Monday, April 15, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/15/2024

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Good morning ladies, and a very happy Monday to you all.  
 
It is a cloudy, dreary morning, and even though I love Spring and Summer weather, I really enjoy a dark rainy day too.  
 
I have a lot of cleaning to do today, as is always the case after the weekend.  I know some people don't like Mondays but I am one of the few that actually loves them.  The start to a new week, the chance to start fresh, renew, change our attitude and perspectives.  I always see it as a reset.  
 
So I'm going to get this post up, and move on with my day, so that I may get everything done that I need to, and still enjoy some time to relax and do the things I enjoy, such as crocheting, reading, or watching a tv show.
 
I hope you all have a blessed week friends.
 

 
 
*** The Weather *** 
We are definitely in the season for thunderstorms and sometimes severe weather.  I don't enjoy this time of year, but I've learned to move through it with prayer, and not let it scare me.  We have quite a few storms in the coming weeks. 
 
Monday - Scattered thunderstorms, 80
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 87
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, 86
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 91
Friday- Cloudy, 65
Saturday - Thunderstorms, 59
Sunday - Mostly cloudy, 63
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Sat in bed, typing up this post while listening to Julie Green on TV.           
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
My Nick turned 21 last Thursday, the 11th, and my Jasmine turns 25 in two weeks, on the 25th.  I definitely feel old, goodness.       
 
Other thought....yesterday I decided to have a cheat day, which I haven't done in 3 months.  I ate carbs, which was one hot cross bun with a little butter, and I had some cake.  It was a pound cake, so I guess slightly better than a cake full of frosting......but.....I have now confirmed that I am pretty much done with carbs, or at least, lots of carbs like I used to eat in one day.  
 
Within a few hours of eating those, I was exhausted, and that is exactly how I used to feel before this change in diet, constantly exhausted, run out, and just wanted to lay around and nap.  It's crazy how food affects your body.       
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Much better this morning, and ready to get cracking on with a good week ahead of healthy, clean eating and hopefully getting rid of the nasty carbs I ingested yesterday.  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
Just had a cup of coffee with almond milk.  For breakfast I will have a Keto Waffle Sandwich with just ham. 

 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Tuna Salad with Chickpeas and boiled egg.      
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Pita bowl, steamed broccoli. 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
 
Monday
Pita bowl, steamed broccoli
Tuesday 
Turkey Meatballs, Brown Rice (Cauliflower rice for me), Salad   
Wednesday 
Butter chili crisp pasta, Garlic Bread (I will have a small serving of the pasta and will make myself keto garlic bread) 
Thursday
Chicken Florentine, Polenta (leftover pasta for my son who hates anything corn or polenta), Garlic Spinach
Friday
Cauliflower Veggie Pizza, and Cauliflower Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Saturday
Slow Cooker Thai Veggie Curry, Brown Rice
Sunday
Moroccan Fish, Quinoa and Salad



*** What I am wearing *** 
Summer nightgown, it's been really hot here lately.  Will put on a dress for the day.    

 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Exodus in the Bible 
Finishing The Return of the Gods by Jonathan Cahn
Venetia by Georgette Heyer



*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Ruzgarli Tepe, Gelin, Kara Agac Destani
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar
 

 
*** Looking around the house *** 
It needs a good clean and tidy up.  Weekends are usually spent doing yard work which means people are in and out constantly, bringing in dust.  Then you mix in some rainy weather and a puppy and you have muddy paws.  Ugh!!!!
 
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Usual homemaking - dishes, carpet cleaning, laundry
Bible and Devotional time
Reading time
Crochet time

 
 
*** From the camera *** 
I took some pictures during the solar eclipse.  I set my camera to a delayed shutter and then shot off a few pics at a time, during the different phases.  I then decided to create a composite showing the eclipse from start to finish.
 
What a gorgeous creation God has done for us.  Just look at this amazing sight below.  Truly magnificent to see. 
 


 
*** What I am crocheting or sewing ***
Am now finishing off the last 2 rows of Part 4, finalllyyyyyy.  Will start on Part 5 tomorrow.  Yes I know I haven't shown you the progress, but I promise I will take a picture later after I finish the fourth part so you can see.   If you follow me on Instagram, I did share a quick snap of it on my stories, so you will have seen it there.
 
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Since my word for spiritual help is so great, the Bible teaches that I need the daily intervention of the body of Christ. - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


6 comments:

Magazine da Dê said...

Good Morning... I love monday too. Have a nice day

threesidesofcrazy said...

WOW>I LOVE what you did with the eclipse photos! Hubby loves the thunderstorm time of year there (as long as it's just rain and thunder - no tornadoes), but he was almost as bad as the pups creating the in and out muddy mess! I hope the upcoming storms aren't too bad. Have a GREAT week my friend.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I forgot to ask - did you see my email?

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Happy Monday! We had storms too with No power for 12 hours. Just another Spring day.

Luludou said...

Gorgeous eclipse pictures. Enjoy your Monday and the rest of the week.

Sherry Jolly said...

What an amazing photograph(s)! It's true—I'm not sure how anyone can see something like that and not believe in God!

I can't believe 25 and 21!!!! Mine are now 27, 25, and 24.