Saturday, January 11, 2020

{ A warm fire, some beef stew and a super cold day }

_MG_7163

That snow we were supposed to have?  Well, this is what we got.  A few patches of white here and there, nothing to write home about.

But the cold?  Goodness, was it cold today.

_MG_7165

_MG_7166

_MG_7167

Early morning, a fire was started and it's been stoked all day long, keeping the house warm.

_MG_7168

Jasmine was off work today and Curt has been feeling a bit congested, so we stayed in, locked the doors and kept warm. 

We've always been a family that enjoys going out and having fun, but also love just staying in and doing our own thing.  We are quite happy being homebodies, and some people don't understand that, wonder how we can spend a whole weekend inside, what do we do, don't we get bored?

Honestly?  No we don't, we either do things together like watch movies or play card or board games, or we are also quite content each doing their own thing.  It's quite a freeing feeling when you realize that you are quite alright being on your own.

_MG_7170

It's days like these that I rely on my slow cooker to make our dinner, it frees me up to do whatever I wish and still put on the table, a delicious home cooked meal.

_MG_7171

Beef stew is one of our favorites, and served with some warm home made bread is even better.

And so that was our Saturday, a quiet, indoor, out of the cold, sit by the fire and enjoy a big bowl of steaming beef stew, kind of day.

I treasure these simple days!

4 comments:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

That looks delicious! I love to stay home by the fire, too. I am happy reading, cooking, knitting, and doing housework. It saves money, too.

Mrs.T said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Perfect, really, with a fire, cozy activities, and beef stew. I'm with you, I use my slow cooker a lot even when I will be home all day. I can then craft or clean or whatever I want to do while supper cooks itself!

It was unusually warm here in New Hampshire today. In the high fifties! It is strange for January but we will take it.

Jen said...

I’m a homebody too. I could stay curled up on the couch watching movies sipping tea all day long. Have a great day,

Susanne said...

I love crockpot meals on cold days. It's -9*F with a "feels like" temp of -27*F! Brrr! We stayed in all day too and it was wonderful. We watched a couple more episodes of "The Chosen", read a lot of book and drank some lovely tea. Some of us even had a nap.