Monday, February 05, 2024

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/05/2024


Good morning ladies, welcome back to another Happy Homemaker Monday.  
 
I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and I wish you a very blessed week ahead.
 
I have a ton of projects to get done around here, and I'm running a little behind today, so I'll jump right in and get going. 
 
 
 
 *** The Weather *** 
We're enjoying very nice temperatures, I would say just perfect actually.  But I know Texas, and we always get a bad storm at the end of February, so we will see. 
 
Monday - Cloudy, 61
Tuesday - Cloudy, 65
Wednesday - Cloudy, 66
Thursday - Sunny, 70
Friday- Partly cloudy, 68
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 66
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 54
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Sitting on my bed as always, while I work on this post.  I need to get up right after, get dressed and get started with my busy homemaking day.      
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
About the projects I need to do this week, or at least get started on.  One I will finish today, the other, which is the hallway wallpaper removal and painting, will take me the whole week.   
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm feeling good, I am now down 10 pounds.  I did have a cookie this weekend, and I will say I didn't enjoy it at all.      
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I've had my cup of coffee this morning, with just milk and a splash of vanilla extract.  I will go have some oatmeal here soon.  
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Chickpea Tuna salad. 
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs, Salad, Brown rice and Black Beans.     
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
 
 
Monday
Breakfast - Instant Pot Creamy Oatmeal with coconut and cinnamon
Lunch - Chickpea Tuna Salad
Dinner - Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs, Salad, Brown rice and Black Beans  
Tuesday 
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with spinach and tomato
Lunch - Wholewheat Toast with half an avocado
Dinner - Turkey Cabbage Rolls, Steamed Broccoli  
Wednesday 
Breakfast - Paleo Pumpkin Waffles
Lunch - Greek Yogurt with walnuts and blueberries
Dinner - Sausages in Tomato Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Salad 
Thursday 
Breakfast - Instant Pot Creamy Oatmeal with coconut and cinnamon
Lunch - Wholewheat Toast with Sardines in Tomato Sauce
Dinner - Calamari Stew, Salad
Friday
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs
Lunch - 
Dinner -
Saturday 
Breakfast - Instant Pot Creamy Oatmeal with coconut and cinnamon
Lunch - Coffee, Wholewheat Crackers
Dinner - Sloppy Joes, Fries (Sweet Potato Fries for me)
Sunday
Breakfast -  2 Ingredient Waffles (Egg, peanut butter)
Lunch - Asian Beef Wraps
Dinner - Instant Pot Baked Ziti, Garlic Bread, Salad

 
*** What I am wearing *** 
Will put on some black leggins and a tshirt since I'm working in the pantry today.
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
The Tale of Hilltop Farm by Susan Wittig Albert 
Secrets of a Hutterite Kitchen by Mary-Ann Kirkby


 
*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs  
Turkish shows - Hudutsuz Sevda, Esaret, Ruzgarli Tepe, Bir Sevdadir 
Netflix - The Pacific
Period dramas 
Sisi Season 3
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
Just the usual need for tidying after a weekend. My niece, her husband and kids came over yesterday for a coffee, and her youngest Dalton is 2.  He always has a ton of fun playing without our Kaia, so he throws all her toys for her to catch.  I have quite a pile up in my hallway to clean up.   
 
 
 *** To do list *** 
Pantry floor has been replaced, will show pictures in tomorrow's post, but now I am putting down some paper on the shelves
Vacuum living spaces and wash living room carpet
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
Just to show you the problem we encountered under the hallway carpets.  We had to replace the sub floor damage before putting down the new flooring. 
 

 
 
 *** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
God will not rest from his redemptive work until he has once and for all presided over the funeral of sin and death. 
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp -
 


9 comments:

A Runners Mom & More said...

My Mr has been working at wallpaper removal too...down to picking out paint color & crown molding for the bathroom. Have a Great Week...Don't work to hard.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You are lucky you do not have to replace floor joists. We had to rip out our entire living room floor, replace joists and sub floor. Same with the smaller bathroom and half the kitchen. Have a great week.

Katerinas Blog said...

Today and here it was wonderful weather (Greece) to enjoy these days while doing the duklias you should. Useful information! Thanks!

Jean said...

Sounds like you have quite a bit going on over there. Always nice to get projects underway and finished. We're having great weather also but I'm also keeping in mind that February is usually our coldest month here. Hope you have a great week!

Aritha V. said...

Pleasure to read your blog and thanks for hosting. It's so nice to visit you and all the others. Have a great day.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Awesome job with the getting healthy dear Sandra! 👏🏻 I bet you feel great! And wow, what a job to tackle with the floors...but I bet you will be loving them once they're done. :) Enjoy those temps - they look amazing! But hopefully storms stay away!! Blessings on your week. xo

Luludou said...

Oh my! good thing you got to that hallway floor before it got worse. So proud of you for taking care of your health.
Have a great week

Lieneke van Vuuren said...

I see you are watching Turkish series. On Sunday I watched 'Mucise' with my family, a beautiful Turkish film, I'm curious if you already know and have seen it. I couldn't keep it dry :)
(sorry for my English, I'm Dutch)

Jodi said...

Congrats on losing 10 pounds!! Oh the joys of home repairs. Have a great week!