Wednesday, April 18, 2018

{ San Diego Trip }

San Diego

What a wonderful weekend I had!!!

I didn't mention it last week because it was a surprise, and my niece sometimes reads the blog.

Her husband decided to throw her a surprise baby shower, and my sister in law and I, flew to San Diego on Friday night.  Well, I say flew on Friday night, but you have no idea the crazy day we had, everything that could go wrong did, but we pushed through and laughed it all off.



Matter of fact, I haven't laughed that much in many and I mean many years.  You know the kind of laugh where you cry and your stomach hurts?  That kind!

It really started with our flight getting cancelled on Friday night, after waiting at the airport for 4 and half hours to board.  Insane, but we were given $200 vouchers for future trips and booked on another flight the next morning, so it worked out.

San Diego

The surprise was wonderful, Tiffany was shocked and really not expecting us to be there, which was amazing.

It's surreal seeing her at 29 weeks pregnant and about to have her own baby girl.  Her mom and I loved every second of rubbing her belly and watching and feeling Evangeline (baby's name) kicking.  Makes me so excited for the day my own daughter is pregnant :)

San Diego

San Diego

San Diego

She is the cutest pregnant woman, ever.  I can't wait to see the baby, and yes, we will be going back down end of June or beginning of July to see baby girl.

San Diego

Aside from being there for the baby shower, I was so happy to be near the ocean again.  I have been missing the beach and the ocean, for a long time now.  I kept saying to my husband that this year we need to go on a summer vacation near the beach somewhere because I really need to see and smell the ocean.

When you are born and grow up near the water, you always get that yearning to return, and it had been 8 years since I last saw it.

San Diego

We spent Sunday driving around from beach to beach, had In N' Out for lunch (my fave ever), checked out a really cool cave and I was able to get some pretty pictures of my niece.

San Diego

San Diego

San Diego

San Diego

San Diego

I easily could have spent at least a week in San Diego, but it was a super quick trip.  We arrived Saturday and returned Monday morning.  It was worth it though, not just to surprise my niece and spend some quality time just us 3 girls, but also to be able to smell the fresh ocean air and watch the waves roll on in.

San Diego

One thing though, we ended up not sleeping at all from Sunday to Monday, and even though it is now Wednesday, my sister in law and I are STILL absolutely exhausted and feeling kind of out of it.  I don't know why, I am not sure if it's jet lag because it was only a 2 hour flight and two hour difference in time zone, but......good grief I'm tired LOL

I'm really looking forward to returning to San Diego in two months :)

Anyway, just wanted to share with you all a little bit of my weekend and show you some of the pictures I took.

Have a wonderful Wednesday night :)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

What a fun trip and I love the name Evangeline!

Susanne said...

Looks like a wonderful trip. Such lovely pictures.