Monday, November 09, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/09/2020 }

Good morning sweet friends, and a very happy Monday.I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.  As usual, mine was good but quite a busy one, so I feel like I didn't really get much rest as we were running back and forth.
 
However,  Jasmine is off work today, so I get to relax.  
 
But before I do, I need to get this post up and then rush out the door to go pick up some medication at the base pharmacy.  Not something I enjoy doing, it takes so long and there are so many people.  But, it needs to be done, so I'll just suck it up and get in there.
 
Hope you all have a blessed week ahead!


 
The weather outside is::::
It is currently 38 degrees, so pretty chilly out there.  

Monday - 77
Tuesday - 68
Wednesday - 71
Thursday - 73
Friday - 76
Saturday - 77
Sunday - 68


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
I've just had my usual cup of coffee.  I'm not sure if I will eat anything before I head to base.  Might just eat later. 

 
As I look outside my window::::
The sun is rising in this glorious pink and gold color.  The birds are singing and there is a light breeze coming in through the window.  It is like a scene from a movie depicting the perfect Fall morning. 


As I look around the house::::
My carpets need to be done.  I immensely dislike carpet cleaning, it takes forever, and I feel like it doesn't last long at all.  But yes, those need doing, and the dining area needs tidying up because Elliott was playing with his toys and they are are all over the floor.

 
What I'm wearing today::::
Jeans, maroon shirt with the words Blessed Mama, and some Keds. 

 
To do today or this week::::
Tidying up around the house.  
Pick up meds from pharmacy.
Lunch in Lawton for mom's birthday. 


Currently reading::::
Almost done with Proverbs in the Bible.
A Divine Revelation of Heaven and Hell
Got a ton of books at the thrift stores this weekend.  I love spending a dollar or two and walking out with a stack.

 
On the TV for this week::::
My Portuguese soap "Bem me Quer"
Vlogs on Youtube
The Secret Garden (2020 version)
The Spanish Queen Season 2
 
 
On the menu this week::::
 
Monday - Navajo tacos, cilantro rice
Tuesday - Chicken Strogonoff, Egg noodles
Wednesday - Portuguese Steak with Cream Sauce, Roast Potatoes
Friday - *Grocery Shopping, new meal plan*
Saturday -
Sunday -
 
 
Something fun to share::::
The Elliott Homestead is one of my favorite Youtube Channels.  I love watching her videos, they are filled with interesting information, and are so calming to watch, not to mention, her home is beautiful.  
This one is called Holiday Candy.
 

 
Favorite photo from the camera::::
My beautiful Philodendron has been growing in leaps and bounds.  It is gorgeous. 

 
Prayers, Inspiration quotes, Devotionals::::


7 comments:

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hello Sandra, thanks for hosting. I am happy to share my Thanksgiving table.

threesidesofcrazy said...

That honey taffy sounds good and fun to make too! Will your base pharmacy use mail order? We've been doing that several years now and usually have it next day! Have a WONDERFUL week.

Luludou said...

Good morning Sandra! Will go visit the youtube channel of the Elliott Homestead.
I hate washing floors imagine carpets... uggg! Hope you have a great week

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Have a beautiful week, my friend!
Your menu is delicious as always, and I hope you find time to get some rest!

Felicia said...

I wish it was that cold here! I'm so sick of sweating. I haven't seen that particular vlog yet but will have to check it out. Have you seen the Ima Survivor Donkey Sanctuary with Lester and his crew? Oh my goodness he has the most cutest goats and alpacas ever! I just love watching him and the love he has for his rascally animals.

The Navajo taco's sound amazing! I may try to make some this week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

HI Sweetie!
You're, unfortunately, reminding me that I need to shampoo my carpets again too. Ugh! I want to get that done before Christmas at least. Never a fun job but always glad when I do it.
Love the video! She has the coolest kitchen!! I'll have to look up more of her videos. Thanks for sharing. Have a very blessed week ahead. xoxo

Jean said...

Hope it didn't take you too long at the base yesterday. I'm all for watching calming videos. I'll have to check out that channel. Hope you have a wonderful week!