Monday, November 02, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/2/2020 }

Good morning everyone, welcome back to the Happy Homemaker Monday headquarters.

How was your weekend?

I had a pretty good one, got to spend time with my brother, sister in law and nephew yesterday, which is always a wonderful thing to do.  It's crazy, we live just a few streets from each other, but with work and school and life, sometimes we go a month without seeing each other face to face.  Just message back and forth.

I also spent some time yesterday editing my food blog.  I used to use photobucket back in the day, and so a lot of my earlier food posts have photos from there, which now are huge errors when you scroll through the blog.  I started editing and re adding the photos, one by one, which takes a lot of time to do.  I'll be doing more of that today.

Anyway, November 2nd it is, Monday it is, a new week it is.  Time for a blank slate, let's make this week a good one, show love, show understanding and most of all, stay prayed up.


 
The weather outside is::::
It is currently 38 degrees, so pretty chilly out there.  

Monday - 71
Tuesday - 77
Wednesday - 78
Thursday - 77
Friday - 77
Saturday - 73
Sunday - 77


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Just a cup of coffee at the moment, will have some Cream of Wheat when I eat breakfast later.

 
As I look outside my window::::
It is beautiful.  Fall and Winter mornings are some of the most gorgeous ones.


As I look around the house::::
It is not quite bright yet as it's pretty early still.  I need to give my carpets a good clean again, with mine and Nick's allergies, I have to keep them washed quite often.

 
What I'm wearing today::::
Jeans, camo long sleeved shirt and tennis shoes.

 
To do today or this week::::
I need to do some food prepping for the freezer.  We were blessed with some food from a local food bank that was trying to get rid of all their stuff.  We got 8 gallons of milk, tons of potatoes, apples, shredded cheese, yogurt and sour cream.


Currently reading::::
Proverbs in the Bible.
A Divine Revelation of Heaven and Hell
Hell and High Water

 
On the TV for this week::::
My Portuguese soap "Bem me Quer"
Vlogs on Youtube
The Secret Garden (2020 version)
 
 
On the menu this week::::
 
Monday - Carne Guisada com massa (Portuguese beef with noodles), Salad
Tuesday - Mom's Hot and Spicy Lasagna
Wednesday - Chicken Ham and Cheese Rolls, Mashed Potatoes, Veggies
Thursday - Penne and Smoked Sausage, Garlic Bread
Friday - Navajo Tacos, Cilantro Rice
Saturday - Crockpot Nachos
Sunday - Corned Beef Hash
 
 
Something fun to share::::
Another one from one of my favorite Youtubers 'Fairyland Cottage' 
 

 
Favorite photo from the camera::::
We have so many deer walk through out property, during this time of the year.  


 
Prayers, Inspiration quotes, Devotionals::::
"I am the Lord, I change not."
Malachi 3:6


5 comments:

Jean said...

Love the photo of the deer. Thank you for hosting. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Kara said...

Love the deer! Have a wonderful week friend!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dear Friend! You know I couldn't agree more about the kindness factor no matter whom you're voting for. I pray all will go well in these days ahead. Love your pic - frame worthy! Have a blessed week ahead. 🙏

Luludou said...

Glad you got to spend time with your family. As you mentionned Fairyland cottage earlier I have now followed a few of her posts - and I like her! thanks
Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

Isn't the country wonderful? Deer pictures are the best! I've been doing the same thing on my food blog since I cannot even get into my Flickr account anymore! So frustrating and time consuming like you said. I LOVE the blank slate and kindness sentiment.