Monday, April 19, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/19/2021 )

Good morning everyone.  
 
It is quite bitterly cold here in Texas.  The temperatures started dropping yesterday and we are now expecting a freeze watch for tomorrow.  Where did the hot weather go?  We are halfway through April and really shouldn't be dealing with this nonsense anymore.  Goodness!
 
We had a good weekend, was able to stay home on Saturday and get a lot of homemaking in.  It's always so refreshing to me to be able to do that.  Something about homemaking replenishes my soul. 
 
I hope you all had a good week and weekend, and I wish you a blessed week ahead.
 
 

♥♥The Weather♥♥ 
Cold, and more cold coming in.  A nice day later today at least, but then temperatures are dropping a bit and we have more rain coming in.    

Monday - Abundant Sunshine, 71
Tuesday -  Partly cloudy, 55
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, 61
Thursday -  Showers, 55
Friday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 67
Saturday -  Mostly sunny,72
Sunday -  Mostly sunny, 81
 

♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Tired, could have used a little more sleep.     


 ♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
Had my coffee at 5am.  I'm about to go make some toast for me and some oatmeal for Jasmine, before she heads off to work.   

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥ 
I am about to finish Zecharia, then just have Malachi and I'm off to the New Testament.  So excited to start it.   
 

 ♥♥On my tv♥♥
Youtube homemaking vlogs from Brasil.  
The Chosen  


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥ 

Monday - Sweet and Smoky BBQ Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Fried Cabbage with Bacon
Tuesday - Ikea Style Meatballs, Rice, Fried Okra
Wednesday - Zippy Chicken Enchiladas, Salad
Thursday - Spinach Ravioli Bake, Garlic Bread
Friday -  Mexican Lasagna, Roasted Asparagus
Saturday - Crispy Orange Chicken, Rice
Sunday - Jasmine's Birthday, out to eat


♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
It is quiet.  Elliott is sleeping on my bed and Marley is laying in the living room.  The birds are chirping loudly outside, and flying between the trees.     

♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
As always, read.


♥♥Something I want to share♥♥ 
Today's video is from Country Life Vlog and it's a really sweet one.  It is titled Planting a New Flower Bed for our Small House.
 
I think you'll enjoy it ♥  

 
 
 

♥♥Devotional, inspirational, prayer list or Bible verse♥♥
I'm sharing today's morning devotional from the Morning and Night by Charles Spurgeon.

Morning

"Behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom."
Matthew 27:51

No mean miracle was wrought in the rending of so strong and thick a veil; but it was not intended merely as a display of power--many lessons were herein taught us. The old law of ordinances was put away, and like a worn-out vesture, rent and laid aside. When Jesus died, the sacrifices were all finished, because all fulfilled in him, and therefore the place of their presentation was marked with an evident token of decay. 

That rent also revealed all the hidden things of the old dispensation: the mercy-seat could now be seen, and the glory of God gleamed forth above it. By the death of our Lord Jesus we have a clear revelation of God, for he was "not as Moses, who put a veil over his face." Life and immortality are now brought to light, and things which have been hidden since the foundation of the world are manifest in him. The annual ceremony of atonement was thus abolished. The atoning blood which was once every year sprinkled within the veil, was now offered once for all by the great High Priest, and therefore the place of the symbolical rite was broken up. 

No blood of bullocks or of lambs is needed now, for Jesus has entered within the veil with his own blood. Hence access to God is now permitted, and is the privilege of every believer in Christ Jesus. There is no small space laid open through which we may peer at the mercy-seat, but the rent reaches from the top to the bottom. We may come with boldness to the throne of the heavenly grace. Shall we err if we say that the opening of the Holy of Holies in this marvellous manner by our Lord's expiring cry was the type of the opening of the gates of paradise to all the saints by virtue of the Passion? 

Our bleeding Lord hath the key of heaven; he openeth and no man shutteth; let us enter in with him into the heavenly places, and sit with him there till our common enemies shall be made his footstool.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

A freeze watch... no! Someone at church yesterday mentioned we have snow in our forecast for this week with a possiblity of 6 inches of snow... I hadn't heard that... so I am not sure where she heard it, or if she was just being funny... I don't want snow this late in April! Your menu sounds really yummy this week! Happy Monday!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mexican Lasagna sounds interesting and good. We have a freeze warning this week and snow. Ugh. Have a great week.

Jean said...

We're right there with you, a winter weather advisory for tonight! This has been the coldest spring I can remember in a long time. I'm ready for true spring and summer. Hope you stay warm and have a wonderful weeek!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

It's been chilly here too again...but that's really nothing new. Lol And I dream of your warm temps! We have another month before we'll get anything like that! Love the vlogs you share and inspirationals. Blessings on your week ahead dear Friend. 🙏 💕

Deanna said...

Hello from Kansas. We're suppose to get snow tonight and I can't get excited about it. I know we have received snow before in May, but that was when I was a young woman and didn't find it so challenging. Now that I am 65....well, I'd be alright if the snow stayed away so I don't have to wear a coat. Nice post today. Country Life Vlog has gotten my attention. I'll have to binge watch it!
Blessings,
d

Luludou said...

we are having a cold week ahead too.... snow in the forecast! uggg.
thanks for posting the vlog.

Have a great week