Monday, February 12, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/12/2024

 

Good morning ladies, and a very happy Monday to you.  welcome back to another Happy Homemaker Monday.  
 
We woke up to some snow on the ground, not much at all and definitely not sticking as it's already melting, but nonetheless, I did enjoy seeing it.  
 
I had a bit of a busy weekend, Saturday we helped Jasmine move into her new apartment, and Sunday we were over at my brother's house for his birthday.  Feels like we didn't get much time to relax at all, so next weekend, Curt already said we are doing nothing and going nowhere  Hahahah  

I have another week filled with projects and the never ending wallpaper removal, which seems to take forever, but it will be done.

Anyway, let's get going, I wish you all a very blessed week!

 
 *** The Weather *** 
Another week of mild temperatures, which I'm very happy about because our gas prices have gone up and I am keeping the central heating turned off as much as possible.   
 
Monday - Sunny, 52
Tuesday - Sunny, 64
Wednesday - Sunny, 69
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 63
Friday- Mostly cloudy, 56
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 49
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 59
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Working on this post, while listening to Julie Green on the TV.        
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
That I need to write a to do list, so I can check it off as I go.  The closer I get to menopause, the more my memory is bugging out.  My doctor had told me about this, but I am now seeing it for myself and my goodness.     
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm doing well, I am down 12 pounds and still going strong.        
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
Cup of coffee with milk and stevia.  Bowl of shredded wheat.    
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Keto Avocado Bread (avocado, egg, cheese) with lettuce and egg salad
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Sloppy Joes with Baked Potato Wedges for the family, and mixed veggies for me.  I'll make some homemade hamburger buns for the family, and I'll mine with a 90 second Microwave Low Carb Keto Bread.     
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
Will be working on the new meal plan throughout the week, so as always I have meals until Thursday.
 
Monday
Breakfast - Cup of coffee with milk and stevia.  Bowl of shredded wheat.
Lunch - Keto Avocado Bread (avocado, egg, cheese) with lettuce and egg salad
Dinner - Sloppy Joes with Baked Potato Wedges (mixed veggies and keto bun for me) 
Tuesday 
Breakfast - Oatmeal with cinnamon and honey
Lunch - Steamed Broccoli and tuna
Dinner - Slow Cooker Beef Ramen Noodles, Lentil Salad  
Wednesday 
Breakfast - Paleo Pumpkin Waffles
Lunch - Greek Yogurt with walnuts and blueberries
Dinner - Grilled Turmeric Chicken, Brown Rice and Black Beans 
Thursday 
Breakfast - Wholewheat toast with cottage cheese
Lunch - Chicken Salad with leftover chicken from dinner
Dinner - Wholewheat Linguine with Clam Sauce, Salad
Friday
Breakfast -
Lunch - 
Dinner -
Saturday 
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Sunday
Breakfast - 
Lunch -
Dinner -

 
*** What I am wearing *** 
Pajamas right now, but will get dressed soon.  Most likely my usual homemaking uniform, leggins and a tshirt. 
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
The Tale of Hilltop Farm by Susan Wittig Albert 
Secrets of a Hutterite Kitchen by Mary-Ann Kirkby
Also have some books coming in from Thrift Books, so can't wait to get those.

 
*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs  
Turkish shows - Hudutsuz Sevda, Ruzgarli Tepe, Bir Sevdadir 
Netflix - The Pacific
Amazon Prime - Belgravia
Amazon Firestick - Sisi Season 3
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
Just need to do the usual Monday morning clean and tidy.    
 
 
 *** To do list *** 
Start meal plan and grocery list
Daily homemaking chores
Iron a pile of clothes
Continue removing wallpaper

 
 
*** From the camera *** 
I've missed my period dramas and have really been enjoying catching back up.   
 

 
*** What I am crocheting ***
Currently making a Nordic Blanket and loving every row and every stitch.  I have never been eager to follow a patter with a graph, just found it easier to read the instructions or follow a youtube video, but I decided to just dive into it.  I love it, and every row I create brings forth a new design.
 


 

 
 *** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Faith isn't natural for us.  Doubt is, fear is, and pride is, but faith in the words and works of another isn't, and for that there's grace.   
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp -

8 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I tried a 90 second English muffin recipe with almond flour. It turned out terrible. I was looking forward to it too, but nope. I hope your recipe works out. Have a great week.

Luludou said...

The crocheted blanket is beautiful. Good work on the weight loss. Hope Jasmine loves her new place. Have a great week

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

The memory thing hits us all. Have a great week 😀

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Use my second link up, as the first one is not working and I don't know how to remove it.

Katerinas Blog said...

Looks like you're gearing up for a great week! Very nice post! Have a beautiful week!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sorry I'm a little late this week my Friend. I never thought I'd see the day we have no snow and you got a little! Lol
Happy bday to your Bro and how exciting for Jasmine!! ;) No wonder Curt needs a rest. Lol
That blanket is SO pretty!! I love nordic anything! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Blessings. xo

Sherry Jolly said...

I have been in menopause for a full year - and I tell you what, it is NOT fun. The hormones have kick-started my anxiety, which was pretty well under control for 15 years. Of course, I hate the hot flashes. I also hate the exhaustion, mood swings, and all of the other things it brings with it. HOWEVER - it is nice, very nice, not to have certain monthly visitors any longer.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hope your wall paper removal has gone well this week and you had some time to work on that great blanket!