Sunday, May 12, 2019

{ Happy Mother's Day }

2010_05090225

Twenty years ago, I joined the mother's club.

The Lord had seen fit to give me the responsibility of birthing and raising two human beings, two little lives that I would guide through life, love and nurture.

I am incredibly blessed with the two children that I have.  I often look at old photos like these and I miss the times when they were little and needed me more, or rather, needed me differently, because even though they are now 20 and 16, they still need me in different ways and I'm only too happy to be here for whatever that may be.



2010_05090057

The family I have is something that I treasure so deeply, and so strongly.  I wouldn't have been able to have picked a better fit for me, but the Lord knew exactly what I needed and gifted me these beautiful human beings.

2010_05090223

Today as we celebrate yet another mother's day, unfortunately my daughter has to work, so I won't have her with me, and my Nicholas is 16 and not exactly into hanging out with mommy anymore, but knowing they both love me unconditionally, is more than I could ask for.

So I'm taking the day for myself, Curt and I are dropping Jasmine off at work and then we are driving around a little, just stopping in at random stores, not buying anything, just window shopping.

The rest of the afternoon I will no doubt spend either crocheting, reading or watching some tv, I'm not quite sure yet.

Dinner is not my responsibility today since the boys have stated they will take care of it.

It's not a super exciting day, but then mother's day never is for me, I much prefer to stay home with my kids than go out and do things.

I wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day and I hope you spend it with your beautiful blessings.

Mother's Day 2006
Mother's Day 2007
Mother's Day 2009
Mother's Day 2010
Mother's Day 2014



1 comment:

Monique G. said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you had a wonderful, relaxing day.