Monday, April 01, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/01/2024

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Good morning everyone, welcome back to my blog.  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend with your families.
 
I had a pretty busy week last week, so the posts I wanted to get up, ended up not making it to the blog.  Hopefully this week is different.  
 
We are officially on baby chick watch.  Our beautiful girl Puffy, has been trying to hatch eggs for 20 days, tomorrow will be 21.  She has 4 eggs under her, we've been removing the others as our Penny lays them, and even had to mark the ones Puffy has been sitting on, so we don't get confused.
 
This is all very new to us, so we are just blindly following the progress, but it's such a wonderful blessing to witness creation at it's best.  I'll definitely keep you updated.
 
Now, let's get on with our post for today.
 
I wish you all a very blessed week!
 
 
 
 *** The Weather *** 
It is cloudy and pretty dark today.  I think we're expecting some more rain later on.  It's definitely been a year of rain already, which is very much welcome after the drought we had 2 years ago, and the spotty rain the previous year. 
 
Monday - Scattered thunderstorms, 80
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 59
Wednesday - Sunny, 74
Thursday - Sunny, 73
Friday- Mostly sunny, 80
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 76
Sunday - Sunny, 75
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Working on this post and listening to a video on the TV.       
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
Nothing in particular, aside from the fact that I did have some cake yesterday and a hot cross bun, and feel absolutely cruddy today.  I think I'm definitely over the bad stuff, haven't had it for 3 months and this one time just reiterated the fact that I don't need it or want it.          
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Like I said above, a bit cruddy.  But I'm back on track today so I know I'll feel much better. 
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
Coffee and some Greek yogurt with blueberries and granola

 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Chickpea Salad      
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Tuna meatballs, Roasted Broccoli, Brown Rice 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
 
Monday
Tuna meatballs, Roasted Broccoli, Brown Rice
Tuesday 
Italian Baked Chicken, Olive oil pasta   
Wednesday 
Lemon Pepper Tilapia, Tomato Rice, Salad
Thursday 
Stuffed Peppers, Lentil Salad
Friday
Lavash Bread pizza 
Saturday
Chicken Pesto Pasta
Sunday
BBQ Burgers and Hotdogs, Oven Fries


*** What I am wearing *** 
In my nightgown still, it's been pretty hot around here.  I'll probably change into a summer dress later.   

 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Exodus in the Bible 
The Wind in the Willows


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Hudutsuz Sevda, Ruzgarli Tepe, Bir Sevdadir, Gelin, Uc Kiz Kardes, Kara Agac Destani 
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar

 
*** Looking around the house *** 
We had family over yesterday for Easter, so I need to tidy up and clean up after that. 
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Usual homemaking
Bible and Devotional time
Reading time
Crochet time
Dropping my car off at dealership, it's been giving me some issues
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
Books and more books.  I love baskets of books in different corners of the house.
 

 
*** What I am crocheting or sewing ***
Still slowly getting through the last few rows of Part 4.  
 
Today, I am hoping to finally sew up some chickens and birds, and also since I'll have the sewing machine out, make some book sleeves as well.
 
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Worshiping with other believers helps you view all of life from the vantage point of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp
 


5 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I used to cover all of my paperback books with clear sticky covers, but I realized I will never read my books a 2nd time, so now I use the library as much as I can, and donated or pass on any books I do buy. Have a nice week.

Jean said...

Baby chicks on the way?! That's so exciting. Can't wait to see the pictures when the new chicks arrive in the world. Hope you have a wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra!
So excited about your baby chicks. :) I remember when you used to talk long ago about wanting land and like your own little farm land... and now here you are! Have a blessed week ahead. xo

Luludou said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the baby chicks. Glad you got to enjoy your Easter with your family. Have a good week

Nancy Chisum said...

I enjoyed your blog post! Good luck with the chicks!