Monday, July 24, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/24/2023 }


 
Good morning sweetest ladies, how are you all doing?
 
I just sat down at my desk, with a hot cup of tea, and ready to get on with this post.  It's another hot day here in Texas, with yet another Heat advisory.  We've had heat advisories pretty much daily for the past 3 weeks, and for this woman who is starting to have a few hot flashes, it is not pleasant at all.  My word!!
 
I want to thank you all for the comments left on last week's post.  It warms my heart to know that even though Blog 365 didn't go to plan, it did inspire so many to post more on their blogs.  For that alone I am very thankful.  
 
I know I don't say it often, but you all have such a special place in my heart.  Please don't think that by me not coming by to visit or not commenting, that I don't think of you all or keep you in my prayers, because I do.  I am hoping to get to a point in my life where I am able to post more again, visit and comment and really engage with you all.  I'm leaving it in God's hands, He knows how much I love my blog and how much I enjoy sharing with you, so in His time, I will be back full time blogging.
 
Anyway, let's move right on with our post for today.
 
Have a blessed week my sweet ladies ♥
 
 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Scorching heat, too hot. 
 
Monday -  Plentiful sunshine, 106
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 107
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 107
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 105
Friday - Mostly sunny, 104
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 103
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 104



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
Our pool continues flipped over.  We haven't had a chance to get to it, but I need to do it this week.  I desperately need the pool right now, it's far too hot.    
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting at my desk, drinking my tea and working on this post.         
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
In two weeks, my stepmom arrives from South Africa for a month.  In three weeks, we have a family reunion at my house.  There's a lot to do and plan. 


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Desert Music Playlist on Youtube.              

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I'm well, just a bit tired.  Sleep has been getting worse for me and I know it's all due to hormones, but I would love a full night's sleep where I go to bed, and don't wake up until the morning. 
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Had coffee at 5am, and right now I'm having a hot cup of milky tea, and a panini ham and cheese sandwich.         
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure, it's hot, so probably a salad of some kind, or some yogurt with fruit and granola. 
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Gnocchi Bolognese, Garlic Bread, Salad.  
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Dark blue summer dress, with tiny red flowers as a pattern.                   

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Watching Kalp Yarasi on Youtube, another fantastic Turkish show. 

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Gnocchi Bolognese, Garlic Bread, Salad
Tuesday - Chicken Kebabs, Lentil Salad
Wednesday -  Pork Chops, Basmati Rice, Kabocha Squash   
Thursday - Shrimp Garlic Pasta, Foccaccia
Friday - Bacon Spaghetti, Salad
Saturday - Grilled Bratwurst, Cretan Zucchini in Tomato Sauce
Sunday - Bifes de Cebolada, Rice, Antalya Bean Salad


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
I need to give it a good clean today.                 
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Take out ground beef for dinner
- Clean house
- Start planning reunion

 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
“Don't be discouraged today, no matter how alone you feel, you've been blessed with the Father's love.” New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


11 comments:

Mrs.T said...

Your menus always are inspiring and sound so delicious. My house needs a good cleaning too -- not sure when that's going to happen! Thanks for hosting!

Cara said...

I agree, that heat is too much! Good luck with all your houseguest preparations!

Elisha said...

I feel the same about not having enough time to interact with my blog. I always try to remember that life is a series of seasons and right now it's a very busy season. A quieter time will come and I'll be able to devote more time to blogging. I hope you also get some relief from the heat soon.

Stacy said...

Your weekly meal plans are always so amazing! Seems like you have a very busy few weeks ahead! I hope that you get some cooler days soon! We finally got our pool up and running and my kids have enjoyed it, I still haven't had a pool day, but I need one soon! I hope your party planning goes well! I know the menu will be to die for :) Thanks so much for hosting!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I'm so glad you have family coming! I hope you have a beautiful week, my friend!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Dearest Sandra! Please know the love flows right back to you. ;) Also, how exciting about your step Mom and the reunion!! Please try not to stress too much, or put too much on yourself. Delegate to those loved ones a bit too. 😉 Blessings. xoxo

Jean said...

How exciting to have family coming over and a family reunion to look forward to! Your weather makes our 99-100 temps expected this week feel a little wimpy, LOL. Hope you get your pool fixed up right and have a wonderful week!

Perfectly Imperfect - Life with Lyndsey said...

I need to clean my house too! It's getting a little out of hand with all the summer "to-do's". I spend most of my time outside in the summer. Unfortunately, my deck ambitions got destroyed today when I had detectives show up in bullet proof vests to survey a house next door.

Luludou said...

My dream - a full night's sleep! Enjoy your time with your mom & family.

Pamela said...

Oh my goodness, Sandra, those temperatures!! You really do need your pool.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sure hope you see some heat relief soon! Been toasty here, but not too bad at all - did see a funny today that showed being snowed in and reminding us it's only 17 weeks away. Planning a family reunion must be taking a lot of time - hope it goes well and you have fun. Have a blessed week my friend.