray until something happens".

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Insomnia stinks - boo!! I hope that you can find a solution that works for you soon. I know there are a lot of natural solutions out there (vitamins, essential oils etc).

I think sometimes exercise at the right time of late day/early evening can make a person nice and tired out by night time. Also, sleep masks - ear plugs etc I think all of those kinds of things can help. Plus, I think having no stimulation (tv) an hour before bed helps your brain go to a calm sleepier state.

Prayers that what's troubling you will work out soon too. I hope you get your cozy rainy days to snuggle and bake something yummy. ;)
Blessing my Friend. xoxo

Joanna Unbehaun said...

That sun is stunning.
You're in my prayers, dear. I know that when things are bothering us, sleep doesn't come easy. Praying for as much rain as you need.
Have a beautiful week!

Amy at love made my home said...

Beautiful photo! I do believe that with some people you just have to let go, if you have tried and tried some more and it still isn't working you just have to let go. Be polite, but leave it at that. Sometime I too have struggled with an I imagine that many others have too. xx