Monday, February 19, 2024

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/19/2024 }

 

Good morning everyone, happy Monday.  How was your weekend?  
 
You know I completely forgot today was a holiday?  I asked my husband why he wasn't going to bed early last night and he looked at me like I had grown two heads.  Hahahah   Perimenopause brain IS a thing!
 
Anyway, good morning, I hope you all have a wonderful President's Day and a blessed week ahead.
 
I'm not going to take up anymore time, let's just get right on with our post for today.  
 

 
 *** The Weather *** 
We've had pretty nice weather until this weekend, then we were hit with a cold front and temperatures in the 20's.  This week however it's going back up.  Crazy weather, I keep saying it but it bears repeating.     
 
Monday - Sunny, 66
Tuesday - Sunny, 77
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 81
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 70
Friday- Mostly cloudy, 67
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 72
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 77
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
I was lying down on my bed, enjoying this slow morning, and watching some vlogs on Youtube.  Then I realized it was Monday morning and not Sunday, so I jumped up to get started on this post.          
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
Nothing in particular.  I do have a doctors appointment on Friday afternoon, to go discuss my Triglycerides and nutrition etc.  I'll also be talking to my doctor about my arthritis.       
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Doing good still, my weight has paused now at 12 pounds, I did have a cheat day yesterday where I ate some homemade flatbread pizza and some blueberry cobbler.  I have been so good for a month, but you know we're all allowed a little cheat day right?  Today it's back at it, with no sugar and low carb etc.  
 
I will say, since cutting out all the processed, junk food, I have never slept better.  Isn't it crazy how food can affect your sleep?
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I've only had a cup of coffee so far, I do need to eat something as my stomach is rumbling, but not  sure what.     
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Keto Avocado Bread (will try to remember to take a picture so I can share it on the food blog, which needs serious updating), with ham and cheese. 
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Torta de Frango sem massa (Chicken Pie with no crust), Sauteed Squash.     
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
 
Monday
Breakfast - Cup of coffee, Creamy oatmeal
Lunch - Keto Avocado Bread with ham and cheese
Dinner - Torta de Frango sem massa (Chicken Pie with no crust), Sauteed Squash 
Tuesday 
Breakfast - Wholewheat Toast with Cottage cheese
Lunch - Steamed Broccoli and tuna
Dinner - Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry with Brown Rice, Salad  
Wednesday 
Breakfast - Shredded Wheat
Lunch - Greek Yogurt with walnuts and blueberries
Dinner - Greek Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Cabbage 
Thursday 
Breakfast - Creamy oatmeal
Lunch - Tuna Chickpea Salad with boiled egg, onion, tomato and olive oil
Dinner - Chicken Shawarma Bowls, Salad
Friday
Breakfast - Scrambled Egg with spinach
Lunch - Yogurt with fruit
Dinner - Homemade Pizza
Saturday 
Breakfast -Wholewheat Toast with Strawberry Jam
Lunch - Salad
Dinner - Seafood Curry
Sunday
Breakfast - oatmeal
Lunch - Turkey wrap
Dinner - Chicken Cacciatore, Brown pasta and lentil salad

 
*** What I am wearing *** 
As usual, still in my pajamas.  Not sure what I'll change into.   
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
The Tale of Hilltop Farm by Susan Wittig Albert 
Secrets of a Hutterite Kitchen by Mary-Ann Kirkby

 
*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs  
Turkish shows - Hudutsuz Sevda, Ruzgarli Tepe, Bir Sevdadir, Gelin, Uc Kiz Kardes 
Netflix - The Pacific
Amazon Prime - Belgravia
Amazon Firestick - Sisi Season 3
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar
TVI Portugal - Cacau
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
The house is clean and tidy because I gave it a good clean yesterday, so I don't really have much to do, other than the usual daily tasks that go with keeping a home running.      
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Daily homemaking chores
Iron some clothes
Continue removing wallpaper - I was so busy last week that I ended up not doing any
Workout
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
When we lived in Idaho, after Curt retired from the Air Force in 2012, he worked for a short time at a thrift store.  If you've followed me for a while, you'll remember that.  One of the purchases he made for me, was this electric slicer, it was $5 and oh my goodness, it has been one of the best purchases ever.  To this day I use it.     

IMG_5638

 
 
*** What I am crocheting ***
I have finished part 2 of the Nordic Mosaic Blanket, and like I said last week, I am loving every row.  It's such a pleasure to work on, and it's amazing seeing it come together.  The first part were the Hygge crosses, and the second were angels.  How sweet is this looking already?
 
Today I'll be starting part 3 which is the Nordic Snowflake. 
 
IMG_5671
 
  IMG_5670

 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
When hardship comes your way, will you tell yourself it's a tool of God's grace and a sign of his love, or will you give in to doubting his goodness?     
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp -


7 comments:

Jodi said...

I love your nordic blanket! And your menu for the week sounds yummy! Happy Monday!

Luludou said...

Keep up the good health work - goals. The blanket is beautiful.

Have a good day and enjoy your vacation day

Katerinas Blog said...

The post is very interesting, I also like the crochet and the tulips thanks for sharing. Good Week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I love a good bargin. I am looking for a new bread machine. Have a great week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! Good for you keeping up on your healthy path. But yes, cheat days are absolutely necessary. ;)
I am positively in LOVE with that blanket!!! It is awesome!! I think it's my favorite thing I've ever seen you make so far.💕
Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

Marissa said...

bumped into your blog by accident and i love it..

GrammaGrits said...

Paying your hands are (not is) osteoarthritis!!!