Thursday, November 03, 2022

{ Welcome November }

IMG_4265

 
I'm a few days late in welcoming the wonderful month of November.  I honestly thought that I was still in October, for some reason.

But alas, no, November is here in all it's beautiful Fall glory.

The days have gotten shorter, the mornings are filled with dew covered grass and ice on the windows, and dinner is being eaten in with the lights on.  I do so love the colder, darker days.

I have switched gears from the busyness of Summer to cold weather, which means, gathering fire wood, gathering pine cones from our huge tree out back, for decorations, starting the Thanksgiving meal plan and list......and pulling out some Christmas decorations.

IMG_4258

IMG_4259

 
I want to fill my days with homemaking, decorating, reading, cups of tea and coffee, and warm cookies straight from the oven.  I also want to keep sharing more here on the blog, so I am trying to come up with a few ideas, and then get them on paper and eventually on to here.
 
I also want to get a list of Christmas movies ready to watch.  Usually I start watching them on the 1st, but like I said above, I am a few days late.  But, I'm going to take a look through Hallmark and some other channels to see what is new, even though there are always the usual family favorites that get watched every year.
 
Christmas planning is also underway, more specifically gifts.  We're trying to keep it all on the light side this year, both in the holiday meals and in the gifts.  Curt and I have decided that we are only giving gifts to our kids this year, probably not even giving to each other.  We will see as we get closer to the date.

IMG_4260

IMG_4261

 
This weekend I need to get the back yard cleaned and the summer furniture and decorations put away.  We usually just pull it all under the covered patio, and cover with tarp.  However, I do need to give the patio a good sweep and hose down, before that happens.  

I find it easier to do these chores when the weather is not yet too cold.

Also need to fit in an oil change in my car, sometime on Saturday.  Anyone else sometimes find that their weekends are busier than the weekdays?  There are weeks that seem to slip from weekdays to weekends and back to weekdays before I even take a break.  But I guess we have to take it all in stride, and thank God for the blessing of living.

IMG_4262

IMG_4267

 
I am also trying to get through my book pile.  I feel that the minute I pick up one of my own to read, another bunch come in the mail for review, so I have a revolving book pile that never seems to end.  That's a good problem to have though, in my opinion.
 
I was just thinking that I need to find a new devotional for next year, because I like to get a new one either for Christmas or January, and low and behold, I receive one in the mail to review.
 

 
It looks really good, and since it's also a year long devotional, I think it may be my new devotional for 2023, along with another.  I don't know why, but I always have two devotionals going at the same time.  This year, I have been reading New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp and Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon.

I've had so many questions on Instagram about these two, especially the Paul David Tripp one, which if I may add, has to be my favorite devotional to date.  I'm linking both below for you, in case you're looking for some new ones to add to your collection.

New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp
Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon

If you have any devotionals that you love, or think I would enjoy too, please let me know in the comment section.

I am going to end this one here, as I need to run to base to pick up my Vitamin D from the pharmacy.  

I hope you are all well, and having a good start to your November.  Thank you for always stopping by, and leaving such sweet comments.  I do appreciate them all very much.

Have a blessed day friends,
Sandra

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello! We sound very similar in our love of home and cozy. I am also simplifying our holidays this year. It is hard for me to let go of some of the traditions we celebrated for so many years. My children are older now, and the time has come to switch gears. I am ok with that. I look forward to a quiet, cozy December. So, I am planning on getting and wrapping presents soon. I also made the decision to not send Christmas Cards out this year. I have for 25 years, since my oldest turned one! Now, I think I will send just a few to some very special people with a personalized note. Have a cozy evening!

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Nice to read this post. I hope to join the other challenge on Monday (Happy Homemaker Monday). Your photos are beautiful. Of course it is November here too ;-) But it is very strange to have such high temperatures this first week. We even sat outside and drank coffee, I knitted outside. That's not normal and I enjoyed it, although I know it's not a good sign. It's due to global warming.

I love to read about your books, reading and so on. I got 4 books from a mini library. I read them once when I was young. Now I'm going to read them again. That's great.

Although I'm a Christian, I've never decorated the house in December for Christmas. Yes, we attend a church service on that day. But no presents and no Christmas tree. When the kids were young, we gave presents at the beginning of the Christmas holidays. Maybe make up some new traditions for us together. Do you have an idea?

Oh, and do I understand correctly? Do you have Instagram? Please, how can I find your there? My name is foto.rieth on Insta

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such a beautiful post Sandra! And love the photos going with it. I'm with you enjoying cozy reflective anticipatory time during this month. I just did a 5 senses post today inspired by you actually. 😊 Have you ever seen the movie called Nativity? It's British and a little older. I had never seen it but Matt introduced me to it last year. Really cute. I hope you have a blessed weekend ahead. xoxo