Monday, July 13, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/13/2020 }

Good morning friends, and a very Happy Monday to you all.

I am taking today to relax, do absolutely nothing.  I was on my feet all day yesterday, giving the house a good clean and then had family over for dinner last night.  My lower back is killing me today, it's been a long time since it's hurt like this which means, I overdid it.

Isn't it weird when you think you can still do all the things you've always done, but then your body reminds you that you are not as young as you once were?  Hahaha

Anyway, let's see what we have going on in our happy homes.

Have a blessed week everyone :)




♥♥The Weather♥♥
It's been so gross, so so so gross and hot.  Friday 114.  It's like being back in Arizona all over again.  More triple digit weather incoming this week.  Y'all I am not ready for this.   

Monday - Partly cloudy, 105
Tuesday - Partly cloudy,  106
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 101
Thursday -  Partly cloudy, 99
Friday - Sunny, 98
Saturday -  Sunny,  98
Sunday - Sunny, 98


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Sore, my lower back is really bothering me.  I'm thankful for a clean house which means I can take the day off.                


♥♥On my mind♥♥
Honestly, not much of anything this morning.  I'm just going with the flow and letting life happen.                 


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
Having a cup of coffee right now with White Mocha Creamer.      


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
I am now in the book of Joshua in the Bible.  Been really enjoying reading through the books of the Old Testament.

Also, a few review books are on the shelf.

Say Yes to What's Next
The Doctor of Aleppo
Loving Well in a Broken World


♥♥On my tv♥♥
Sid Roth's It's Supernatural
Homemaking vlogs
Gardening vlogs
The Chosen
Crime Documentaries


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥


Monday - Cajun Alfredo Pasta, Garlic Bread
Tuesday - Carne con Ejotes (Pork with Green Beans), Rice, Beans
Wednesday - Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers, Fries
Thursday - Smoked Sausage and Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Friday - Hot Subs, Potato Salad
Saturday - Breaded Ranch Chicken, Cilantro Lime Rice
Sunday -  Pasta with Vodka Sauce, Salad


♥♥From the camera♥♥
My avocado plant.  




♥♥Looking around the house♥♥

Curt is in the office, he is teleworking from home.  Kids are both still asleep, Jasmine is off work today so no need to rush off in the morning.  The dog and the cat are both still sleeping, and I'm sitting on my bed listening to my morning prayers on TV and typing up this post.
It is cloudy outside so the house seems dark where usually, it would be nice and bright already.            


♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
Don't think I have a chore that I'm dreading this week.  The pool is clean and ready to be used again so I don't have to worry about that.     


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥

Definitely have a swim, crochet, read, the usual I do when I'm able to relax.       


♥♥Something I want to share♥♥
Yesterday's Elevation sermon was so good, but so incredibly good that I just have to share with you all.  Pastor Dharius Daniels delivered one of the best sermons I have ever heard.  It was called "I didn't see that coming".  It applies fully to the situation Curt and I are in at the moment, and I'm sure it also will apply to many of you out there, whether in this season of the pandemic or any other situation you are facing in your life at the moment.




♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
****  Our situation is in God's hands.  I am believing, claiming and receiving a breakthrough this month.
****  Our country, the President.
****  Our police men and women, first responders and military.

7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

So sorry to hear you over did it, but you are so right about how our minds still make us to do lists that our bodies have trouble keeping up with! Take care and have a great week.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

A day to relax sounds like what you need, my friend! Have a beautiful week!

Stephanie said...

I just listened to that whole sermon and loved every minute of it ❤

Jean said...

Hope your back feels better and you get some time to enjoy your clean pool this week. Have a wonderful week!

Martha said...

Hope your back feels better soon, at least you can relax a bit today. Have a great week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Monday Sweetie! I hope your back feels better soon. I so get the overdoing! Thank you for sharing sermon. I hope you have a blessed week ahead. 💜

The Story-Teller said...

I so would love to know the process of lplanting and cultivating an avocado seed/pit