Friday, November 02, 2007

The ripple effect!


Good morning everyone, come on in and have some coffee with me, I'll try to get you up to date with what's going on here.

You know how when one kid gets sick it creates a ripple effect through the house??? That's mainly what is going on here right now, Nicholas was the first to get a cold and now he's been kind enough to pass it on to us, I guess I should blame me and Curt since we've instilled the values of sharing in our children. *snicker*

Jasmine and I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat but obviously without her having a fever I couldn't keep her at home, so off to school she went. By the time I went to pick her up in the afternoon I could tell that she was not well at all, she was pale, pretty much dragging herself towards home and as soon as I hugged her she felt hot. I brought her home and she was running a high fever, had a really sore throat and after taking a sip of juice, changed into her nightie and got into my bed.....within 5 minutes she was OUT for the rest of the night and until this morning.

That for me is when you know a child is really not feeling well because usually they are sick and will still run around and play. I'm a little annoyed because she told me that she had been sent to the nurse at 9am, the nurse had taken her temperature and checked her throat etc.....told her she had a fever and a cold but didn't bother sending her home.....what is up with that???

Anyway, this morning I'm the one feeling sick and running a fever, guess that is why Curt is trying to stay away from me as much as possible LOL




Now that you know the reason I've been away for a couple of days, let me tell you about Halloween, we ended up trick or treating for 2 hours and it would have been longer if Nicholas hadn't decided that he was done with Halloween, his shoes were hurting him, people were suddenly scary, his candy bag was "too heavy to carry" and he just wanted to go home.

OH and have I ever told you that he's deathly afraid of heights??? Well actually, Curt, Jasmine and Nicholas all are, it's enough to send me into stitches watching their expressions when they head up a flight of stairs LOL

Anyway, Curt tried to carry him home on his shoulders and Nic just started screaming at the top of his lungs.....now imagine if you will, it's halloween night, it's really dark and all of a sudden you hear a small child screaming bloody murder LOL

Here's some pictures, Jasmine wanted to be a fairy at first but then at the store she saw this Gothic Enchantress costume and wanted to be that, all because her favorite color is red and she thought this dress was "beautiful"!



And then we get home and we do the usual going through the candy and removing any opened pieces, checking that everything else is in order etc..........that is usually followed by the counting of the candy by both kids, sitting in the middle of the living room rug with their piles and figuring out who has what and who has MORE which is obviously the biggest thing. *sigh*


When all is accounted for the *trading* begins.........I'll give you this one if you give me 2 of yours.....no no, wait, give me one and I'll give you 2 of mine but I get to pick which ones I give you. LOL


And with that another Halloween comes to a close until next year when we go out and do it all over again with just as much enthusiasm as the year before.



Last night I tried a new recipe from my Gooseberry Patch Cookbook "Autumn in the country". It was called Mom's Cassoulet and it was really good.

For dinner tonight I'm making Chicken Cacciatore.....yummy!

Also, I'm sorry I was so late with the Slow Cooking Thursday posting, I see I didn't get many participants at all but thank you to the wonderful ladies that joined in :)
If you're looking for some great Slow Cooker recipes, just check out my post below.

And now I leave you with a little peek at my scarf, one thing about the cooler weather is that I tend to throw myself into knitting, you can almost count on the methodical click click of the needles as they work in the background while watching TV.

Here's what it looks like so far, I've only been able to knit for about 2 hours the other day so it's not too bad at all.....I'm using the new pattern that I talked about in my previous post. As you can see I've decided to change it a bit......I've noticed that in order to achieve the perfect stitch to that pattern I have to make sure it's tight. If I loosen the tension when knitting then it becomes different........which I'm actually loving the look of.

16 comments:

Jen said...

The kids looked great on Halloween. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Have wonderful weekend.

someone else said...

The kids look so cute. That Jasmine is going to grow up to be a real beauty!

BTW, I like your autumn blog look.

Susanne said...

I made chicken cacciatore the other day and used a curly tubey kind of pasta called Scoobi Do and boy it was so good.

Sorry you guys are all not feeling well. Hope you are all rested and fine after the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Sandra!

Your knitting is looking great!

Hugs.

Mari said...

The kids look so cute! I'm gald you are instilling such good values like sharing, but you may have to tell them they are too good at it! So - rest and get better and quit sharing!

heidi @ ggip said...

Those are some GREAT pictures documenting your kids' halloween.

Anonymous said...

CUTE PICS OF THE KIDS

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Darling costumes...you need to have a nice restful weekend, so sorry you guys have the bug-a-boo. Get well, LeANn

Kathie said...

The children are adorable. Enjoyed visiting your blog. I'm mom to Eden (once upon a dream)
Blessings from Costa Rica

Cheri said...

You're scarf looks great.
The kids costumes turned out great- glad they had fun even with the screaming and all!
Hope you all are back to healthy again soon!

Renee said...

Your kids are adorable and sounds like you all had fun for Halloween! Hope you all get over your colds! Sorry, I too forgot Thursday was Thursday (mm...maybe sugar rush from the candy I swiped and ate???LOL). I'll join in next week.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Ah Sandra,
I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

"Too adorable..your children are sweet and cute all dressed up, Sandra!"

I have missed you girl, you have to check out my new look, come by! Also, we lots to chat about..."how about them Ghost Hunters 'LIVE' on Sci Fi...don't miss it this week for the 'EVIDENCE...WHOOOOO!"
Hugs,
xo Jeannene

Jill said...

Love the costumes! Very original. We had the cold bug rippling around our house last week, too. I hope you all are feeling better.

gail@more than a song said...

Looks like a fun Halloween! We would do that in our family with 4 kids, pass the sickness around and start all over again. Hope you're feeling better soon! The cassoulet looks good.

smilnsigh said...

Oh my Dear! Jasmine has such, such, such beautiful hair!!!

Oh I guess I've said that before hu? :-) Yes I have!!!

I just love the curls and the red. We have one granddaughter with thick red hair, but only waves. And sighhhh, she's the one who has been a 'tomboy.' Well, she's growing out of the 'tomboy' stuff. But still doesn't do as much with her hair, as I'd like! -grin-

Mari-Nanci