Thursday, April 08, 2021

{ Around here }

IMG_0578
 
 
*knock knock*

Hello everyone!!!

It is Thursday morning, the 8th of April, and I had a few moments so thought I would come in and chat a little.

Life has been, well, LIFE!

I think that about sums everything up.  Day to day chores, some struggles, some stress, and a whole lot of trying to keep our heads above water.  Sometimes I feel like Dory in Little Nemo "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming......"

IMG_0632
 
I'm not quite sure when the last time was that I came in and did a post, updating or talking about what was going on around here.  I guess I should have checked first, but that's ok, I know it's been a while.

So much has been happening though, goodness.  For one, we have not had a single weekend to relax since the beginning of the year.  Every weekend has included some sort of busy schedule, a lot of traveling back and forth between our home and my mother in laws.

That is a stress on a whole different level.  I won't go into detail but basically, the two contractors that she had hired before passing, both ditched us with the bathroom and kitchen undone.  It is now up to us to finish them off, get the house ready for sale and pray that the right buyer comes along.

IMG_0580

It hasn't been easy paying for two households, but it will be ok, God's got it.

  IMG_0595

One thing I focus on a lot in my spare moments, is homemaking and doing what I love.  Growing things, fixing meals, cleaning and even ironing.  I know, some of you are probably shocked right now, but what can I say, I actually love ironing.

IMG_0597 

Our Marley has also been keeping us busy and somewhat stressed. He has been dealing with bad allergies and some sort of infection that the Vet couldn't figure out.  He had him on two weeks treatment of steroids and antibiotics and that seemed to help, but didn't completely lower his white blood cell count, so he is now thinking that it may just be allergy related.

In the middle of all that, he had swollen lymph nodes, which resulted in two completely blood panels being done, and thankfully no cancer.  His left eye also got pretty red, so right now we are doing Benadryl and just keeping an eye on him.  We only need to take him back in if he becomes lethargic or we see that he is really unwell.

It's been a stressful 3 weeks.  Our pets are our babies and I was just beside myself when the lymph nodes started swelling and there were blood tests being done and all this hanging above our heads.  

IMG_0629
 
I've kept my sanity by staying busy with housework.  Sometimes keeping our minds busy helps to keep the anxiety and worry away.  That and a lot of praying, I mean a LOT of praying.  I think I've talked more to God the past 2 months, than my whole life time.
 
IMG_0633
 
Reading has also been a much welcomed reprieve, and thankfully I have a ton of review books to get through, plus my own book collection which continues to grow.  
 
Am I the only one who can't pass up a good book?  Especially when they're on the sale rack?  I mean, a dollar book is not something I can pass up.  I'll have to show you the latest I picked up, and some that I traded in through Paperbackswap.
 
 IMG_0614

IMG_0615

 If I could, I think I would be happy living inside a library.  Just imagine being surrounded by stacks and stacks of books of all genres, on every side, and inhaling the scent of book pages.  That probably sounds a bit weird to say out loud, but I have a feeling many of you will understand what I'm saying and even nod in agreement.

IMG_0637 

Something else I've been trying to focus more on, is cooking and baking. With all the running around, I feel like I haven't been cooking as much as I would like to. 

So I've been in the kitchen more, trying new recipes and hoping to kick start my interest back in sharing recipes on the food blog.  Not just because I love sharing with you all, but even for myself, I love having a bunch of different recipes for myself and for my children to look back on when they're out on their own.

The picture above is from an Instant Pot Caramel Pudding I made, that turned out delicious.  It's so easy to make and so quick too.  I will share the recipe sometime this week, and if not, then this weekend it will be on the food blog.

We are also down to the crunch with Nick's school, and in just a little over a month, my baby boy will be graduating High School.  That will be it for me, no more babies at home.  He is also turning 18 this Sunday, so there's that as well.  Good grief time flies.

Jasmine is doing brilliantly in her new job.  She has already been promoted and made it to the top 10 reps in the country.  Wow!!!

We are so proud of her and her accomplishments.

Curt is also doing extremely well with his college courses.  His new classes just started 3 weeks ago and he is really enjoying his courses.  He is taking Evangelism and something else, I can't remember now what it is.  

Elliott is being his usual adorable naughty kitten.  He is so good for the most part, and then every few weeks he has a day or two of craziness.  Has to be up high on all my furniture, kitchen cupboards, bathroom window etc.  Zips around like a tornado, jumps on people, chases the dog, and so on.  Life with a cat right?

As for me, I am just taking care of everyone and the home, trying to keep it together, praying, reading my Bible, homeschooling and driving people to appointments, while still plodding along with the whole perimenopause journey.  

That's basically what has been happening around here.  I hope you are all doing well, and thank you again for always checking on me and praying for our family and pets.  It means so much.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you the latest books on the shelf and anything else that I manage to do and take pictures of, around here.

Until then, have a blessed Thursday friends.
Xoxoxo

4 comments:

fiona said...

Blessings 🌸 To You All x

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Hi Sandra, I hope your dog improves. He's gorgeous! Sorry to hear about the stress with the contractors. I think that's common. I had to fire a couple that I hired to stain my deck. They started trying to bully me into letting them paint the cabin. I refused. I hope it all works out and you can sell the house. We sold my parents' home during Covid. What a relief when the house closed. Your baking looks divine.

Tracy dixon said...

Since Elliot is a male cat and does things like that periodically, it might benefit to have him neutered. It will calm him down a bit. He is becoming of age. If he already is, I missed that post. 😁
One thing I have been researching is diffusing essential oils. You can search on Pinterest, Essential Oils For Menopause and there are very good recommendations. It has helped me alot. I am in the perimenopause stage.

sharon said...

Has your vet tried changing your dogs diet? Just wondering if they tried that yet, our daughters older dog had allergies and it was to ingredients in the dog food.
It sounds like you have a lot to keep yourself busy. That can be a good thing just remember to take time to breathe lol
I have been reading a lot of books lately so I can relate to what you were saying about books. Do you keep a log of books that you've read? I have a friend who has done that Wish I had of thought of that years ago I could go back and see what I've read over the past 30 year lol.
I have thought of getting an insta pot but then I will have to learn how to use it sigh
I am getting a new range soon and I think it will be a challenge to learn how to use it as it has so many features yikes
I so Enjoy reading your blog 😊 Have a blessed week