Wednesday, October 09, 2024

{ Spend the day with me }


 “Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” 
 Humbert Wolfe
 
 Spend the day with me - October 8, 2024

I love a pretty sunrise but there are times of year, where they seem to be even more vivid, more brilliant in their colors and tones.  Autumn brings those mornings and it always leaves me in awe.  One of my bedroom windows faces east, which allows me to have a beautiful show every single morning.  

I took my time getting up from my bed.  Although mornings start for me with a 4:50am rise, week days and weekends, once hubby is off to work, I retreat back to our bedroom and climb back into bed with my babies in tow.  

I do my prayers and devotional, read my bible, and then either scroll the phone a little or watch a YouTube video.   Shortly after, the sun starts rising, and that is usually my cue to get up, make the bed, get dressed and start my day.

I'm a person who can go with the flow, but honestly do better with a set routine, and even if my days mostly have the same things going on, the knowledge of that comfortable, constant routine fills me with joy.
 
So come and spend the day with me, it is not exciting, I'll tell you that right off the bat, but it's my routine and my usual homemaking, and just as I love seeing other women's daily routines, I am sure there's at least one person out there who enjoys it too.


October 8, 2024

::::  I usually start my week by stripping the beds.  Is there anything better than getting into bed with fresh sheets?  I don't think there is.  It has to be one of the top comfort favorite simple things for me.

October 8, 2024

::::  The next thing on my list is to open curtains to let in the sunshine.  I am always amazed at how different the sunshine looks in different seasons.  The bright sun of summer, has a totally different light in Autumn and then in Winter.  I've learned to appreciate each one for it's own beauty.

October 8, 2024

::::  By this time my Kaia is ready to go back outside for a second potty break.  Usually, I leave the door open and the screen shut, for as long as it's cool.  When the temps starting warming up, as they still do in October for us, I close the door.

October 8, 2024

::::  I throw in a load of laundry first thing in the morning, then start my switching and tossing back and forth between the washer and dryer, folding, and finally putting away.  I must admit, the packing away is the least favorite part of that chore.

October 8, 2024

::::  Emptying the dishwasher and refilling with breakfast dishes, or if I have leftover pots or dishes that had to be soaked overnight.

October 8, 2024

October 8, 2024

::::  It is time to meal plan for the next two weeks again and I do quite enjoy this part of looking through cookbooks and finding recipes to try.  However, it hasn't been as easy as of late, due to the picky eaters, cost of groceries and my new way of eating, but I try to find recipes I think look good and can be adapted for my needs.

October 8, 2024

::::  With 3 acres of property, mowing is a constant.  The yards are not lush like they usually are, due to the heat wave we had over the summer, but slowly as the temperatures drop and we get morning dew on the grass, it's starting to turn green again.


October 8, 2024

:::: Little bits of Autumn showing up all over the house.  I don't go all out, not because I don't like it, but I just don't want to go out and waste money on decorations, so I use the few that I have saved from year to year, and just move them around in different rooms.  Something I may have used in a living room a year prior, will now show up in my kitchen, or dining room.

October 8, 2024

October 8, 2024

::::  When the chores are done, I usually have the afternoon free to do whatever I want, such as reading or crocheting.  When first married, I would have a hard time trying to fit in any of my hobbies into my busy day, then one day I read somewhere, on an old blog which I think is actually no longer online, that you should add those fun activities into your routine.

That is what I started doing.  They were no longer just a "well if I have a spare minute I can read a little".

I added them to my schedule and now it's just part of my life.  Every day I try to do something that brings me joy, and believe me, it helps so much especially on those days that we are not feeling it.  There are days that we are overwhelmed, stressed, or going through a difficult situation.  It's easy to stay stuck in that moment, but doing something that you love, helps.  A.lot!

So if you are a new wife or mom, make sure you're adding in time for yourself in the busy schedule.  We have to take care of ourselves too, in order to be able to take care of everyone else around us.  

That's probably one of the best advice I can give to you.  Don't forget yourself in the middle of all the other responsibilities.  Do that crochet, read that book, watch that show or movie.  You deserve it!

I hope you enjoyed sharing my day with me, and if you've made it all the way to the end of this post, thank you for sticking around.  🧡

No comments: