Thursday, August 09, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!!!



Thank you to all the ladies who participate every week, I can't tell you how much I enjoy your recipes.

Here's mine for today, don't forget to leave a comment and your name on Mr Lin
ky so the rest of us can come save your recipes to try them out :)

I tried 3 crockpot recipes, 2 of which I had shared in past Slow Cooking Thursdays, and they were a hit with the family. The Rigatoni and Sausage and the Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken....the other one was a Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya which I substituted Smoked Sausage for the shrimp. They were all SO good!!!

Here's the one for today:


ORANGE THYME CROCKPOT CHICKEN

6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 teaspoon thyme
Dash ground nutmeg
Dash garlic powder
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch

Combine thawed orange juice concentrate (not regular orange juice) in bowl along with the thyme, nutmeg, and garlic powder. Dip each piece of chicken into the orange juice to coat completely. Place in Crock-Pot. Pour the remaining orange juice mixture over the chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for about 4 hours.

When chicken is done, remove and keep warm. Pour the sauce that remains in your Crock-Pot into a saucepan. Mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water well (no lumps) and stir into the juice in pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Serve the sauce over the chicken.

Serving suggestions: Serve with rice


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another wonderful week of hosting!

Mrs.T said...

That orange thyme chicken looks fantastic! Thanks for hosting -- and have a great day on your birthday tomorrow!

Michelle said...

Thanks for hosting;-) the hostesss with the mostess!!I can't wait to try your orange thyme chicken,have a great day tomorrow..

Anonymous said...

i got to try that orange thyme chicken.thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sandra for doing this each week. I love the size of the group. It feels cozier. I quit doing most of these because the groups got too big and noone visit anyone but your little group has the best ladies. :) They are so kind to visit around.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
I am passing the Nice Matters award on to you. Please stop by my blog and pick it up.
You are always so kind.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. It is going in my to try file. Thanks for hosting.

MJ

Jen said...

Looks yummy...

Terri said...

This looks great - almost like orange chicken I get at our Chinese restaurant. I see you're having a birthday tomorrow - Hope it's great!

Mari said...

We love orange chicken, so I will definately be trying this. Thanks and Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

The Orange Chicken looks wonderful. Do you cut the chicken into chunks before you put it in the crockpot? Thanks for the wonderful blog.

Sandra said...

Thank you everyone :)

Marylonnevik - I do cut the chicken into chunks :)

smilnsigh said...

~~August 10, 2007~~

~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!~~~

~~~~To: Sandra~A sweet gal, if there ever was one.~~~~

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!!!

I hereby declare that today is the day, for Sandra to do ONLY WHAT SHE WANTS TO DO!!!*

*Declared by Mari-Nanci, in her role as "Queen Of The Universe"

Hugssssssssssssss,
Mari-Nanci

^_^

Eden said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SANDRA!!!!! Have a great day of fun and doing whatever you want to do!

Yum-o recipe. I need to get back in the swing of participating. I love it, but always forget. I'll have to find a yummy recipe and join.

I've missed seeing you around.

Hugs,
Eden

Michelle said...

I can't even begin to tell you how yummy this looks! I want some right now LOL

I think I've run out of slow cooker recipes, that's why I haven't posted any lately - guess I'm going to have to start searching for some!