Monday, July 17, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/17/2023 }

 

 
Well, this post is going up super late, later than it's ever gone up.  In my defense, I spent my entire morning dealing with prescriptions, base hospital pharmacies and running around trying to fix something that ended up not being an issue to begin with.
 
If you know military pharmacies, you will understand, and recently ours switched to a new national system, which has just caused so much unnecessary craziness.  I am finally home, and now able to get going with our Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
You may also have noticed that I removed the Blog 365.  I think it's pointless to try and keep going for me, I have fallen behind about 3 weeks now, and don't have the time to go back and fill in for each day.  I'm slightly annoyed with myself over this, but I did tell myself from the get go that it may not work, and if it doesn't, not to get upset about it.  So I'll call it a good effort!
 
Anyway, without further delay, let's get this post up.
 
Hope you're all having a wonderful Monday!

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
We've been in excessive heat for the past 2 weeks.  I am DONE!  We are under another advisory today, from noon until tomorrow night.  Yeah, so done.
 
Monday -  Sunny and Hot, 104
Tuesday - Sunny, 110
Wednesday - Sunny, 109
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 104
Friday - Partly cloudy, 98
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 93
Sunday - Sunny, 97



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
Bright green grass, dark blue sky and horrible heat.  You can see the heat waves, that's how hot it is.         
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting at my desk and finally getting this post up.         
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
That I would love to get in the pool right now, but it's not yet ready.  Ugh!                  


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Latino music.             

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Ok, it's that week of the month ago.  That should tell you all you need to know.  Hahaha                 
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Had coffee and toast.       
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Just had some taquitos, all I could manage when I got home.           
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Steaks on the grill and garlic friesArroz de Marisco....Seafood Rice and a salad.  
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Black tank top and black capri workout pants.                   

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible and our study plans for church.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
You guys, I have a problem......I know I told you I was in love with Turkish shows, but it's gone beyond.  I can't watch anything else.  I am so happy that there are hundreds of these to watch, cause I would seriously cry.  Hahahah
 
Currently watching Ask Laftan Anlamaz.

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Steaks on the grill, Garlic Fries
Tuesday - Slow cooker Tuscan Chicken, Pasta
Wednesday -  Pot Roast, Potatoes, Salad   
Thursday - *Grocery Shopping*
Friday
Saturday -
Sunday -


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
It's quiet.               
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Base pharmacy
- Clean house

 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
“May the righteous be glad and rejoice before God;  may they be happy and joyful.” Psalm 68:3


14 comments:

Luludou said...

Glad you got the pharmacy problems fixed. I'm quite tired of the heat too! yay for Fall ;) Have a great week

Aritha Vermeulen said...

πŸ“šπŸ’– I enjoyed reading your blog post. It seems we all struggle with things that sometimes don't work out, hinder us, or disappoint us. Sending lots of love from the Netherlands. It's finally a bit cooler here. ☀️😎 I wish I could bring you some cooler weather, but it's not going to work out. Maybe a foot bath would help. πŸŒŠπŸ’¦

Joanna Unbehaun said...

It's okay if we don't always do *all* the things, my friend! We're only human after all.

Schotzy said...

I quit complaining about our low 90's. Th is is such a crazy weather pattern. and those fires in Canada are mind blowing!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! We'll take you whenever we can get you. πŸ’— I feel. so much for your terribly warm weather. Sending nice cool breeze and freezing lake thoughts from the north down your way dear Friend! Sorry about the pharmacy headaches too. ugh! Blessings on the rest of your week ahead. xo

threesidesofcrazy said...

Having just gone through prescription issues along the same lines and the same reasons I FEEL your pain! And you're right IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN ISSUE TO BEGIN WITH!!!!! I hope you don't have any black outs with the extreme heat and that it cools off soon. There's always next year for the BLOG 365 idea. The one thing in life we know for certain is that we need to be flexible. Have a wonderful week my friend.

Jean said...

I think a lot of us posted more than we would have if not for your Blog 365 idea but life tends to get in the way sometimes. Glad you aren't getting too upset that it didn't work out. Maybe it could be modified to simply blog 65? Sixty five days in a less busy season? I don't know. Sorry you are still getting the awful heat. Hope it cools down a bit soon and you have a great rest of your week!

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

Allways something else to to than a clean house

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Glad you got your pharmacy issues figured out. Changes can be a struggle with some businesses. Have a great week.

Mrs.T said...

It's been insanely hot and humid here too. And rain. So much rain!

I always am inspired by your menu plans. Thanks for hosting!

Daniela said...

My dear Sandra, Jean is absolutely right. I am one of the people whose life you changed through your idea of Blog365. Tomorrow will be the 200th day and I already have 281 posts since the beginning of the year so far. Do you know how many posts I had in the year 2022? 53! I've practically resumed blogging thanks to you and the Blog 365 challenge. Thank you so much!

Daniela said...

Besides, thanks to you and this challenge, I met people from all over the world.
What I regret is that I don't get to comment more often; this is also because of the English language barrier. But, I'm working on it! :))) I've been learning English every day for exactly... 336 days.

Deanna said...

Blessings to you and it is alright to be human after all we are, aren't we? I get into trouble when I strive to be super human. Can't do it anymore.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

We missed you earlier. But life happens and you move on. The weather is all anyone is talking about now and we are praying for rain this weekend. Everything is so dry. Have a great week πŸ˜€