Monday, May 10, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/10/2021 }

Good morning sweet friends.  I hope you've had a really good weekend, and a wonderful Mother's Day. 

I had a great one, which culminated yesterday with Curt and I becoming members of our local church.  It was a a blessing for sure, it is always great to be part of a church family, to know that you have so many around you that love you and pray for you, and welcome you with open arms. 

As I mentioned last week, today I'm going back in time and using one of my older Happy Homemaker Mondays, from 2012.  It's basically the same categories, but just wanted a bit of a change, so here we are. Hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!

 
Happy Homemaker Monday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather::: 
It's been pretty hot around here already, we had some high 90s just this weekend.  Also have had a lot of rain, and have more on the way today and tomorrow.  As long as it's not tornado weather, I'm good, you know that I love rain. 
 
 
On my reading pile::: 
So many review books. Currently I am listening to an audio book for review, called Don't give the enemy a seat at your table by Louis Giglio.  It is SO good! 
 
 
On my TV:::  
Watched a few Netflix shows this weekend.  First, I am a Killer Released.  I also started The Confession Tapes.  
 
I quite enjoy these type of shows, I can go about my business and just listen to what is going on without having to stay in front of the TV watching. 
 
 
On the menu for this week::: 
Our lives have been so busy lately, we've been back and forth, either between trying to deal with my mother in law's house, or school, work etc.  I feel like most of our days I've been out of the house during meal times, and it's really starting to bother me.  I am making a conscientious choice to do better, for my family and for myself.  I will do my best to work our schedule around our meal times, to be sure that there is always a cooked meal on the table for dinner. 
 
Tuesday -   Big John's Chili Rubbed Ribs, Potato Salad
Wednesday -  Fricassee Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Salad
Thursday -   Ground Beef with Chayote Squash, Rice
Friday -  Grocery Shopping
 
 
On my to do list::: 
Housework - dishes, vacuuming, dusting, laundry 
 
Last week of school for Nick, I can't believe it will be our last schooling forever.
 
 
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::: 
Working on a new crochet blanket.  I have needed something to make that didn't require a lot of attention, stitch counting etc.  Crochet is very therapeutic for me, and this past week it has been a life saver. 
 
 
 
Looking around the house::: 
It is quite dark this morning, we have rain coming in.  The house is pretty quiet at the moment.  
Curt is off to work, Nick is asleep and Jasmine is up and getting ready for work. Both Marley and Elliott are hanging out in the living room, watching the birds at the feeder, near the patio door. 
 
 
From the camera::: 
My beautiful Philodendron plant is huge.  I will have to get a picture later to show you.  I've been cutting it back and have been propagating it.  This planter holds some of the propagated clippings.  They're doing amazing already.  
 

 
 
Something fun to share::: 
I really wanted to share this one with you all today.  I think it's not only beautiful but pretty poignant for Mother's Day, since it was just yesterday. I hope you enjoy. ♥ 
 
  
 
 
On my prayer list::: 
Our Marley as he fights off this infection.  Thankfully, he has been on medication for the past 4 days and his swollen glands are already going down. 
 
 
Bible verse, Devotional::: 
“Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from men of violence who plan to trip my feet.” Psalm 140:4


7 comments:

Luludou said...

I prefer these categories, simple but effective. Hope Marly feels better soon. Have a great week

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Love the blanket. Have a great week.

Jean said...

Such a pretty planter! Congrats on finding and joining a new church family. I like the new categories. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sherry Jolly said...

Very pretty planter, I love it! I'm so glad that you found a church home! I've been searching for about a year. Because of COVID I have been watching different local churches online. None of them feel exactly right. I love video you shared. I've been studying the Proverbs 31 woman. And in one of the books that I am reading - she interviewed a Jewish woman - did you know the men have to memorize Proverbs 31 and recite it to their wives? I found that fascinating. Have a great week!

Felicia said...

I've always enjoyed any of your HHM outlines, this is one of my favorites. I'm enjoying all this rain as well. I've been getting the most amazing sleep as it rains on the camper window above our bed. Just so long as the wind doesn't join in and it's all out of here by Friday.

Hope Marley continues to feel better.

Bobbing Along said...

What a beautiful blanket. I have tried to crochet but couldn't quite get the hang of it. I will stick to Knitting. Have a good week.

Deanna said...

Hello from Kansas. I have never crochet or knitted. Another thing I wish I had learned. Your work is beautiful!