Monday, November 07, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/07/2022 }

 
 
Good morning from a crisp, cold Texas.
 
I stepped outside with Kaia and couldn't believe how cold I felt.  It's just the mornings though because in the afternoons, we are still reaching upper 70's and mid 80's.  
 
I don't need to go anywhere today, however, Kaia has been unwell this weekend, so I'm giving the Vet a call in about 30 minutes, to see if I need to bring her in.  I'm pretty certain it's her stomach.  She threw up her breakfast Friday morning, but nothing since then.  She's just been gassy, she seems to be running a low grade fever the past two days, and she's very lethargic and seems that her stomach is hurting her.  So, I know stomach issues often go away in a few days, but I would rather talk to the vet and see what she suggests. 
 
Poor pup is just not happy at all.  Please keep her in your prayers.  Anyway, let's get on with our post today, and see what is happening around our homes.
 
Have a wonderful, blessed week friends,
Sandra

 



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Cold and hot.  That's the best way to describe this nonsense. 

Monday - Cloudy skies, 66
Tuesday - Cloudy, 77
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 81
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 81
Friday - Sunny, 54
Saturday - Sunny, 52  
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 56



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
Cloudy and really dreary this morning.  All the trees in our yard are a beautiful orange and yellow.  I always find that the contrast between the leaves being that color, and the cloudy skies, makes for such a beautiful picture. 
 



♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my bed, typing up this post.     



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

About Kaia.  I hate seeing one of our babies unwell.  I will tell you, it has brought up a lot of anxiety for me.  Marley's sickness traumatized me in ways I never thought possible.  It's so strange how our brains immediately go to some place, during different situations.  I am just trying to stay focused, and not allow my mind to shift back to those thoughts, because it sends my anxiety into a tail spin. 

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Exhausted.  Was practically up all night with Kaia.  She wasn't feeling well, she was shivering from the fever and whining a bit, and just wanted our attention.  I'm just glad she is sleeping peacefully at the moment, and after I've talked to the vet, I may try and take a nap.   
 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

I made a cup of coffee at 6am, like I always do, but didn't drink it.  I'm so tired that I'm not even in the mood for coffee.  Good grief, that is a first.                 
  

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

I am not sure yet.  I made some ravioli for dinner last night, so may have some of that, but it depends on how I'm feeling at the time.   
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Feijoada (Portuguese bean stew), Rice, Sauteed greens          

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Still in my nightgown and robe.  If I have to take Kaia to the vet, then I'll change into jeans a tshirt, but if not, then I'll probably throw on some leggins.....and a tshirt of course.  Not gonna walk around with just leggings, that wouldn't be appropriate  LOL        
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

My Bible.



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

Star Trek Discovery.....we are LOVING this one too. 
Homemaking, simple living, and quiet living vlogs
The Great British Bake Off 
All Creatures Great and Small
Christmas movies



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Monday - Feijoada, Rice, Sauteed Greens  
Tuesday - Roast chicken legs with roast potatoes and mixed veggies 
Wednesday - Olive Garden's Angry Alfredo with Roasted Cauliflower
Thursday -   Olive Garden's Five Cheese Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
Friday - *grocery shopping....new meal plan kicks in*
Saturday -
Sunday -



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

The house is clean and tidy, I got it all done over the weekend, so I don't need to do anything today, aside from the usual daily maintenance and cooking.  
 
I am starting to bring down the Fall decorations, fabric pumpkins, wreaths etc.  I don't know if I'll put any Christmas decorations up this week, but definitely by this weekend they will show up.  One thing, I am hoping to put up this week though, is my Thanksgiving tree.
   


♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- First on the list is to call the vet in a few minutes, when they open (just called and she has an appointment at 3pm
- Start the new meal plan and grocery list 
- Make chicken and rice for Kaia
- Write up the new monthly budget


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
There is something so magical about Fall season and the light it creates on the world around it.  I always enjoy looking out every morning and seeing how everything looks, the grass, the trees. 
 
 

♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
 
God calls you to deny yourself and then blesses you with the indwelling Holy Spirit so you have the power to say no.  
 
From New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp

7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sorry Kaia being sick is also making you anxious. I hope it's just a stomach bug and she'll be back to herself by suppertime. Keeping you both in my prayers. When you skip coffee I know you're out of sorts.

Gray skies with red and orange trees is all we have here so you'd love the contrast! Have a GREAT week my friend and put up the Christmas decorations. They will do wonders for your mood!

Julieann said...

HUGE HUGS!!!!! I am so sorry Kaia is not feeling well and I hope you are able to get answers soon. It is so hard. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers and update us when you can. Take it easy and be kind to yourself too.
Your menu sounds delightful!
xo
Julieann🤍

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh poor Kaia!! Saying big prayers for her to feel better and be okay. Hang in there sweet Momma! And I LOVE your Thanksgiving tree. 😍 It's been cooler here too -and they're saying we may get our first winter storm this weekend - WHAT?!? - ugh! Lol Blessings on your week dear Friend. xoxo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I sure hope all is well with Kaia! Goodness. Have a great week.

Luludou said...

Hope Kaia is feeling better. Can't wait to see your Thanksgiving tree. Have a good week

Aritha Vermeulen said...

How is it now with Kaia?

Jean said...

Hope your puppy is doing much better today and that you have a wonderful rest of the week!