Monday, July 03, 2023

{ Blog 365 #184 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/03/2023 }

 
 
 
Good morning everyone, hope you're having a blessed long 4th of July weekend!  
 
I'm getting ready for a barbecue tomorrow, so lots to do around here.  I actually almost forgot it was Monday.  Hahaha   Glad I remembered in time to come and post our Happy Homemaker Monday!
 
So, without any more delays, let's get going.
 
Oh, and thank you so much for being so patient with me, I know I've been the worst blogger lately, but I'm trying to get adapted to this new chapter in our lives, it hasn't been very easy, so I've pulled back from social media a bit, to try and get my thoughts in order.
 
Have a blessed week, sweet ladies, and thank you for always being here, even when I'm not.  I want you all to know that I appreciate you and your friendship. ♥♥♥
 
 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Hot, and more hot.  We've had to turn on sprinklers for our chickens because the heat is unbearable. 
 
Monday -  Partly cloudy, 99
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 100
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, 102
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 94
Friday - Mostly sunny, 100
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 104
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 105



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
Very bright and sunny outside.  Will definitely be a hot day.      
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Working on this post, while working on plans for tomorrow's barbecue.     
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
About the barbecue.  Also, my brother in law is supposed to return back home to the States, after a few years working overseas in South Korea.  So, we are preparing for that too, and getting the guest room in order.              


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Some Turkish music in the background, and the window air conditioner.         

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Actually slept well last night, so I'm doing wonderful this morning.             
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Coffee and toast.              
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure yet.       
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Lulas de Caldeirada....Calamari Stew.  
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Pajamas still, being kind of lazy this morning.  I will change into a sundress soon though.                

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible and our study plans for church.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
More of my Turkish shows. 
Currently watching Kimse Bilmez (Nobody Knows)
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Calamari stew, salad
Tuesday - Barbecue - Ribs, burgers, brats, macaroni salad, potato salad, greek salad, strawberry pretzel dessert
Wednesday -  Crockpot Tuscan Chicken, Rice  
Thursday - Oven Chili Dogs, Homemade Fries
Friday
Saturday -
Sunday -


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
I actually have nothing much to do around the house.  Aside from the usual daily chores, the house is clean and tidy.                    
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
-  Laundry 
- Plan barbecue
- Make macaroni salad and strawberry pretzel dessert for tomorrow
 
 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
This Sunday we talked about Barnabas and Paul.....more specifically about the transformation from Saul to Paul.  It is one of my favorites in the Bible.
 
Very often, people tend to not understand why God would work through certain people.  Some people seem to corrupt, too evil and too damaged to ever be used by God.  But that is where the mistake comes in, because He often takes those most broken and turns them into some of His biggest, toughest warriors.
 
The fact that Saul wanted to kill Christians, and then became not only a mentor but such an important figure for Christianity as we see it today, is a shining example of why we should never stray, or think that we are insignificant or not wanted, or not needed.  
 
There have been times in my life where I thought, God surely could not be interested in me.  Why would he bother, when there are people out there who are stronger in faith, stronger in their path with Him?
 
But it's in those moments that He has reached out His hand further, grabbed me, pulled me in and taught me some very valuable lessons.  He has strategically placed me in the path of people who needed to hear a word, a positive encouragement, or just needed to see His magnificence through my own life.
 
I'm so blessed, so incredibly blessed.  You are too.  Don't ever turn your back on someone because you think they are not worthy of God's love.  Those people are often the ones who will impact you the most, who will change the world, and make a difference.  Remember that! 



7 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh I bet setting up the guest room will be fun to do. Have fun with your BBQ.

threesidesofcrazy said...

ABSOLUTELY adore (and agree) with your devotional this morning! Well said! Have a very HAPPY 4th and enjoy the BBQ, but stay as cool as you can and have a GREAT week,

Mrs.T said...

Have a wonderful 4th and enjoy your BBQ! Thanks for hosting.

Jean said...

Transitions to those new chapters can be so tough. Thinking of you as you adjust. I'm sure your Fourth of July celebration and food will be fabulous! Hope you have a wonderful holiday and week ahead! Thank you for always hosting this link up, one of my all time favorites.

Luludou said...

Enjoy your 4th of July celebrations and family-time

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Have a wonderful July 4th Friend! Always love this time here with you. ;) Blessings. xoxo

Deanna said...

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!