Monday, May 03, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/03/2021 }

Good morning sweet friends, hope you had a good night's rest.  
 
Are you ready for the week ahead?  How are we already in May?  My goodness.
 
I want to start by thanking you all, from the bottom of my heart, for the sweet comments on my last post.  It really thrills me that so many of you have been following the blog for so long, and still enjoy it or find some motivation or encouragement.  I feel that it is my calling from God, He has kept me very grounded when it comes to this little blog, and any time I start feeling discouraged, or questioning why I am still here, He reminds me that I'm here to do His work.  Who am I to question that?
 
So yes, I am very much looking forward to sticking around, and to continuing to share my homemaking, cooking, and life in general with you all.  
 
Next week Monday, I am going to change up the Happy Homemaker Monday slightly.  I am just going to use one of the older templates for it.  I feel a bit bored with the current one, so I'm thinking of going back in the blog a couple years, snatching one of the others and using it.  
 
If you want to join me, let me know down below in the comments, and I'll edit this post later today, with the older template, or give you a link to it so you can use that one instead.  As always, if you have any categories you would like to see added to our Monday feature, let me know as well.
 
Hope you all have a blessed week ahead! 
 

♥♥The Weather♥♥ 
We had to turn on our AC.  That should tell you how hot it is already becoming here.  I used to love the heat, and looked forward to it, but as I've gotten older and as I navigate this perimenopause, I am finding it extremely hard to deal with the temperatures.  Looks like we have a pretty warm week coming up. 

Monday - Sunshine and a few clouds, 81
Tuesday -  Partly cloudy, 70
Wednesday - Sunny, 76
Thursday -  Sunny, 79
Friday - Partly cloudy, 83
Saturday -  Partly cloudy, 94
Sunday -  Mostly sunny, 89

♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Pretty good.  My girl arrives this evening, and we are all very much looking to having her home.  I did manage to get sleep last night which is always a plus.  Other than that, I am dealing with some pain in my middle finger, left hand.  It is right on the joint.  Been going on for about a month or so.  The finger itself doesn't hurt at all, but if I put any pressure on that joint (picking something up, opening a door handle, washing dishes etc), it hurts so bad that I actually drop what I'm holding.  
I tried to massage it last night thinking maybe I pulled a muscle or something, but oh boy, that only made it worse.  It's been throbbing all night and morning.        


 ♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
I have had a cup of coffee with vanilla creamer.  Will have some toast in about an hour.


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥ 
Reading Matthew in the New Testament.
Finished Night by Elie Wiesel yesterday, and my goodness, so heartbreaking.  
Moving on to my next review book, just need to check the list and see what it is.


 ♥♥On my tv♥♥
Homemaking vlogs on Youtube
 
Also been loving watching Giselle Waldner on Youtube.  I mentioned the channel on my Instagram but don't think I did here, and I need to share it with you all.  Giselle is a Hutterite, lives in a colony of about 120 in Canada, and shares her life through weekly vlogs.  
 
Here is her opening video, be sure to go follow her.

 

 
♥♥On the menu this week♥♥ 
 
Tuesday - Ground Beef with Chayote Squash, Rice, Best Beans Ever
Wednesday - Chicken a la King, mashed potatoes, salad
Thursday - Italian Beef Sandwiches, Fries
Friday - Hot and Spicy Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
Saturday - Big John's Chili Rubbed Ribs, Potato Salad, BBQ Beans
Sunday - Leftovers

 

♥♥From the camera♥♥
Jasmine loves Star Trek, so this year, for her birthday, I made a Star Trek inspired cake.  She absolutely loves the original series, and her favorite is Spock, so I his uniform is the inspiration for it.
 
I will never be a cake designer, but my husband and children have gotten so used to me baking them birthday cakes, that every year they ask me to please do another.  It's just a fun way to personalize each cake, and play with fondant.         


 
♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
It's getting brighter earlier in the day, so the sun is already up and shining, throwing it's beautiful golden rays through the entire house.
 
As always, at this time of the morning, Curt is off to work, the animals are napping and Nick is still in bed too.  
 
I have comforters that were washed, draping over my couches to finish drying overnight.  I need to pick those up, fold them and put them away.  I also need to vacuum both living rooms, especially the green one, as Marley tore apart one of his toys last night.  I picked up all the fluff I could get, but I think he went at it again this morning hahaha    

♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Read and crochet.  I have a new blanket I'm working on, it's a small lap sized blanket, so it works up pretty quickly, which I'm enjoying.  
 


♥♥Something I want to share♥♥ 
Oooh do I have another fantastic video and channel to share with you.  This one comes from Mayo Utuk.  Mayo lives in Nigeria and shares beautiful slow loving videos, from her village.  
 
This one is titled Night Routine of a Salary Woman in a Small Village.  Enjoy :)


 
♥♥Devotional, inspirational, prayer list or Bible verse♥♥
Yesterday in church, our Pastor talked about the difference in an occupation and a vocation.  What we do for work, and what we are called to do by God.  
 
I had never really given it too much thought, until this past week when I was searching, praying and figuring out what to do with my blog.  I have really felt a pull from God to use my blog to continue sharing my homemaking, encouraging other homemakers and share my testimony, and the Lord's word.
 
It was so strange when one of the comments left on my post yesterday, actually said:


I LOVE your blog! I always look forward to it! Your homemaking is a true vocation from God! I truly appreciate your faith - thank you for sharing with me! God bless..........

 
Wow!!!  

This is what I've talked about many times before.  God always, gives us a sign, or points us in the right direction, through someone else's words.  Through a movie we watch, or something we read.  He is always there, we just have to learn to listen to His voice.

Confirmation for me, from two different sources.  The sermon at church and my sweet follower Rooted Gramma.  :)

13 comments:

Luludou said...

I love how the post from GrammaMay was spot on with what you were going through! I do enjoy reading your post and I love the community we have for HHM. Thank you for that.
Cute cake! thanks for the videos - had to look up what a hutterite was.
Have a great week

Martha said...

Sounds like a good week. Thank you for hosting! :)

Jean said...

We've had our a/c on for about a week now. Originally, it was just to test it but I've left it on because it was fairly warm outside. The cake is amazing! Glad you're sticking around with your blog, I'd definitely have missed it. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I love the Star Trek cake -my favorite series.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dear Sandra! I have followed your blog from way back and I agree with Gramma May completely! Homemaking and sharing it and your faith is your calling and you do it so well. 🙏
So happy to hear your Girlie gets back home today. Always nice when all the chicks are in the nest! Lol And that cake you made was so amazing! I still love making homemade cakes for my kiddos too. Doing a cactus/succulent theme for Annie's in just a few weeks. 😉 Love the crafts you do too and of course the videos you share. I love any templated you share and look so forward to these visits on Mondays. I hope you figure out what's making your finger so sore! have a great week ahead. xo

Reshaping Me said...

I was trying to remember when exactly we met through our blogs. Our kids were just littles.

Jen

Deanna said...

Hi from Kansas! You have a really neat blog and I enjoy reading the post.
All the best and shine on,
d

Felicia said...

I'm really glad you've decided to keep blogging and sharing your homemaking life with us. You're one of the few I've read for years. You've always been so inspirational to me (you're one of the reasons I finally gave crocheting a try...my husband says thanks lol)

Enjoy your time with your girl! I hope to get to see my oldest this weekend. I love the Star Trek cake!! Spock is just amazing and is one of my all time favorite characters.

Hope your finger gets better soon. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

I have to say that cake is really awesome. Nice that you take the time to do that for your hubby and kids. My sister decorates her own cakes and I know it's a lot of work. I bet Jasmine really loved it. Neat that she's into the original Star Trek being that young. Happy birthday to her.

lilaclady925 said...

Sandra,I've only commented once on your blog,but I had to take time to tell you that I enjoy your blog very much. I love to hear about you and your lovely family. I also like your recipes, as I've used quite a few.I'm very happy to hear you are continuing to blog, and I will comment more.

Clarisse Meowrie said...

I love your blog too. Please don’t stop blogging. I’ve been reading gosh since you originally posted the zippy dog recipe on your recipe blog. I think I found it on a menu plan Monday linky and found your hhm blog through there.

Tracy dixon said...

What is your Instagram name?

Anonymous said...

Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

bY...