Monday, April 29, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/29/2024

 
 Happy Homemaker Monday
 
Good morning ladies, and a very happy Monday to you all.
 
It is a gorgeous morning here in Texas, after a weekend of pretty strong tornadoes and thunderstorms.  It was intense, it was scary, we had the sirens actually go off and we were on the edge of our seats from 3pm to 1am.  
 
We have a lot of family in Oklahoma too and some of them were in the path of these tornadoes as well.  If you haven't seen it it yet, Sulphur Oklahoma was completely destroyed.  It is heartbreaking to see.  So this morning, before we even start our post, I want you to take a moment and pray for all those affected, for the 4 lives lost, and for the entire community.  Also, we are just getting started with Tornado season here in Tornado Alley, so please keep us all in your prayers.
 
Now, let's get on with today's post.  Have a blessed week my friends and stay safe.
 
Sandra


 
 
*** The Weather *** 
We got through the horrible storms, but we have more coming in the next few days. 
 
Monday - Cloudy, 81
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 88
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 84
Thursday - Thunderstorms, 82
Friday- Mostly sunny, 75
Saturday - Scattered thunderstorms, 74
Sunday - Scattered thunderstorms, 77
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Listening to one of Julie Green's teachings on TV, and working on this post. 
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
Nothing specific, just the usual daily life.    
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm doing well, I am now down 26 pounds and feeling amazing.  I have my blood test on Friday, it kept getting pushed back.  Will see how my triglycerides are doing, and will let you know. 
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I have had a cup of coffee, but nothing else yet.  Will probably have 2 scrambled eggs with spinach and a piece of toast, for breakfast.  
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
I have a burrito bowl that I made on Friday.  Chicken strips, cauliflower rice, corn and avocado.  It was really good.     
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Homemade Rotisserie Chicken, roast potatoes, squash in tomato sauce. 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 

Monday
Homemade Rotisserie Chicken, roast potatoes, squash in tomato sauce.
Tuesday 
Chicken and Spinach Pie, Salad   
Wednesday 
Shrimp Fajitas, Mexican rice
Thursday
Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches
Friday
Bacon Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad
Saturday
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Brussel Sprouts and Gnocchi, Cucumber Tomato Salad
Sunday
Meatball Bake with Chickpea Salad


*** What I am wearing *** 
Summer nightgown.  Will put on some shorts and a tshirt for the day.    

 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Almost done with the book of Exodus in the Bible.  You should read it, it is almost mirror image to what we are seeing in our world today and what we are facing.  It's incredible. 
Venetia by Georgette Heyer


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Ruzgarli Tepe, Gelin, Kara Agac Destani
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar
Paramount - Star Trek Discovery with my hubby

 
*** Looking around the house *** 
Monday morning, means the usual tidy and clean up and setting the house in order for the week ahead. 
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Usual homemaking - dishes, laundry
Bible and Devotional time
Reading time
Crochet time
Workout
Make Baklava
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
After 5 years, we finally had another Air Show at our base, and it was amazing.  We were blessed with tickets to the VIP tent which gives you an up close and personal experience, lunch, drinks, shade and the ability to meet and greet the pilots of the air show.    
 
I have hundreds of photos to go through and edit, and will be adding them to my Flickr account, you can see them all as I post them, in my Sheppard AFB Air Show 2024.

IMG_6377

IMG_6350

IMG_6343

 
*** What I am crocheting or sewing ***
I still need to get my chickens and birds sewn up.  I keep saying I will do it today, then get busy and don't get around to it.  
 
Also still working on the Nordic Blanket. 
 
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Jesus commands you to take up your cross and follow Him, and then He gives you the strength to carry the load. - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


6 comments:

Sherry Jolly said...

The weather out that way looked terrifying. I saw some video of huge tornadoes. Prayers sent for all affected.

I agree about Exodus. I read it a few months back. Very scary.

The photographs of the air
show are amazing.

Have a blessed week!

Stacy said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I bet you feel a lot better, that's a lot of weight to lose! I will be praying for those in the path of the storms. It is so heartbreaking, I'm glad that God kept you and your family safe. Your menu looks delicious! I hope you have a lovely week! Thanks as always for hosting! The new blog design looks great! It may not be that new, but it was different last time I visited, so I'm loving it!

Elisha said...

I'm so glad that you are safe. I hadn't heard about Sulphur, OK; definitely praying for all affected. Have a wonderful, safe week.

Luludou said...

We do not have tornadoes here but the videos we saw of them, nature is so strong! Glad you are safe.
Love the air show pictures.
Have a great week - good work on taking care of yourself

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Those tornado moments are terrifying to me. Prayers sent for all those involved and for anyone in the paths of that kind of weather regularly to be kept so safe 🙏🏻

That air show looked amazing! We have an airbase up here in the northwoods and they do a show like that every couple of years. I haven't been since Annie was pretty young. I told Matt I want to take him one of these times. They are so cool!

Blessings on your week ahead. xo

threesidesofcrazy said...

I really hope this early start to tornado season doesn't mean it will be an active and long one - keeping you and all those in the paths in my prayers. Haven't been to an air show in several years - so much fun for you to get the VIP experience. Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.