Monday, November 14, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/14/2022 }

 
 
 
Good morning everyone, welcome back to my little blog. 
 
I am coming to you this morning, from a very cold, rainy Texas.  We are even expecting some snow mixed in with the rain.  Crazy!
I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend.  Ours went too fast.  Friday we met up with Curt's aunt and cousin, in Oklahoma, for a catch up lunch, and to go visit my mother in law's grave.  It was great catching up, we hadn't seen each other since March.  Anyway, Saturday I went grocery shopping at the base commissary.  I have so missed shopping in store.  
If you missed my previous post, I gave an update on Kaia, she is well now, back to normal and thankfully over this gastro issue she had.  Thank the Lord!
 
And with that, I'm going to move right into our post for today.  Have a wonderful, blessed week friends,
Sandra

 



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Cold and hot.  That's the best way to describe this nonsense. 

Monday - Cloudy skies, 66
Tuesday - Cloudy, 77
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 81
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 81
Friday - Sunny, 54
Saturday - Sunny, 52  
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 56



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
Cloudy and really dreary this morning.  All the trees in our yard are a beautiful orange and yellow.  I always find that the contrast between the leaves being that color, and the cloudy skies, makes for such a beautiful picture. 
 



♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my bed, typing up this post.     



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

About Kaia.  I hate seeing one of our babies unwell.  I will tell you, it has brought up a lot of anxiety for me.  Marley's sickness traumatized me in ways I never thought possible.  It's so strange how our brains immediately go to some place, during different situations.  I am just trying to stay focused, and not allow my mind to shift back to those thoughts, because it sends my anxiety into a tail spin. 

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Really tired.  The past 3 nights, I haven't slept well, and am just feeling exhausted.
 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
A sermon on the tv.



♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

Just had a second cup of coffee, and some toast.  
                 
  

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

I have leftover steamed broccoli from dinner on Saturday, so I'll be adding a can of tuna to it, a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and that will be my lunch.     
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Chicken Enchiladas, Tomato rice, Beans.         

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
I have a pair of black leggings on, and a love sleeved dark grey top.  Also have some warm socks on my feet, because it's quite cold right now.          
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

My Bible.



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

Star Trek Discovery.....we are almost done with the last season.  UGH!  We've been enjoying this one so much.  We will move onto Picard next.   
Homemaking, simple living, and quiet living vlogs
The Great British Bake Off 
All Creatures Great and Small
Christmas movies on Lifetime Youtube channel



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Monday - Chicken Enchiladas, Tomato Rice, Beans  
Tuesday - Spicy Pork Noodles
Wednesday - Instant Pot Chili Mac, Salad
Thursday -   Sausage Rice, Butternut Squash
Friday - Cheeseburgers, Fries
Saturday - Crockpot Mississippi Chicken Sandwiches
Sunday - Chicken Stew, Garlic Biscuits, Sauteed Spinach



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

It is quite dark, as it's raining outside.  By the back patio door in the living room, area all my veggies from outside.  They are still thriving and producing, but we have been having frost in the morning, and I don't want them to die.
 
We potted them all and brought them in, until they're done producing veggies.  At the moment I have quite a lot of plants in my house, and that's ok, I love seeing all the green. 
 


♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Get this post up 
- Load of laundry to wash, plus 2 of Curt's work shirts to iron
- Finish cracking the bag of pecans on the kitchen counter
- Make Kaia's food
- Do the dishes
- Start another batch of french bread, in the bread machine
- Take out chicken for dinner
- Wash cilantro, parsley and lettuce to store in tupperware.  Cilantro and parsley will be chopped up and frozen, as I always do.
- Make my Thanksgiving list of to do's.
- Read the Bible and do devotionals
 

 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
I just love this photo and the colors.  So many different beautiful colors of fall in these leaves.  ♥  
 
IMG_4322
  


♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you His peace. May our loving Father protect you in the time of trouble and surround you with songs of deliverance. Selah!


6 comments:

Luludou said...

Glad Kaia is back to normal and nothing serious. Busy day for you. Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh I hope Kaia gets better soon. Your menu has my stomach growling. We can't eat regular pasta anymore due to my husband being a diabetic. So hard to cook, but trying a new breakfast today.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hugging you and Kaia from afar and keeping you in my prayers. Sick fur babies have a way of stressing us out in ways we didn't realize was possible. I hope you don't get snow quite yet, just too early for your area. I wish I still had some garden plants, but when it turned here, it was so sudden that there was no hope. I'm relishing the last of the sauce I was able to make from the tomatoes. Your menu sounds perfect for cool fall evenings. Have a GREAT week.

Julieann said...

My heart and prayers are with you. I am so sorry about your Kaia. I am glad Kaia was able to find some peaceful sleep. I understand the worry and I hope things get better. The pictures you posted of Fall are beautiful and I completely agree with you about the color contrasts of colors. God can do some stunning work!!
xo
Gentle Hugs,
Julieann

Jean said...

Glad Kaia is on the mend! Hope you can settle your anxiety and find some peace now that you know she'll be okay. Love the contrasts in your fall photos. Hope you have a wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Sandra! I'm so happy to hear that Kaia is doing so much better. 🙏 And it sure sounds like you're getting nice cozy weather like here. It makes making out the Thanksgiving list a bit more fun to think those cozy thoughts, don't ya think? 😉 Blessings. xo