Monday, July 06, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/06/2020 }

Good morning friends, how is your long weekend going?

Mine is going pretty well.  It's been a quiet one, as it always seems to be.  We didn't do anything for the 4th.  We usually have a family get together, but this year it just didn't work out because of various reasons.  The pandemic being oen of the biggest since many can't travel or get together with others.

Yesterday we had church and it was wonderful as always.

Curt and Jasmine are off work today, so we are going to take it very easy today, relax and later this afternoon, we are sitting down as a family and watching a movie, it's something that we haven't done in a while.

I wish you all a blessed week ahead, may God bless you and keep you safe.




♥♥The Weather♥♥
We've been hitting triple digits and I can't handle the heat.  I used to love hot weather, but as I've moved into Perimenopause, it's just a huge nope.  Expecting some storms today and I am looking forward to not only the rain that I love, but it cooling things down a bit. 

Monday - Thunderstorms,  88
Tuesday - Partly cloudy,  90
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 98
Thursday -  Sunny, 100
Friday - Mostly sunny, 102
Saturday -  Sunny,  106
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 94


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Feeling good.  This past month of June has been a total life changer for me, so much has gone on, it's brought me down to a dark place, but God used that to teach me some valuable lessons and to restore my soul.  I am so thankful for that.              


♥♥On my mind♥♥
We need to clean out our pool and refill it again.  I think I mentioned that our pool pump stopped working and before we knew it we had a swamp green pool.  So gross.  We've emptied it, have moved it to a different location and today need to scrub it down, and start refilling it.  So I'm thinking about how much work we have to do on that.               


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
Only coffee at the moment, with some Caramel creamer.    


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Have gotten in a couple of new books for review:

Say Yes to What's Next
The Doctor of Aleppo
Loving Well in a Broken World

My bible, I have read through Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus and will be starting Numbers today.  So proud of myself, it's a huge accomplishment for me.     


♥♥On my tv♥♥
Sid Roth's It's Supernatural
Homemaking vlogs
Gardening vlogs
The Chosen


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥
Will be making a new meal plan sometime this week.  Meals are planned until Friday, that's when I will be grocery shopping.

Monday - Wingers Sticky Chicken Fingers, Mashed Potatoes
Tuesday - Homemade Potato Gnocchi with Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread
Wednesday - Bacon Carbonara
Thursday - Chicken in Cream Sauce, Butter Rice
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday


♥♥From the camera♥♥
I have renewed my love for crochet, and recently while praying and asking God for direction and clarity, one thing that was huge loudly coming through, was my crochet.  I have never been one to want to sell it.  I always felt bad about charging anyone for anything, but I also now realize that I could be making some extra money for our home, doing something that I love.

With that in mind, I have decided to go ahead and sell what I make.  It's all still very confusing and I am not sure about the logistics of it all.  I won't be using Etsy or anything like that, I will just use my blog and Instagram account to post what I make.  I still have to figure it all out, but one thing I've been making are crochet placemats.  I'm building a stash that I can then post for sale.  If that's something you would be interested in, keep an eye out.

Also will be selling some of the crochet blankets I already made, and making new ones.  

  

♥♥Looking around the house♥♥

It is quiet, for now.  Both kids are still asleep, Curt is in the office with Marley, and I'm sitting in the dining room working on this post while dealing with a very hyper active kitten.  Please tell me they get over this craziness?          


♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
Cleaning the pool.  It's not even the chore of cleaning it in itself, but it's being out there in the heat.   


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥

Hopefully swim, though I keep saying that but yeah, hopefully.  I will be working on more crochet as well as reading.                             


♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
****  Our situation is in God's hands.  We have both completely let it go and are just trusting God's plan and His timing.  It will be whatever it is meant to be.  However, his meeting for the 13th got moved up to last week, then when he went in, it got postponed to the 29th.  God knows what He is doing and I am actually laughing my way through this.  I truly believe that He is in control, and if He felt led to postpone that meeting, it will be for a good reason.  Still, I ask that you say a little prayer for us, if you wish.
****  My friend Renee lost her oldest son a few days ago.  He was only in his early twenties and had diabetes, contracted Covid and unfortunately passed away.  Please keep her in your prayers.
****  My niece Tiffany was in an accident on Saturday, along with her husband, her little two year old Eva and their two dogs.  They were up in the mountains driving around and their truck rolled into a ditch.  Thankfully everyone is ok, she did break a finger and Steven hurt his ankle, but not a single scratch or bruise is on Eva, thank the Lord.  Praying for healing for them, as well as help with a new vehicle since their truck was totaled.
****  Our country, the President.
****  Our police men and women, first responders and military.
****  For America as a whole. I pray the Lord heal our nation, open the eyes of the people to the evil that is running rampant and keep us all safe.


10 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sorry to hear about the pool, especially with the triple digit heat! I hope you get it up and going today in time for a refreshing dip! I love that you are feeling better and crocheting again. It will work out when you begin to sell - you have such pretty colors and designs. Keeping you all in my prayers as Curt's situation progresses. Have a WONDERFUL week.

Luludou said...

Enjoy your long weekend. I love to crochet too but have never sold either. Thinking of your friend Renée and of your niece's family. Have a great week

Martha said...

I love your beautiful crochet. Good luck with the pool. Have a great week! :)

Jodi said...

Ugh the green, slimy mess no fun!! Yay for renewed passion for a hobby!! Good luck with the selling!! Stay cool this week!! Happy Monday!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Cleaning the pool not fun, but enjoying it afterwards is. Hoping everything turns out well for you and your family. Have a good week.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

How I miss going to our church - do you have church at home?

Carol said...

Thank goodness your niece and her family are OK! That must have been terrifying. Wishing you the best with selling your crochet items. Your work is beautiful, I'm sure the items will be sought after! Have a nice week!

Monique G. said...

We used to have a pool at my father in laws house and it always seemed to have something go wrong. Even with all the work, I still miss it. Praying for your family!
Hope you have a great week!

Linda said...

Sandra, I really enjoy reading your blog. I'll be praying for your family. Thank you for literally years of encouragement.

Jean said...

Hope you get your pool fixed, this is definitely pool weather! So sorry for your friend's loss. Hope you have a wonderful week!