Monday, July 10, 2023

{ Blog 365 #191 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/10/2023 }


 
Good morning friends, welcome back to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

I feel like I haven't been here in forever, it's almost like my blog is a part of my life that has stalled, and is waiting to get kicked back into gear.  How I wish I had the time and the motivation, to get it back on it's feet.

I actually thought about letting it go, thinking maybe it was time to put an end to it, after all these years, but I can't do it.  It's such a huge part of my life, and I really don't want to shut it down.  Guess I'll continue like this for the moment, and see where it leads me.  I sure miss it though.

Anyway, let's get on with our post for today. 

So, without any more delays, let's get going.

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
It's been hot with some pretty stormy weather too.  We actually had such a bad storm, a few days ago, that it flipped our pool and broke our huge pine tree in half.  It actually looks like a small tornado may have come through, from the damage to the huge tree, and the sound that it made before.  Just glad we are all safe.   
 
Monday -  Partly cloudy, 93
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 102
Wednesday - Sunny, 107
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 105
Friday - Mostly sunny, 103
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 100
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 98



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
My pool is still needing to be flipped back over, but we haven't had the time, as we've been getting ready for my brother in law.  He is returning from South Korea today, after 4 years abroad, and will be staying with us for the moment.        
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Getting this post up, doing laundry and video calling with Jasmine.       
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
About everything that is on my to do list today.  It's quite long, and to be honest, I don't feel like doing any of it.  Hahaha                


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
To my daughter talking.           

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I'm ok.  My lower back has been bugging me the past 2 days, even walking around the store yesterday, was painful.  I honestly have zero core strength.  If I stand for a while doing dishes, my lower back kills me.  If I sit on my bed or the couch for a bit, it hurts too, if I walk around the store for longer than 20 minutes, it starts becoming unbearable.  For goodness sakes.               
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Coffee and weetabix.       
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure, might do a salad or a smoothie, if it's really hot.         
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Arroz de Marisco....Seafood Rice and a salad.  
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Still in my black and white polka dot, nightgown.  Will change into some comfy shorts or a dress soon.                 

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible and our study plans for church.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Currently watching Kan Cicekleri, but should be done with it later today.  
Next will no doubt be another Turkish show.  Glad there are hundreds of them to watch.  
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Arroz de Marisco....Seafood Rice and a salad
Tuesday - Ono Barbecue Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday -  Spaghetti, Garlic bread  
Thursday - One Pot Gnocchi Chicken Pot Pie, Salad
Friday -  Garbage Bread
Saturday - Slow cooker Tuscan Chicken, Pasta
Sunday - Carne de Panela (Portuguese Beef Tips), Rice, Beans


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
I need to do some dusting today and some vacuuming too.                     
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
-  Laundry 
- Make sure guest room is ready
- Vacuum and dust
 
 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
“With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.” Psalm 18:29 (NIV)


10 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Your menu sounds absolutely delicious! I had heard the storms were pretty bad near you, glad your safe though. It sure has been a strange summer of weird weather so far. I hope you feel better and don't overdo preparing for your brother-in-law. Have a Blessed week my friend.

Daniela said...

Dearest Sandra,
I sincerely hope you make up your mind and will go on with this journal of yours, we happen, sometimes, to get tired of writing and think to be arrived to an end, but we cannot live without our blogs, they're truly part of us, as you wrote!
Enjoy your week
X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Cara said...

I understand feeling worn out with blogging. Take a break if you need it to recharge, but I sincerely hope you don't quit entirely as I'm quite inspired by your enthusiasm for homemaking. I'm joining up for the first time this week after discovering you last autumn but being too busy to participate until now.

Also, regarding your back: Take that seriously, ASAP. I didn't and eventually ruptured a disc and if you think you don't have time to exercise and do strength work now, you will really struggle after an injury AND your home and family will suffer along with you. This is not a thing to ignore. Said with gentle love and compassion!

Jackie See said...

Hello Sandra, Good morning from the Ozarks here in Southwest Missouri! It is going to be a hot day! Thank you for bloggging! ~jackiesee~

Mrs.T said...

I hope you will continue with blogging, Sandra! Perhaps your discouragement with this back pain is affecting your enthusiasm and energy.

I always enjoy your inspiring menus. And that verse at the end -- what a blessing and encouragement that is!

Deanna said...

Blessings to you and all the best. As for that back...after I had a flu shot a few years ago, it went straight to my back causing horrific back pain when I stood. Ten minutes of standing was the limit when the paralyzing pain started. I put up with it a half a year or so and went to the doc who sent me to a physical therapist. These back strengthening exercises are on the internet. Maybe check them out and consider doing them at home without a therapist? I improved. The pain lessened. So very sorry for the discomfort. I know it's awful. God bless.

A Runners Mom & More said...

Please don't give up! Because of your 'Blog 365' challenge, I've posted more this year than ever before.

Luludou said...

I'm with you on the 0 core strength.. I know, I know I should exercise.. but for now it is painful when I stand too long too. How fun to have your brother-in-law back after 4 years!! Enjoy

Jean said...

I'm glad you're still going with your blog! I'd miss it so much, sounds like you are also in the middle of a busy season. Hope your new week is off at a wonderful start!

Stacy said...

Wow its going to be very hot in your neck of the woods! That's very exiting that your brother in law will be home after so much time! I think the heat destroys our motivation to do so much! I hope you get back into your blogging grove soon. It's what I'm working on as well! Thanks for hosting as always, have a beautiful week!