Tuesday, May 25, 2021

{ A Rainy Day in the Garden, and a few antique store finds }

May 25, 2021 

The sun has just come out, the skies are a beautiful pale blue, and the rain has moved on.
 
But earlier today, it poured, and when I say it poured, I mean it really poured down.

I had dropped Jasmine off and was on the way back home, when it started.  Within 2 minutes, I had my windshield wipers on full blast and still struggling to see the road ahead.  When the weather gets like this, I slow down, it doesn't matter what the speed limit is, I believe in being cautious, so I take my time.

It doesn't help that my car also seems to hate wet roads, and has a tendency to slide.  It makes me so nervous every time it does, because no matter how slow I'm going, it hits water on the road and starts sliding.  Nerve wrecking!

I made it home safe and sound, parked in the driveway, and then ran for the porch.  I still ended up looking like a drowned rat, that's how hard it was raining.

May 25, 2021 

I've mentioned before how both Marley and Elliott are scared of storms, and even though Nick was up and in the office, on his computer, they were both at the front door waiting for me to return. 
 
I had no sooner opened the door, when a loud thunder and lightning cracked right in the front yard, sending me running into the house with a scream.
 
Marley scattered one way in fear, Elliott ran to hide so fast, it was almost a blur.  My goodness, the storms in Texas are intimidating.

May 25, 2021 

Scary but beautiful at the same time. I love stepping outside to see not only the rain falling, but the aftermath. 
 
Sparkly drops hanging on flower petals, or just at the tip of a leaf, dangling, waiting to fall to the ground.  

These are the moments I grab my camera and am thankful for not only loving photography, but being able to capture such lovely snapshots of an otherwise normal day.

How many times do you actually stop to look at raindrops on a flower, or a blade of grass?  I never used to, until I started blogging and then it became normal, to always have the camera nearby for times such as these.

May 25, 2021

The garden is loving all the rain, as is expected.  The flowers are blooming and showing off their gorgeous colors and designs, the vegetables are growing in leaps and bounds, matter of fact, I've already harvested lettuce and green onions.  

May 25, 2021

May 25, 2021

May 25, 2021

May 25, 2021

May 25, 2021

So pretty!!!
 
Of course, the birds are also loving the warm weather, and it's quite interesting watching them during rain storms.  Some hide in trees , while others take that moment to do fly bys in the yard, back and forth, landing on the fences and fluffing their feathers.

May 25, 2021

May 25, 2021 

Before I show you the few things I got at the antique store this weekend, let me show you our Elliott. He is so cute, naughty, but cute. Hahahah 

May 25, 2021

The first thing I got was this little sign.  It is handmade as you can tell, but I love imperfect things items.  I don't like anything to look pristine and new, because I find that the more imperfect they look, the more they fit in with my simplistic country/primitive look.

May 25, 2021

I have been looking for some baskets to reorganize my pantry, and these were pretty cheap, so got two.

May 25, 2021

May 25, 2021

You'll have to excuse the Elliott foot, you know cats, they have to be in every basket they find.  
Then I saw this book, and immediately grabbed it.  It was just a dollar.

Little Women is one of my favorite books of all time, and the fact that it is an old book, just makes it that much more appealing.  It's going right on my shelf along with the other old books I've collected over the years.

May 25, 2021

It wasn't a lot of things, but they were things that caught my eye and will be used and loved here in our home.
 
I hope you enjoyed the flowers, the rain shots and seeing what I picked up over the weekend.   

3 comments:

Jean said...

Beautiful photos! Elliot looks like he's plotting something. Hope you've had a happy Tuesday.

Monique G. said...

Your flowers are so beautiful!
I love Elliot's little smirk. He looks like one happy kitty. All our animals hate thunderstorms too.

Anna said...

Maybe the OU being bigger was on purpose. The creator might have been an OU fan. Regardless it's cute.