Saturday, November 05, 2022

{ A cozy rainy day in the kitchen }

November 4, 2022

 
The morning started like any other.  Bright blue skies, and the most gorgeous of yellow and orange leaves on the trees.

I always step out back, and while Kaia does her business, I just look up and admire God's handiwork.  Is there anything more beautiful?  The detail, and the vivid colors that I certainly could never imagine.
 
 
November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022

 
I had a home day, which meant, no need to leave the house at all, and for that I was grateful as we had some severe storms coming in, in the afternoon.

Looking at the bright blue sky, you wouldn't know it, but believe me they showed up in force.

I got busy with cleaning the house real quick, then got into the kitchen and continued my baking.  I made Cinnamon bread and Pumpkin Spice bread the day before, and yesterday, I concentrated on making french bread loaves for subs and pizza.  We love french bread pizza and it's even tastier when you make the bread yourself.

November 4, 2022

 
Some people say they don't have a bread maker, and those that do say they hardly ever use it.  I use mine at least once a week.  I couldn't do without it.
 

November 4, 2022

 
The recipe I use is supposed to make two loaves, but I split mine into 8, and make smaller ones which are just right for the pizza.  I slice them in half, and that's 16 pizzas for the freezer.  Or, if we want subs then I take 4 of those out and make pizza from the remaining 4 loaves.

Either way, it's delicious bread and so easy to make, especially since the bread maker does all the work, and all I have to do is shape it, let it rise and bake it.  Saves me a lot of time in the kitchen.

As I was busy with the bread, the sky started turning a dark purple, the wind moved in, gorgeous fall leaves started dancing down from the trees, and the pitter patter of rain drops began.
 
I immediately lit candles, opened the back patio door and found a spot on the couch near the big living room windows, to watch the rain.  At one point, it was me, Kaia and Elliott, all watching.  I do love my furry babies.
 

November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022

November 4, 2022
 

We sat for a bit, then I decided to head straight back into the kitchen, to make some Bolinhos de Chuva.  If you're Portuguese you understand what that means, but if you're not, they translate to Rain Cakes.  Basically little donuts, rolled in sugar and cinnamon.  We always make them when it rains.  
 
Just picture a few of these with a hot cup of coffee, on a rainy day.  Yum!!! 
 
November 4, 2022


The rest of the day was spent on the couch, under the blankets, with my babies, reading, listening to the rain and just enjoying a cozy day at home.

For dinner, I made a delicious pizza.  It was supposed to be a deep dish, but I divided the dough into 2 pizzas, so ended up with not a deep dish, but a delicious pizza nonetheless.  

The recipe was a new one to us, I love copycat recipes, and this was the Uno Pizzeria Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.  I know, I created a faux pas by dividing the dough, but I won't do it next time.  I am going to try the actual deep dish and I'm sure it will be just as delicious as the one I made yesterday.

I do have another deep dish pizza recipe on my food blog, which is equally delicious.  Give it a look.
 

Deep Dish Sausage Pizza

 
I think it was the perfect ending to a rainy Friday.

How did you spend yours?

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I do love a cozy, rainy day at home. Your day looks perfect. I always enjoy your recipes and the food you share. Thank you for that! It is unseasonably warm here in Pennsylvania. I am not really feeling it! I am ready for autumn weather!