Sunday, April 29, 2018

{ Weekend in Review - April 28 and 29 }

April 28 and 29, 2018

I have had the most wonderful, home staying, homemaking, pottering around weekend.

And those are my absolute faves, because they don't tend to happen too often, or as often as I would like them too.  Believe it or not, and I'm sure you agree, most weekends are just a run on of the busy weekdays, and you go here and there, do this and that, and blink your eyes only to groggily wake up on Monday morning.

April 28 and 29, 2018

April 28 and 29, 2018

Last week, I started a Sourdough Bread Starter.  I've tried many over the years, some I've had success with, others not so much, but my go to is always in the Amish cookbooks I have.  Fingers crossed this one works.

April 28 and 29, 2018

♥♥♥

I've spent a lot of my weekend homemaking, and yesterday I actually took you all along with me on Instagram.  Just snippets here and there of my day, and it seems to be very popular.  I've received so many messages thanking me and letting me know that they love the Day in the Life Instagram stories I put up.

April 28 and 29, 2018

Now I don't always do them, matter of fact I hadn't done one in a long time, but had received so many of those messages last week asking if I would be doing them every again, that I thought the weekend was the perfect time.

The amount of messages that I have been sent, letting me know that I motivate and inspire other women out there to enjoy and love being homemakers, is truly amazing.  I don't and have never blogged in any attempt to show something I'm not, or to convince anyone to do what I do.  But, it does bring me immense joy to know that so many of you out there enjoy seeing homemaking through my eyes.

April 28 and 29, 2018

April 28 and 29, 2018

Weekends are supposed to be lazy.  You're *supposed* to sleep in, and do nothing.  I guess I skipped that whole memo because weekends are pretty much the same for me as any other day, aside from the fact that my husband is home and we do more things as a family.

Whether it be Monday or Saturday, I get up around the same time.  Maybe I sleep in about 30 minutes, but by 6:30AM I am up and starting my day.

By the time the clock struck 10AM on Saturday morning, I had done 2 loads of laundry and hung them up to dry, did all the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, stripped the bath tubs, sprayed them down, removed all the curtains, bath mats and bath rugs and threw them in the wash, and gave the bathrooms a really good deep clean.

I vacuumed, I dusted, I watered plants, I fixed lunch, I ironed and did yard work.

♥♥♥

I was exhausted by the time dinner was finished, and just wanted a bath and bed with a good book.  That is exactly what I did.

Here's the thing though, exhausted in a good way.  In a productive, beautiful, loved every minute, kind of way and that is the kind of weekend that I truly enjoy.

April 28 and 29, 2018

♥♥♥

As Sunday rolled around, I went in with the thought that I had absolutely nothing to do, nothing to clean or wash and the whole day was before me.  An empty blank page, waiting for me to fill it with whatever my heart desired.

But I'm not one to sit idly and do nothing.  It makes me antsy.  I can't sit on the couch and just watch something for hours on end.

And so I did a load of laundry which consisted of couch blankets and some tablecloths, hung them out to dry and then planted two more trays of herbs and veggies.  From my previous one that was doing so well, only 1 survived.  I don't know why, I'm not sure what happened, but hey ho, we move on and try again.

April 28 and 29, 2018

♥♥♥

I usually don't cook on Sundays and if I do, it's always dinner because lunch tends to be whatever we have on hand, or whatever whoever feels like.

Today though, I decided that I really wanted some good comfort homemade food for lunch, and so, I cooked, and I cooked what would have been dinner, for lunch.  A Husband's Delight, which really should be called a Family's Delight because it's that yummy.  Everyone ate, and everyone went back throughout the day for more, I'm actually about to go grab another bowl for my a late dinner for me.  I haven't eaten since 12:30 and it's now 6:30PM.

April 28 and 29, 2018

♥♥♥

I've started a new book for review.  How pretty is that cover?

Speaking of books, I have so many coming up for my Summer Reading List, I'll share them with you this week, or at least, most of what I'll be reading within the next 4 months.


♥♥♥

I've been trying to watch this movie all day, but get distracted and keep stopping and doing other things, so I've stopped it completely, and am about to get my dinner and finally sit down to watch it.....uninterrupted.  Yes, that will be a good thing.

Weekends don't have to mean busy, they don't have to mean going out and spending money and having to absolutely get out of the house.

You can have a great relaxing, and soul recharging weekend, right within your 4 walls, and for me, that is one of the best things in the world.  I'm a homebody, always have been and I am pretty certain I always will be :)

Have a beautiful rest of the weekend, my friends!!!

1 comment:

Simply Quaint said...

Just love all your post.....what a wonderful weekend, just my kind of weekend.....trying to follow on Instagram can you share your link......

Blessings
Rhonda