Monday, July 27, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/22/2020 }

Good morning dear friends, hope you've all had a wonderful relaxing weekend.

I could have had a longer weekend, to be honest.  Why does it seem that the days fly right on by, you blink and they're gone?  But, anyway, here we are Monday morning and the beginning of a brand new week before us.

I want to ask you please to send a quick prayer up for us, for Curt especially.  Today at 1pm he has his final meeting with the new commander.  A decision will be made about his future whether he remains in this job that he loves, or whether he is let go.  We are confident in God's provision, no matter what the outcome.

One thing is for sure, after two months of this desert, we are so thankful to finally be moving forward one way, or the other.

I wish you all a blessed week ahead, may the Lord keep you and protect you, not only from this virus but from any attack the enemy may be trying to form against you.

Now, let's see what we have going on in our Happy Homemaker Monday posts.




♥♥The Weather♥♥
Thankfully not too hot this past week, and looks like a bit of a cooler week again.  I'm happy for that. 

Monday - Sunshine and clouds, 94
Tuesday - Scattered Thunderstorms,87
Wednesday - AM Thunderstorms,93
Thursday -  Mostly sunny, 97
Friday - Partly cloudy, 90
Saturday -  Mostly Sunny,  89
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 91


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
I am ok.  I've mentioned my crazy perimenopause symptoms and they are still going on.  I've now upgraded from just night sweats to hot flashes and oh my word, hearing about them is one thing, actually feeling them????  A big NO from me.  Hahahah                     


♥♥On my mind♥♥
Not going to lie, our situation outcome today.  Much as you trust in God, you can't help but think about it, it's just our human way.  I will be so glad when we can move on and not be in this limbo of not knowing.                     


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
Just had some coffee with Peppermint Mocha.          


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
I am now in the second book of Samuel in my Bible.  Finished Say Yes to What's Next.   Aside from the review books I have down below, I also pulled out one from my shelf which I want to reread.  I have had it for maybe 15 years or so?  It is The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian

The Doctor of Aleppo
Loving Well in a Broken World


♥♥On my tv♥♥
You're probably sick of seeing the same list posted here, and I wish I was coming in this morning with a super cool and fun new list, but alas, nothing has really changed.  Sorry. 

Sid Roth's It's Supernatural
Homemaking vlogs

The Chosen
Crime Documentaries



♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

Cooking very simple meals.  I am cutting back on my grocery budget and trying not to spend too much money, also making sure to cook from the freezer and pantry when I can.  I will mention down below how I am using freezer meals or leftovers in those meals.

I am also restarting my Weekly Meal videos on Youtube, so if you haven't yet subscribed to my channel, go on over and give me a like, I would very much appreciate it :)

Monday - Chili, Tortilla Chips or Rice (Had a big batch of leftover Bean stew in the freezer, so used that, plus added in some hot sausage and some other seasonings)
Tuesday - Grilled Burritos, Cilantro Lime Rice  (Leftover Chili from night before will be used)
Wednesday - Sausage Cottage Pie, Sauteed Zucchini (Zucchini from the garden)
Thursday - Pepperoni Pizzaz, Garlic Bread, Salad
Friday -  Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
Saturday - Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake
Sunday - Quesadillas, Guacamole, Chips and Salsa


♥♥From the camera♥♥
Can't wait to get into this one.      




♥♥Looking around the house♥♥

House is quiet but for the hum of the air conditioner going.  Curt is working in his office and getting ready for his meeting.
Jasmine is asleep but will be up shortly for work, and Nick is awake but laying in bed.
I'm thankful for older kids, because the house stays clean for the most part, which means Mondays are no longer a tornado looking zone when I get up.   


♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
Not a particular chore that I am not looking forward to inside the house, although, I have a lot of weeds that need pulling in the garden and that is definitely not a chore I look forward to.


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Reading, crocheting, rinse and repeat.  I have also restarted my Youtube Channel back up and am thinking of even doing some vlogs in August.  Not sure how that will go, but we will see.  I think it will be a good hobby for me, something fun and something to keep me entertained. 
I did add a grocery haul on Friday, and yesterday I put up a little Channel Trailer too.


♥♥Something I want to share♥♥
Ok so this is a pretty neat video for those of us who love reading and love Bibles.  I used to find my Bible quite intimidating, truthfully I still do at times, but that is a whole subject for another day.
Anyway, Cat Woods has a myriad of stunning Bibles she uses for her study time etc.  In this video she shows us some of those and also talks about how her Bible transformed her. 




♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
****  For my husband.  I pray that the Lord allow him to keep the job that he so loves, but if it is not His will, then I pray for peace and understanding for my husband.  Ultimately for God's will to be done that's it.   
****  The President, Vice President and everyone in the administration.
****  Our police men and women, first responders and military.
****  I pray for healing for this nation, I pray the veil is lifted from people's eyes, that they turn to God that they stop the violence and senseless killing and destroying of property.  


10 comments:

Theresa said...

Praying for your situation now. May you feel peace that passes all understanding through this time.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Keeping you and Curt, especially in my prayers today! As you said it is only human to worry, but God works in mysterious ways and I pray the outcome sheds light on those ways and brings you both some peace and comfort in the decision. My Bibles look nothing like Cat Woods, but I do highlight and jot notes, anecdotes, examples etc... in the margins. I LOVE how well used and loved she makes hers. Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

My friend, I've been in prayer for your situation!!! I pray that it will all work out to glorify God. Much love to you this week!

Anonymous said...

Thinking good thoughts for you today, you guys totally deserve this, prayers

Luludou said...

Hoping all works out for the best for your husband. Off to watch your youtube channel :) Have a great week

The Story-Teller said...

I loved that book I had to read it for a college class. And I love the video too!!

Tracy dixon said...

I have that same book, The Excellent Wife that I have got to start reading after I get done with another one.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I just read your prayer request for Curt, and am praying for this situation for he and your family.

Oh my, 'hot flashes' are horrible!!! It's been many years ago for me now, but I remember them well.

Enjoy your week there in your lovely home ~ FlowerLady

Jean said...

Praying you heard good news this week. Sorry I'm so late. Hope you're having a great one!

Billy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.